2023-6-16
Use props
MisterSpyezFPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

it is not a freestyle quad!

I have found that when you do hit an object like the branch you did in the video then very quickly click out of manual mode into normal and that will steady the thing.

I stress once again, this is not a freestyle quad... for that I will fly nazgul etc

2023-6-16
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

2023-6-16
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 89751 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

this is how it SHOULD work.... but is does not...
2023-6-16
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Your method of stopping the motors is incorrect...
When you switch from manual mode to normal mode, the drone tries to stabilize itself!  
If that doesn't work, that's a completely different problem...   
2023-6-16
Use props
Siemore
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

2023-6-16
Use props
Siemore
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

BadBert Posted at 6-16 06:12
this is how it SHOULD work.... but is does not...

True story
2023-6-16
Use props
Siemore
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

frankymusik Posted at 6-16 06:43
Your method of stopping the motors is incorrect...
When you switch from manual mode to normal mode, the drone tries to stabilize itself!  
If that doesn't work, that's a completely different problem...

Did you watch the video? I already tried to stop the Motors in Manual mode the normal way FIRST, which doesn’t work in the first place.
2023-6-16
Use props
Siemore
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

MisterSpyezFPV Posted at 6-16 02:02
it is not a freestyle quad!

I have found that when you do hit an object like the branch you did in the video then very quickly click out of manual mode into normal and that will steady the thing.

There shouldn’t be a difference between a freestyle and a manual drone. End of story.
2023-6-16
Use props
djiuser_p1ZzQHJNWzQ8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1093671 ft
Canada

You bought a Ford and thought it was a Ferrari? Lmao this is not an FPV drone.
2023-6-16
Use props
Siemore
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_p1ZzQHJNWzQ8 Posted at 6-16 10:58
You bought a Ford and thought it was a Ferrari? Lmao this is not an FPV drone.

Im sure it’s advertised as such.
2023-6-16
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

so much drama.
2023-6-16
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

I love the concept of the avata, for sure solid on paper but in practice... not so much, definitely lose all confidence, and what remains often ends in spectacular failure
2023-6-16
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rather than pushing the limits of the drone, they should give an option "SUV" mode, because thats basically what it feels like a flying SUV lol
2023-6-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. DJI Avata has a built-in propeller guard that may increase flight resistance, especially when flying sideways though it can improve product performance and flight safety. Thus, in a strong wind environment, if the drone turns around at high speeds, or takes a sudden brake when flying sideways at high speeds, the flight attitude may be abnormal. We recommend to fly the drone at a slower speed when making the drone turn around and brake under the scenario mentioned above.
After firmware v01.02.0000, it optimized this part:
Added ability to detect abnormal attitude and brake automatically when the aircraft turns sharply at high speed with an altitude of more than 5 m in Manual mode. So it means the drone will brake if the aircraft turns sharply at high speed.
For your inquiry about stopping the motor in the air, you can enter the menu of the goggles, and then go to Settings > Safety > Advanced Safety Settings > Emergency Propeller Stop.
If the emergency propeller stop is enabled, the motors can be stopped mid-flight anytime by pressing the lock button twice on the motion controller or pushing both control sticks on the DJI FPV Remote controller 2 to the button inner or outer corner.
If the switch is disabled, the motors can only be stopped mid-flight with the same control action in an emergency situation, such as if a collision occurs, a motor stalls, the aircraft rolls in the air, or is out of control and is ascending or descending quickly.
Please note that stopping the motors mid-flight will cause the aircraft to crash.
2023-6-17
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-17 20:11
We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. DJI Avata has a built-in propeller guard that may increase flight resistance, especially when flying sideways though it can improve product performance and flight safety. Thus, in a strong wind environment, if the drone turns around at high speeds, or takes a sudden brake when flying sideways at high speeds, the flight attitude may be abnormal. We recommend to fly the drone at a slower speed when making the drone turn around and brake under the scenario mentioned above.
Added ability to detect abnormal attitude and brake automatically when the aircraft turns sharply at high speed with an altitude of more than 5 m in Manual mode. So it means the drone will brake if the aircraft turns sharply at high speed.

Sounds like a great solution from the drone going Hulk and smashing everything in an uncontrolled path.  Question is, how to keep it from getting mad?
2023-6-17
Use props
MisterSpyezFPV
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Siemore Posted at 6-16 07:25
There shouldn’t be a difference between a freestyle and a manual drone. End of story.

but there is and there is in a lot of other quads as well, for instance I have the chimera7 from iflight which is a 7 inch long range quad, whilst it can do flips and rolls I tend not to fly it that way or push it through a bando as it isn't built for that and if I did then I would expect a few crashes and mishaps which would be totally down to me.

I also have cinewhoops which again you can freestyle if you desire but they are no contenders when I compare them to my babyhawk 3.5inch or nazgul 5inch quads.

So the story hasn't ended has it!

2023-6-19
Use props
AsturianCetorix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46814 ft
Spain

I think this thing is a woop, not a freestyler.
2023-6-19
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 877999 ft
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-17 20:11

Don't lie I got a Cinelog 35 which got a built-in prop guard too and if flies even with a GoPro 11 like a charm even when turned hard in Yaw movements, stop telling people this stuff your drone is simply undermotorised or got Software problems. a Fail design. I'm more than happy I selled this c... Drone now...
Finaly I got a drone that is fun and can fit the role of a Cinewhoop. The CInelog can do some basic Freestyle stuff with ease too, but to be honest I don't do this with it, if I want to fly Freestyle i push the 6s on the Nazgul and go.

It's just so cheap of DJI telling people this bs because It's simply not true, it's only your Drone that crashes itself in Yaw movements going Kamikaze and uncontrollable.
Really, no one takes you serious in the FPV world because of stuff like this. Hope more people will just wake up and don't take this stuff as normal, maybe I would still believe you if I dont would know better, but I do now ;)
2023-6-19
Use props
MisterSpyezFPV
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Koolada Posted at 6-19 09:46
Don't lie I got a Cinelog 35 which got a built-in prop guard too and if flies even with a GoPro 11 like a charm even when turned hard in Yaw movements, stop telling people this stuff your drone is simply undermotorised or got Software problems. a Fail design. I'm more than happy I selled this c... Drone now...
Finaly I got a drone that is fun and can fit the role of a Cinewhoop. The CInelog can do some basic Freestyle stuff with ease too, but to be honest I don't do this with it, if I want to fly Freestyle i push the 6s on the Nazgul and go.

if I want to fly Freestyle i push the 6s on the Nazgul and go.

If anyone was in the FPV world and purchased the AVATA believing they were going to do flippy flop stuff and fly upside down etc then they were seriously deluded... that being said everyone seems to have not seen mr steele fly the thing so maybe it is down to some pilots and their skills

2023-6-20
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

MisterSpyezFPV Posted at 6-20 00:18
if I want to fly Freestyle i push the 6s on the Nazgul and go.

If anyone was in the FPV world and purchased the AVATA believing they were going to do flippy flop stuff and fly upside down etc then they were seriously deluded... that being said everyone seems to have not seen mr steele fly the thing so maybe it is down to some pilots and their skills

Steele could fly a rock better than most can fly any quad/drone. Dude is amazing on the sticks!!!!
2023-6-20
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

MisterSpyezFPV Posted at 6-20 00:18
if I want to fly Freestyle i push the 6s on the Nazgul and go.

I find it Kind of funny that so many people here Just argument on the If you crash you are a Bad Pilot and using it wrong level this error Happens also If you fly cinematic, you Just need to yaw in a little to fast movement. Many people complain about this errors.

Other quads don't got this problem I don't get why people still defend this flying brick. It flys like crap having Errors on mass, its basicly Just a joke.

And I find it kind of funny that you posted this Video because Mr steele got this Error on one Point of the Video too he just was lucky to catch it.
And No I don't will post Here any footage im doing because this Is Just childish bull... that happens in every thread If people need to defend theyre Investment to others.
Just look how DJI ist advertising the Avata and wonder why so many people think it could fly fast, man theres even a advertisement showing racing with the avata and you Wonder why people think it could freestyle, for sure its not made for freestyle.
2023-6-20
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

DJI wouldve avoided many unhappy customers Just selling it with the Motion Controller and leave it Like this not advertising it Like they do.
They don't have enaugh Trust in theyr own Drone pushing the Speed Limits on the Motion Up, because they know it will make people even more trouble.
Even a mavic will fly faster with the Motion, im Just waiting till they will unlock mavics to the FPV Controller 2 showing us how mavics fly trough racing Gates or Dive down the alps hahahaha
2023-6-20
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Definitely not pilot error, There are so much automation that goes into every DJI drone to make it market consumer simple, you don't truly appreciate it until you fly BNF drones "home built". FPV is a hobby that demands passion
2023-6-20
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

where is all this over-the-top advertising of the avata by dji that triggering some people?  i dont see it.
2023-6-20
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

The Saint Posted at 6-20 12:05
where is all this over-the-top advertising of the avata by dji that triggering some people?  i dont see it.
Look on the DJI Page and theyr Videos, Received some E-Mails too. did Show all this false advertisement in another thread.

Dji is exactly playing with dumb fools that think this is a good Starter Drone because they don't know something different. Was a dumb fool too Till I Flyed my nazgul and cinelog 35.
Did you fly once a custom build Drone? Specific a cinewhoop?
2023-6-20
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Koolada Posted at 6-20 12:09
Look on the DJI Page and theyr Videos, Received some E-Mails too. did Show all this false advertisement in another thread.

Dji is exactly playing with dumb fools that think this is a good Starter Drone because they don't know something different. Was a dumb fool too Till I Flyed my nazgul and cinelog 35.

false advertisement in your country or in mine?  i am in america, we are free here.
2023-6-20
Use props
djiuser_kcuwpoIATWpg
lvl.1

Netherlands

Did you disable 'attitude limit' in the goggles?
2023-6-20
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Siemore Posted at 6-16 07:25

Correct. It has a manual mode that is not manual. All the problems like spontaneous crashes, full speed flyoffs, uncontrollable behaviour result from the flight controller trying to save a situation the pilot wanted to be in.

I had it that the Avata got completely mad and uncontrollable in the moment I changed into manual mode. Because of the dangerous behaviour I sold my Avata and all accessories which cost way over 2000 Euros in total.

It would have been better DJI had ditched the manual mode than trying to make a manual mode with the flight controller constantly trying to be smarter than the pilot.

This is a repost but it fits well into this thread:

After switching to manual everything happened without any possibilty to control the Avata with the remote control for many seconds. Only when the Avata was hundreds of meters away and over 50 meters up in the sky it started to behave normal againg and I could bring it back.
2023-6-20
Use props
MisterSpyezFPV
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Koolada Posted at 6-20 03:06
I find it Kind of funny that so many people here Just argument on the If you crash you are a Bad Pilot and using it wrong level this error Happens also If you fly cinematic, you Just need to yaw in a little to fast movement. Many people complain about this errors.

Other quads don't got this problem I don't get why people still defend this flying brick. It flys like crap having Errors on mass, its basicly Just a joke.

I am not here to argue, throw shade on anyone or laugh at their inexperience, all I have said is if you wish to throw this drone about like it's a freestyle quad then you'll be disappointed and it will crash because it isn't built for that... I own one and find it has it's uses, is quick to get in the air and great to take on holidays for casual use, of course it has it's limits.

What I don't like about it is it won't work not even in manual mode in a NFZ/airport but with all the morons out there that don't care about this hobby I understand why they did that!

What I find strange is people who don't like it and sold theirs just cannot move on and constantly coming on here comparing the thing to racing/freestyle quads....

2023-6-21
Use props
MisterSpyezFPV
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SeehawerB Posted at 6-20 21:49
Correct. It has a manual mode that is not manual. All the problems like spontaneous crashes, full speed flyoffs, uncontrollable behaviour result from the flight controller trying to save a situation the pilot wanted to be in.

I had it that the Avata got completely mad and uncontrollable in the moment I changed into manual mode. Because of the dangerous behaviour I sold my Avata and all accessories which cost way over 2000 Euros in total.

you need more height before switching to manual mode in my experience, thing is people moaning about this drone are the same people who are happy to have the rth feature, the grids and all the osd stuff in the goggles etc.

You want full acro mode and not the version of dji manual then try an iflight quadcopter or something like that is my suggestion!
2023-6-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Elephant Apocalypse Posted at 6-17 21:13
Sounds like a great solution from the drone going Hulk and smashing everything in an uncontrolled path.  Question is, how to keep it from getting mad?

Hi there, you can refer to the suggestion I post above. Thanks.
2023-6-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Koolada Posted at 6-19 09:46
Finaly I got a drone that is fun and can fit the role of a Cinewhoop. The CInelog can do some basic Freestyle stuff with ease too, but to be honest I don't do this with it, if I want to fly Freestyle i push the 6s on the Nazgul and go.

We are sorry for any inconvenience. We will forward your feedback to the corresponding team. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.
2023-6-21
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

MisterSpyezFPV Posted at 6-21 01:09
I am not here to argue, throw shade on anyone or laugh at their inexperience, all I have said is if you wish to throw this drone about like it's a freestyle quad then you'll be disappointed and it will crash because it isn't built for that... I own one and find it has it's uses, is quick to get in the air and great to take on holidays for casual use, of course it has it's limits.

What I don't like about it is it won't work not even in manual mode in a NFZ/airport but with all the morons out there that don't care about this hobby I understand why they did that!

Where do I compete it to a racing or freestyle Quad I compared it to my new cinelog 35 I did try to fit it in a cinematic Style flying but still this Error happened unpredictable. It simply sucks at anything. I can compete it to another whoop and can Tell its Like day and night.

Yeah sure its a nice traveldrone thinked the Same but really you can easy travel with a custom one too and even repair it in field If something goes wrong. That was a while something I thought would make the DJI fit a purpose but really I did not even wanted to fly it anymore because the Security Problems and worse flight exp

You ask why I still post here? Because I lost alot of money wanting to help people not doing the Same mistake trusting a company like DJI, they are doing nothing about this Error telling people yaw errors and auch Happens because of the propguard.. thats simply not true.

Yeah and the wors Thing with this Airport DJI Babysitting is that you even cannot fly If you got permission to do so.
2023-6-21
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

As much as I wish this community comes together and DJI cooperates in a more jolly dandy way, Can't dismiss the concern and tensions of how things around the globe is affecting everyone.  DJI has introduced myself and many others into the world of drones, for that I'm thankful, delivered some cherished memories, sure has its flaws and sure anyone can point fingers but end of the day that never helps playing the endless blame game.   I went through a few avata's and gave it a chance, I won't be getting another one thats for sure, What good is a drone that you can't trust under normal circumstances, let alone freestyle.

Sure there are drone pilots giving everyone a bad rep, take the stupid war propaganda with FPV "destroying" tanks, the gravity of that is so overwhelmingly disconnected from reality is terrifying.  Billions goes into defense industry to defeat 8" thick steel, and now its been paraded as anti armor tool? and here we are complaining about drones and airports.... truly how far we've fallen we should focus on preserving the joys from the hobby
In the words of Rodney King, Can't we all just get along
2023-6-21
Use props
MisterSpyezFPV
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Koolada Posted at 6-21 12:47
Where do I compete it to a racing or freestyle Quad I compared it to my new cinelog 35 I did try to fit it in a cinematic Style flying but still this Error happened unpredictable. It simply sucks at anything. I can compete it to another whoop and can Tell its Like day and night.

Yeah sure its a nice traveldrone thinked the Same but really you can easy travel with a custom one too and even repair it in field If something goes wrong. That was a while something I thought would make the DJI fit a purpose but really I did not even wanted to fly it anymore because the Security Problems and worse flight exp

I was just going over what others were expecting of it and the comparison wasn't aimed at you specifically, enjoy the cinelog, i've read and watched good things on that drone... one of my faves to fly is the emax babyhawk hd 3.5 inch but lets be real, if I am going on holiday and getting on a flight with the missus I don't want to take my torvol fpv bag with all the lipos charger and repair kits that weighs a fair bit once loaded up... the avata with 3xbatteries, goggles and remote in a bag is a lot easier to manage.

Like all the other things I have wrote that's just my experience and preference  
2023-6-22
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

MisterSpyezFPV Posted at 6-22 00:34
I was just going over what others were expecting of it and the comparison wasn't aimed at you specifically, enjoy the cinelog, i've read and watched good things on that drone... one of my faves to fly is the emax babyhawk hd 3.5 inch but lets be real, if I am going on holiday and getting on a flight with the missus I don't want to take my torvol fpv bag with all the lipos charger and repair kits that weighs a fair bit once loaded up... the avata with 3xbatteries, goggles and remote in a bag is a lot easier to manage.

Like all the other things I have wrote that's just my experience and preference
Yeah I know but the problem is the advertising by DJI and DJI positive Youtuber and other influencers it gets marketet as a action rich  experience and perfect you can do all beginner Drone which is unlocked for the FPV 2 controller. Thats where many expectations come from.

Long term this problems with the Avata will hurt the trust base of customers and the FPV comnunity in General.

I Personal thinked about getting a mavic later to support my footage but really can't trust dji anymore. There are even alternatives for this style of Drone.

Yeah you are right about this travel thing but I can easy fit my cinelog 35 alone in my small bag I used before for the Avata and the only thing you carry extra is a charger and some screwdriver so its not that much of a deal. Its a nice drone to get on a flight but more likely carry some extras with me then having a Bad Drone that cant even fly a GoPro on top. The O3 makes nice Videos but you need to fly with the settings and a GoPro 11 better
2023-6-22
Use props
djiuser_p1ZzQHJNWzQ8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1093671 ft
Canada

Tonight I'm going to my Audi dealership to flip out that my car can't do 200mph even though my speedometer says I can...
2023-6-22
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Germany

djiuser_p1ZzQHJNWzQ8 Posted at 6-22 11:40
Tonight I'm going to my Audi dealership to flip out that my car can't do 200mph even though my speedometer says I can...

Bad comparison, it's more like you buy an Audi that is advertised to run 200kmh and if you run 150 kmh in a curve it will just flip over and if rolled three times and back on the wheels it will speed up to 300kmh crashing in everything on your way not being controllable anymore and if you survive Audi will tell you because of the wheel design you cannot drive in curves above 100kmh

People still just don't get the problem...
2023-6-22
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

djiuser_p1ZzQHJNWzQ8 Posted at 6-22 11:40

I would love to see the picture of that Audi where the speedo says 200mph...
2023-6-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules