Controller no longer controls drone
716 3 2023-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DH88 Comet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I'm having trouble with my Mavic Air. I tried to use it yesterday having updated the the drone firmware. when I came to actually fly it, the contoller connected to the drone and everything said I was ready to fly but bring the sticks together had no effect. The only way I could get it airbourne was to use the automatic take of and hover control on the phone, and that's ALL it would do - hover! No amount of stick input had any effect, all I could do is use the automatic to land it.

I wondered if the controller required a firmware upadate but nothing seemed available. I have tried resyncing it but now it no longer connects to the drone.
I am now out of ideas, does anyone out there suggest anything?
2023-6-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to connect your remote controller also via DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware and check if the issue persists? You may refer to the tutorial below on how to properly link your aircraft to your RC. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2023-6-11
Use props
DH88 Comet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-11 17:37
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to connect your remote controller also via DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware and check if the issue persists? You may refer to the tutorial below on how to properly link your aircraft to your RC. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXnp3PQiJ6s

Hi there DJI Paladin, using the video I was able to relink the controller to the drone and after  re-calibrating the compass everything seemed to come on line and the drone was apparently ready to fly.
The camera tilt control works as does the re-centre button, but the joysticks do absolutely nothing.

At this point I had a thought. Due to an IMU error after a firmware upgrade that had forced me to do a factory reset, I'd lost all my customised flight control settings. I had tried to recreate them. However, it looks like they hadn't saved and the controller was set to a blank custom mode, as soon as I switched back to Mode 2 I have full control again, so problem solved, although I've got to try and slow down the pitch and yaw again now.

Thanks again for your help.
2023-6-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

DH88 Comet Posted at 6-13 06:20
Hi there DJI Paladin, using the video I was able to relink the controller to the drone and after  re-calibrating the compass everything seemed to come on line and the drone was apparently ready to fly.
The camera tilt control works as does the re-centre button, but the joysticks do absolutely nothing.

Thank you for keeping us posted. We're glad that you managed to isolate this issue and we appreciate you for sharing with us the steps that you performed. Feel free to reach us back if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules