Jpeg+Raw randomly changes to Jpeg only in latest firmware.
1361 16 2023-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

This bug has been happening randomly many times since I updated to latest firmware. This never happened before the last FW update, so I am sure its something with latest FW only.

When it happened for the first time I was shooting a professional shoot & it was really a loss of words for me to say to client that we only have jpegs from the shoot. At that time I blamed myself that I must have unknowinly changed that between afternoon shoot & evening shoot. Afternoon all shots were J+Raw & evening shoot all were Jpg. I was shocked to see that I could be so careless that I may have changed that & didnt know about it.

Since last 1 month this random change of J+Raw to Jpeg only has happened 5-6 times now, latest happened today when I flew in morning all shots were J+raw, came home kept the drone battery for charge, went out in the evening to shoot same location & I see that the shooting format has changed to Jpeg only.

So all this is happening without me doing any such change, seems like a bug in latest FW but before I report to DJI can any one of membesr confirm if the same is happening to their drone recently?

2023-6-16
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Indeed, it has been observed that there is an arbitrary complete reset of all Camera settings.
2023-6-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. According to India's Import Policy, Drones are 'prohibited' except for R&D and defense use. There are no DJI Authorized Retail Stores in India to sell drones. Simple consultations are available but aftersales repair service cannot be provided. Hope for your understanding and patience.

Regarding the said issue, can you please confirm if the option will change automatically back to (JPEG) when you restart the device or did you manage to set it to JPEG+RAW but the playback cannot show RAW format file? Can you please try this and update us so we can further isolate the issue? Also, what remote controller are you currently using? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-6-16
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-16 20:06
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. According to India's Import Policy, Drones are 'prohibited' except for R&D and defense use. There are no DJI Authorized Retail Stores in India to sell drones. Simple consultations are available but aftersales repair service cannot be provided. Hope for your understanding and patience.

Regarding the said issue, can you please confirm if the option will change automatically back to (JPEG) when you restart the device or did you manage to set it to JPEG+RAW but the playback cannot show RAW format file? Can you please try this and update us so we can further isolate the issue? Also, what remote controller are you currently using? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Yes the option changes automatically back to JPEG when I restart the device.
Basically "arbitrary reset of all camera settings" is happening as Drone.Hunter mentioned. IN my case once settings are set I don't even open them again as I shoot almost same content every week.  

This happens randomly not always, I am trying to pinpoint what is triggering this behavior even though I have not even open camera setting page on RC controller.  

Kindly report this bug to the developer team so they can update the firmware.  
2023-6-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This has been happening randomly since the first firmware on the Mini 3 and on my Mini 2 Ive also had it happen.   Since the last firmware update though it has become much more frequent and extremely annoying.  
2023-6-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Ranjan Posted at 6-16 21:27
Yes the option changes automatically back to JPEG when I restart the device.
Basically "arbitrary reset of all camera settings" is happening as Drone.Hunter mentioned. IN my case once settings are set I don't even open them again as I shoot almost same content every week.  

Thank you for your response, Ranjan. We will surely coordinate this with our relevant team for attention. We appreciate you for pointing this out. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-6-18
Use props
Brett Bertini
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5127733 ft
United States

Can confirm this has happened to me numerous times in the past 6 months and it's very irritating. took me a while to find this thread and I thought I was the only one experiencing this issue. Definitely needs to be fixed ASAP
2023-10-23
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Brett Bertini Posted at 10-23 14:10
Can confirm this has happened to me numerous times in the past 6 months and it's very irritating. took me a while to find this thread and I thought I was the only one experiencing this issue. Definitely needs to be fixed ASAP

I only noticed this with some firmware updates. I restored the settings and did not observe any problems in operation.
2023-10-23
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Drone.Hunter Posted at 10-23 17:09
I only noticed this with some firmware updates. I restored the settings and did not observe any problems in operation.

The latest FW .700 which I updated to last week did change my camera settings again but this time I am aware that setting can rest to default so manually changed back to my settings.
Ideally FW should preserve the user settings or Dji should add an option for saving custom settings on the RC.
2023-10-23
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Brett Bertini Posted at 10-23 14:10
Can confirm this has happened to me numerous times in the past 6 months and it's very irritating. took me a while to find this thread and I thought I was the only one experiencing this issue. Definitely needs to be fixed ASAP

I understand your pain & it is really irritating to shoot some wow images & then realizing  that all was shot on jpeg not on 14bit DNG.  
2023-10-23
Use props
Brett Bertini
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5127733 ft
United States

Just happened again to me today right after updating firmware. Its been a while since it happened so I forgot to check my settings, went to go shoot some real estate and when I got home saw nothing but JPEGS :/
1-28 09:20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Brett Bertini Posted at 1-28 09:20
Just happened again to me today right after updating firmware. Its been a while since it happened so I forgot to check my settings, went to go shoot some real estate and when I got home saw nothing but JPEGS :/

It's not a case of settings randomly changing.
What no-one in this thread realises is that all your settings revert to default values with every firmware update.
It's always been that way and you need to co over your settings after each firmware update.

1-28 17:47
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Labroides Posted at 1-28 17:47
What no-one in this thread realises is that all your settings revert to default values with every firmware update.
It's always been that way and you need to co over your settings after each firmware update.

At some point settings did reset on their own without the firmware update, I can confirm that. I think it had something to do with quick shots. Like quick shots did reset the settings while active, but didn't bring them back afterwards.
1-29 01:19
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Labroides Posted at 1-28 17:47

No this is not the case at least with Mini 3 pro, I updated to latest FW & my settings are intact, it resets it randomly even when you are using installed version regularly even without a FW update.

1-29 04:59
Use props
Griffonan
New

Iceland

That sounds like a frustrating experience with your camera firmware randomly switching from JPEG+Raw to JPEG only, especially during a professional shoot. It's understandable how such a sudden change could catch you off guard and cause concern.
2-27 04:30
Use props
Griffonan
New

Iceland

Griffonan Posted at 2-27 04:30
That sounds like a frustrating experience with your camera firmware randomly switching from JPEG+Raw to JPEG only, especially during a professional shoot. It's understandable how such a sudden change could catch you off guard and cause concern.

In situations like this, it's always a good idea to report the issue to the manufacturer's support team. They might be able to provide insights into what's causing the problem and potentially offer a solution or workaround.
In the meantime, if you're worried about file size or quality with JPEGs, exploring options to compress JPEGs without significant loss of quality could be helpful.
2-29 03:29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Griffonan Posted at 2-29 03:29
In situations like this, it's always a good idea to report the issue to the manufacturer's support team. They might be able to provide insights into what's causing the problem and potentially offer a solution or workaround.
In the meantime, if you're worried about file size or quality with JPEGs, exploring options to compress JPEGs without significant loss of quality could be helpful.

if you're worried about file size or quality with JPEGs, exploring options to compress JPEGs without significant loss of quality could be helpful.
There's nothing to explore .... there are no options to change the jpg compression.
2-29 13:06
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules