Goggles 2 VS Goggles Integra
49200 33 2023-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NZTXXK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85308 ft
Canada

I read a few reviews of these two goggles available and still it is not entirely clear which one is more superior.

Integra comes with O3+ transmission, where as Goggles 2 does not have this. To me, something related to connectivity is probably one of the most important factors for UAVs, yet Integra is marketed by DJI as cheaper option.

Also DJI states: "DJI Goggles Integra has more comprehensive features and stronger compatibility. It supports the head tracking function, which allows you to experience immersive flight more freely. [...] DJI Goggles Integra features improved visual experience, wearing comfort, size, weight, and UI interaction."

At the same time, DJI states about Integra: "the wireless streaming function, dot matrix display, speaker, 3.5mm audio port, and diopter adjustment function have been removed".

Also, Goggles 2 have wider FOV.

To me, as a consumer, all this information and statements are unclear and conflicting, as to which goggles are more superior.

I need some advise.

Thanks!
2023-6-16
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought Integra just for the GPS; haven't looked back at Goggles2.
2023-6-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The lightweight DJI Goggles Integra adopts an integrated design that combines headband and battery into one, feeling lightweight and balanced. Designed with a GPS module and two Micro-OLED screens that support a refresh rate of up to 100 Hz, DJI Goggles Integra helps achieve immersive flight in first-person view when used with DJI O3+ Video Transmission. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2023-6-16
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Most important: Integra: battery and remote-id built-in, smaller field of view (some had problems seeing everything in focus); Goggles 2: diopter adjustment, more flexibility for the battery. Madtech and Joshua Bardwell both have comparison videos. If you have no glasses then the Integra is probably the better deal.
2023-6-17
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

It took me a few minutes to figure out what was going on here....

DJI made a huge mistake when they named the named the DJI Goggles 2.

To clarify, this is found on the Avata page of the DJI Shop (at the bottom of the page under the Let's Answer Your Questions section....

confuz.png

Because of the poor name choice of the DJI Goggles 2, this section is very confusing. There are two separate questions with separate answers but because they are grouped together, you don't notice that the first question/answer is about the DJI Goggles 2 while the second question/answer is about the DJI FPV Goggles V2.

NZTXXK....

For me, the Integra was the better choice due to the built-in GPS (I'm in the USA) and I didn't want to deal with having to attach my phone to the goggles. Also, I didn't want to have a dangling cord for the battery pack that the DJI Goggles 2 has. While I do wear eyeglasses, the difference in the diopter is minimal....I don't share my goggles so having the corrective lenses in doesn't matter.

As far as the FOV goes, think of it this way, it would be like comparing a 44" TV with a 51" TV. While the 51" TV sounds better in the numbers game, but the difference is negligible.

Technically, the DJI Goggles 2 are superior but it all comes down to personal preference.

The wireless streaming function, dot matrix display, speaker and 3.5 mm audio port weren't as important as the built-in GPS and integrated battery.

Hope this clarifies things for you!!!

2023-6-17
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

^where you look at the entirely of the faq on the dji page, you see there is a one question/one answer/one paragraph format.  occasionally there is a two-question/two-answer/two-format used.  in this instance, the first question is "differences" and the second question is "upgrades."  the answers are given in "differences" and "upgrades."  seems pretty straightforward to me.

since no one makes a purchase decision solely based on teh faqs, i'd say it is a non-issue.  and it's certainly not a huge mistake to name it goggles 2.  it would have been a huge mistakes to name it "the mavic goggles."  could they have done better?  perhaps.  but the naming process is at the sole discretion of the company and unfortunately there isn't much of a place to criticize.  the vast majority of the buyers get their goggles in a box along with their drone and pretty much don't care how it's named; they're just called goggles and no one knows the goggles v2.  for those that end up confused, lots of support online is available as well as a generous return period should you make a mistake.  overall i'd give it a B- because i know this was pulled together over years and it's not that easy to make everything work over time.
2023-6-18
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Integra have better clarity on sides because of reduced FOV...Goggles 2 is blurry and you get motion sickness.
2023-6-21
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geo_Drone Posted at 6-21 00:23
Integra have better clarity on sides because of reduced FOV...Goggles 2 is blurry and you get motion sickness.

Never had either issue at all. It's probably unfair to paint such a broad picture.
2023-6-21
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

KLRSKIR Posted at 6-21 10:49
Never had either issue at all. It's probably unfair to paint such a broad picture.

Last firmware for Goggles fixed a part of this by limiting a little the FOV.
If you search forums, will see many people with same issue, blurred corners of G2.
Also there are Youtube videos that shows the problem.
This made me also change to Integra.

Cheers.
2023-6-22
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geo_Drone Posted at 6-22 23:48
Last firmware for Goggles fixed a part of this by limiting a little the FOV.
If you search forums, will see many people with same issue, blurred corners of G2.
Also there are Youtube videos that shows the problem.

I've seen the threads and the videos. It really comes down to the facial features of the user. I may have tried the Integra goggles, but really didn't want to shackled to a single internal battery.  
2023-6-23
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 673862 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have the Integra, and I like the convenience of the integrated battery.I was not too fond of having to connect to a phone before using the Goggles 2 o get a GPS coordinate.
Although, can someone with the Goggles 2 explain this process?

My one issue with the Integra is the use of the lenses. I think I'm in between a -1 and -2. Again, someone with the Goggles 2, could you share how you have found this?
2023-7-1
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I just plug my phone into the goggles, power everything on and off I go.

As far as the lenses, I'm not sure what you're asking. My right diopter is at 0 and my left at 1. I also like being able to adjust the lenses horizontally to fit my needs.

I think I said it in another thread, but I did not like the idea of being tied to one battery in the goggles. I currently have three batteries and I could rip through all three if I'd ever get some free time. Can the Integra battery be charged while you are flying?
2023-7-1
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229255 ft
Germany

Can the Integra battery be charged while you are flying? Yes with a powerbank it works without problems
2023-7-9
Use props
odesius
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I've just had my first flight with them , and very nice, I'm surprised how much battery they use as opposed to my eachine ev 100's but much better with the HD screens, low latency moving my hand in front of the camera so Mr Steele may prefer these to his v2's.If you want to fly in the simulator you need to go to 3 dots bottom left in menu and activated DJI Virtual flight, then when connecting back to drone turn on goggles first before radio and quad.
I done some videos on YouTube
Small light and compact ideal for travelling it's shame they don't work with my air 2S
I like them!
2023-10-23
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

odesius Posted at 10-23 23:09
I've just had my first flight with them , and very nice, I'm surprised how much battery they use as opposed to my eachine ev 100's but much better with the HD screens, low latency moving my hand in front of the camera so Mr Steele may prefer these to his v2's.If you want to fly in the simulator you need to go to 3 dots bottom left in menu and activated DJI Virtual flight, then when connecting back to drone turn on goggles first before radio and quad.
I done some videos on YouTube https://youtu.be/Pnxr5M8GihU?si=LsgDLw-Rs4yvKgzU
Small light and compact ideal for travelling it's shame they don't work with my air 2S

did you say you had a video on using these with the simulator?
2023-10-24
Use props
CireinTexas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5786001 ft
United States

Xviews Posted at 7-9 11:53
Can the Integra battery be charged while you are flying? Yes with a powerbank it works without problems

If you add a power bank, then it is the same as having your phone connected for the Goggles 2, so if this is the case, the G2 is superior.  
2023-11-3
Use props
djiuser_wrJ8rOMGjIil
New

Turkey

As DJI engineers, I wonder why you don't make your new product (DJI mini 4 Pro) compatible with another new product (DJI Googles Integra).  So much so that they are both sold separately.
2023-11-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_wrJ8rOMGjIil Posted at 11-21 13:44
As DJI engineers, I wonder why you don't make your new product (DJI mini 4 Pro) compatible with another new product (DJI Googles Integra).  So much so that they are both sold separately.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, the DJI Mini 4 Pro is not compatible with any DJI Goggles that we have. This suggestion was already been forwarded to our relevant team for attention. For the latest news and updates, you may subscribe to our official website at https://www.dji.com/global. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-11-28
Use props
Jack Hart
lvl.2
United States

One advantage to Integra that I have not seen mentioned is that for users with astigmatism, Integra lenses can be custom made to correct that condition.  Custom lenses cost about
2023-11-30
Use props
Jack Hart
lvl.2
United States

One advantage to Integra that I have not seen mentioned is that for users with astigmatism, custom lenses can be made to correct for that condition.  Custom lenses cost about $50 and take about a week to be delivered.
2023-11-30
Use props
fansc8188543
lvl.2
Flight distance : 322726 ft

United States

Jack Hart Posted at 11-30 17:45
One advantage to Integra that I have not seen mentioned is that for users with astigmatism, custom lenses can be made to correct for that condition.  Custom lenses cost about $50 and take about a week to be delivered.

Seriously?  Where can I have this done?
2023-12-25
Use props
Jpandes
lvl.1

United States

fansc8188543 Posted at 12-25 09:01
Seriously?  Where can I have this done?

Here's what I found: Hons VR
2023-12-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_wrJ8rOMGjIil Posted at 11-21 13:44

Hello there. With the latest firmware of the DJI Mini 4 Pro, we already added support for the DJI Goggles 2/Integra with DJI RC Motion 2. For more information, please visit the link below. Thank you for your valued support.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Information_EN.pdf
2023-12-26
Use props
fansc8188543
lvl.2
Flight distance : 322726 ft

United States

Jpandes Posted at 12-25 16:38
Here's what I found: Hons VR

Thank you.  I never considered that would be an option for me.
2023-12-27
Use props
Predtek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95814 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

The DJI Mini 4 Pro is now compatible with Goggles 2 and Integra Goggles. Sadly not my FPV Googles V2. Oh god the naming...
2023-12-28
Use props
djiuser_dEnvY8p2s8Wn
New

United States

CireinTexas Posted at 2023-11-3 07:22
If you add a power bank, then it is the same as having your phone connected for the Goggles 2, so if this is the case, the G2 is superior.

Wrong....you do not need to connect them to a phone for remote ID and the battery is integrated. Goggle 2 has 2 wires ALWAYS running from the goggles to a battery pack and a phone. The Integra is totally wire free UNLESS you want to charge the battery while using them, in which case you then only have 1 cable not 2.
1-16 07:12
Use props
D35Archangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 291345 ft
Brunei

djiuser_dEnvY8p2s8Wn Posted at 1-16 07:12
Wrong....you do not need to connect them to a phone for remote ID and the battery is integrated. Goggle 2 has 2 wires ALWAYS running from the goggles to a battery pack and a phone. The Integra is totally wire free UNLESS you want to charge the battery while using them, in which case you then only have 1 cable not 2.

If remote ID isnt necessary like in my case, I have no wires hanging. Battery is attached to a clip to the back of the headband and wiring is tucked into the straps.
1-16 13:50
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Predtek Posted at 2023-12-28 18:24
The DJI Mini 4 Pro is now compatible with Goggles 2 and Integra Goggles. Sadly not my FPV Googles V2. Oh god the naming...

Hello, there. We're sorry that the DJI FPV Goggles v2 is not compatible with the DJI Mini 4 Pro due to software limitations. We'll forward your concern to our relevant team for consideration. Please pay attention to our official website for future updates. Thank you for your support.
1-20 02:19
Use props
Tino F
lvl.1

United States

dnddad324 Posted at 2023-6-17 01:39
It took me a few minutes to figure out what was going on here....

DJI made a huge mistake when they named the named the DJI Goggles 2.

Hello.
Thank you for that response.
I saw where the Integra can be used with the mini4.
What is the GPS in the goggles for?
How does everything work without the app?
Thank you in advance.
2-12 05:36
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Tino F Posted at 2-12 05:36
Hello.
Thank you for that response.
I saw where the Integra can be used with the mini4.

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Goggles Integra can be used with the DJI Mini 4 Pro as long as both firmware are updated. The built-in GPS module allows the users to comply with the RID without using an external device and the DJI Fly app isn't necessary to use. I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support.
2-14 00:58
Use props
djiuser_T051P2wor3Sd
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-12-26 04:13
Hello there. With the latest firmware of the DJI Mini 4 Pro, we already added support for the DJI Goggles 2/Integra with DJI RC Motion 2. For more information, please visit the link below. Thank you for your valued support.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Compatibility_Information/20231221/Consumer_Drones_and_Goggles_Compatibility_Information_EN.pdf

Can you use the mini4 pro with the RC2 controller and the Integra goggles?
3-18 10:06
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_T051P2wor3Sd Posted at 3-18 10:06
Can you use the mini4 pro with the RC2 controller and the Integra goggles?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mini 4 Pro can only be connected via DJI Goggles 2/Integra using the DJI RC Motion 2. Other remote controllers are not supported at the moment. We appreciate your understanding and support.
3-20 23:05
Use props
Shuflie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36440 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-20 23:05
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mini 4 Pro can only be connected via DJI Goggles 2/Integra using the DJI RC Motion 2. Other remote controllers are not supported at the moment. We appreciate your understanding and support.

Are there any plans to make the Mini 4 pro controllable with the Goggle2 and RC2/RC-N2? This would remove the need to connect a phone with a USB cable to the Goggles 2 for Remote ID and allow for finer control than that possible with the RC Motion 2.
4-23 08:20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Shuflie Posted at 4-23 08:20
Are there any plans to make the Mini 4 pro controllable with the Goggle2 and RC2/RC-N2? This would remove the need to connect a phone with a USB cable to the Goggles 2 for Remote ID and allow for finer control than that possible with the RC Motion 2.

Hello, Shuflie. We appreciate you explaining how it would help you out. While that feature isn’t currently in our development roadmap, our relevant team we'll surely be working on its possibilities that includes improvements and will be helpful for the majority of our customers. However, we wish to inform you that there is no guarantee this will be featured. Thank you for your understanding.
4-24 23:59
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules