Compass calibration
895 3 2023-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ingagliardi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44160 ft
Argentina

Often my Mavic Air indicates that there are magnetic interference and I must calibrate the compass, but there is not magnetic interference (I used a magnetometer to measure it) and is very difficult to calibrate the drone to fly. Even making all the process as is indicated sometimes I can´t fly. It's really a problem because I plan to do my work, I travel to the field but there is no way to fly the drone. It happens in different areas, all rural areas were there is no wires of electricity or other kind, no concrete with iron, bridges, etc etc
What can I do?
2023-6-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I sometimes get that problem with my Mavic 2 Zoom, but re-calibrating always sorts it out.  Maybe an obvious observation, but is all your software and firmware for the drone up-to-date?
2023-6-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to calibrate the aircraft in an open area without any possible interference and check if the error message remains? In addition, you may plug in your DJI Mavic Air aircraft via DJI Assistant 2 software (download the link below) on your PC to update/refresh the firmware. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/pt/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2
2023-6-14
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Sounds like the same issue I have with one of my Mavic 2 drones.
It reports mag interference on almost every startup. But if I see in the menus of Go4, under sensors state, the compass sensors are green and OK, no interference detected.
And I also check to see if the drone symbol on the map is pointing the same direction as the drone itself on the ground.
If I take off without calibrating, it flies perfectly fine.
So I have concluded that it is a software glitch that triggers the warning, especially since my other drones do not give that message on exactly the same place.

But when I get that message, I always do the checks described above, because one day it may be a real warning!
2023-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules