Mavic Pro batteries not coming out of hibernation?
268 3 2023-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pixlplague
lvl.1
Flight distance : 166316 ft
Canada

Hi all,

So I have two Mavic Pro intelligent batteries that don't seem to work at all anymore... Long story short I went through a rough house move, and the drone and batteries ended up not being used for a few years. I had expected it to be a while, so I properly stored them (I think) as I presumed that hibernation was an automatic process.

Now I had a come-to-jesus moment when I realized that drone was in it's case still, so I figured I'd get it out to make sure the batteries were good, which they are not...

Neither does ANYTHING. I mean like no LEDs, no reaction, nothing. At first I read that it required a few hours on the charger to get back "online", but it's been 24 hours for one of them and nothing at all happened. Pressing the button does nothing, clearly neither does puting it the drone. I've seen a few voodoo-magic button pressing sequence posts here and there, tried them but nothing worked. (I used the DJI original charger, and made sure it worked by plugging something into the USB as well).

So my question is are these dead dead? Looks like it but I thought hibernation was specifically designed to avoid this so I'm a bit peeved.

Maybe I'm just missing something but it seems to me like it would have woken up after that long... so I'm not holding my breath but that drone had a good few hours of flight left and those batteries are still shockingly expensive!

Thanks
pix

2023-6-18
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Never leave any type or rechargeable battieres for years without use. Always charge and discharge them even if they are not being use to keep them in good working order. Your battieres are dead. Time to get new battieres.
2023-6-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. It seems that the issue with your batteries cannot be troubleshoot remotely. Since the batteries are no longer under warranty, we highly recommend you purchase a new one to fly your unit without any worries. You may click the link below to possibly purchase batteries for your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-18
Use props
pixlplague
lvl.1
Flight distance : 166316 ft
Canada

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 6-18 19:07
Never leave any type or rechargeable battieres for years without use. Always charge and discharge them even if they are not being use to keep them in good working order. Your battieres are dead. Time to get new battieres.

Thanks. Not that I'm surprised but isn't that the whole purpose of hibernation? It's all great to say never let batteries unused but you know, life happens...
2023-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules