Vision sensor error - crash
933 14 2023-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ギク | Giku
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1238665 ft
Thailand

Today i fly my mini 3 normally, but meanwhile when i was hovering under a big tree around a meter to get upward picture - it just shown up on screen "vision sensor error, please contact dji support".

After that it lose connection from the dji rc and start return to home under the tree! Guess what, it ascend up and mowed some branches before fall down and mowed some more grass.

I have no clue what went wrong
2023-6-18
Use props
ギク | Giku
lvl.3
Thailand

Now im scared to bring it far out and something like this happen again
2023-6-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your recorded flight data might help solve your mystery incident.

Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
It has instructions to find the .txt file from your phone or tablet which you can upload to that site
Upload it and it gives you a summary of the flight data.   Post a link to that summary.

Or just post the .txt file here and several log gurus will review it and let you know what happened.
2023-6-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the incident that happened to your drone. You may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-18
Use props
ギク | Giku
lvl.3
Thailand

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-18 03:37
Your recorded flight data might help solve your mystery incident.

Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

on the dji rc screen when the incident happen i can see the error message poped up and lose connection before the drone attempt to rth, but when i watched the log replay, very weirdly both the rth snd  the error message didnt poped up. only the lose connection poped up before the log ended when it crashed.

also, the drone was just a meter away from me.
2023-6-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ギク | Giku Posted at 6-18 05:49
on the dji rc screen when the incident happen i can see the error message poped up and lose connection before the drone attempt to rth, but when i watched the log replay, very weirdly both the rth snd  the error message didnt poped up. only the lose connection poped up before the log ended when it crashed.

also, the drone was just a meter away from me.

The flight log?
2023-6-18
Use props
Simulcop
lvl.2

Colombia

In the first 3 minutes of this video, it's explained how to download the flight logs from iphone or ipad to your windows pc.
https://youtu.be/KKkCcNLJC0o

2023-6-18
Use props
ギク | Giku
lvl.3
Thailand

I think i found the culprit behind this.

When i was hovering under the tree, eventhought i have 32 sats on but it was showing weak, according to user manual says when gps is weak the drone uses it vision sensors to keep its position. Perfectly under the tree the cast shadow darken the ground below plus the ground isnt flat. It kind of slope down.

I think this may cause the error, but i still dont know why it disconnect from the rc even thought im next to it
2023-6-18
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

ギク | Giku Posted at 6-18 15:31

When i was hovering under the tree, eventhought i have 32 sats on but it was showing weak, according to user manual says when gps is weak the drone uses it vision sensors to keep its position. Perfectly under the tree the cast shadow darken the ground below plus the ground isnt flat. It kind of slope down.

Again, if you follow the instruction in this post, you may find the answer...

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 717&pid=3068063
2023-6-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ギク | Giku Posted at 6-18 15:31

When i was hovering under the tree, eventhought i have 32 sats on but it was showing weak, according to user manual says when gps is weak the drone uses it vision sensors to keep its position. Perfectly under the tree the cast shadow darken the ground below plus the ground isnt flat. It kind of slope down.

I do not understand why people prefer to guess rather than post the logs, which probably contain the answers.
If you do not want to post the logs then that is fine and your choice but it might be polite to say so.

If you do not understand how to get the logs then that too is fine but just say so and perhaps someone will walk you through the process but tell us what computer you are using.

Assumptions have often been proved to be wrong.

That said GPS quality and flight mode are, from memory, recorded in the flight logs. Besides, I think you would have seen warnings about the drone going into ATTI mode if the drone had weak GPS and the ground was too dark etc. for the VPS to work.
Did you see any such warnings?
2023-6-19
Use props
ギク | Giku
lvl.3
Thailand

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-19 07:57
I do not understand why people prefer to guess rather than post the logs, which probably contain the answers.
If you do not want to post the logs then that is fine and your choice but it might be polite to say so.

Nothing in flight log showing those, only when it disconnected from rc and thats it weirdly.
2023-6-19
Use props
ギク | Giku
lvl.3
Thailand

But anyways i check throughout the drone for any damage, but it seem just fine like before, just need to chage some props
2023-6-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ギク | Giku Posted at 6-19 23:44
Nothing in flight log showing those, only when it disconnected from rc and thats it weirdly.

What do you mean by "flight log"?
If by any chance you mean the replay available in the app then there is MUCH more info available in the .txt flight log than what is displayed in the app's replay.

The following are some of the column titles from a Mavic Mini's csv. If you see struck through text that's a consequence of the copy and paste, ignore the strike through but read the text.

CUSTOM.updateTime,CUSTOM.isPhoto,CUSTOM.isVideo,CUSTOM.hSpeed [m/s],CUSTOM.distance [m],CUSTOM.travelled [m],CUSTOM.hSpeed.running_max [m/s],CALC.hSpeed [m/s],CALC.distance [m],CALC.travelled [m],CALC.distance.running_max [m],CALC.height.running_max [m],OSD.latitude,OSD.longitude,OSD.height [m],OSD.altitude [m],OSD.xSpeed [m/s],OSD.ySpeed [m/s],OSD.zSpeed [m/s],OSD.pitch,OSD.roll,OSD.yaw,OSD.flycState,OSD.flycState.RAW,OSD.flycCommand,OSD.flycCommand.RAW,OSD.canIOCWork,OSD.groundOrSky,OSD.isMotorUp,OSD.isSwaveWork,OSD.goHomeStatus,OSD.goHomeStatus.RAW,OSD.isImuPreheated,OSD.isVisionUsed,OSD.voltageWarning,OSD.modeChannel,OSD.isGPSused,OSD.compassError,OSD.waveError,OSD.gpsLevel,OSD.batteryType,OSD.isAcceletorOverRange,OSD.isVibrating,OSD.isBarometerDeadInAir,OSD.isMotorBlocked,OSD.isNotEnoughForce,OSD.isPropellerCatapult,OSD.isGoHomeHeightModified,OSD.isOutOfLimit,OSD.gpsNum,OSD.flightAction,OSD.flightAction.RAW,OSD.motorStartFailedCause,OSD.motorStartFailedCause.RAW,OSD.nonGPSCause,OSD.nonGPSCause.RAW,OSD.isQuickSpin,OSD.battery,OSD.sWaveHeight [m],OSD.flyTime

The csv produced from the .txt flight log by the PhantomHelp website contains 183 columns, many of which contain useful data. For my log book program I sample 50+ columns  for data.
I am on the wrong computer, a MacBook,  to check but I think the csv of the .DAT flight log, produced by processing the .DAT with CsvView, contains MANY more columns than that.

2023-6-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ギク | Giku Posted at 6-19 23:45
But anyways i check throughout the drone for any damage, but it seem just fine like before, just need to chage some props

Just incase you are unaware of it, if one blade on a motor is damaged you should replace both blades on that motor, they are supplied in what is probably weight matched pairs and should be fitted as such.
2023-6-20
Use props
gevigil253
lvl.4

El Salvador

lo que yo hago si vuelo dentro de una cueva, una nave industrial, bajo de un arbol, pongo la opcion al momento de perder coneccion vuelo estaconario.

la aplicacion da 3 opciones
RTH
VUELO ESTACIONARIO
ATERRIZAJE

Si queda en vuelo estacionario puedes manipularlo, en las otras 2 opciones aun que lo permita puede ser muy tarde para reaccionar.
2023-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules