Mavic 3T lacks a lot of search and rescue software features
1645 9 2023-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ihmunro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 431437 ft
Canada

The Mavic 3T is the most expensive of the Mavic 3 Enterprise series drones, yet it is the most underperforming from a software perspective.

From what I understand, the Mavic 3T did not need all the features like RAW, plus all the other software options because it was focused on Thermal / Search and Rescue - Well, it falls short of any Search and Rescue package.

I don't think anyone has really thought about how search and rescue is done - if they had, those options would be available to us today, so as usual, we have to come up with a work around.

Will anyone at DJI listen or be open to making some changes ?

2023-6-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, ihmunro. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. After the evaluation of the related department, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-6-19
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

translation :

1.JPG
2023-6-19
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

LOLOLOLOL

2023-6-20
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

So far, that does seems to be going rate...
2023-6-21
Use props
djiuser_NCjMoze6Z8aM
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have the Mavic 3T too, was extremely disappointed when I found out that it doesn't shoot in RAW, considering photo enhancements are extremely crucial for SAR application - also disappointed that a drone that costs 6x the price of a mini has ZERO tracking features
2023-6-30
Use props
djiuser_AU8V6Mty4LPA
lvl.2

United States

Just to add. I have been playing with the camera all day and admit I am new to this model, even though I bought it back in November. Is there a color balance? After 30 minutes I found out there is no white balance available. The problem is grass just looks too green. Upping the EV helps but brings a yellow tint in. Frustrating as I had no problem dialing a mini 2 and mini 3 pro in for what I wanted.

Lack of documentation and videos for the M3T in general is driving me nuts.
2023-7-4
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13381447 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_AU8V6Mty4LPA Posted at 7-4 13:49
Just to add. I have been playing with the camera all day and admit I am new to this model, even though I bought it back in November. Is there a color balance? After 30 minutes I found out there is no white balance available. The problem is grass just looks too green. Upping the EV helps but brings a yellow tint in. Frustrating as I had no problem dialing a mini 2 and mini 3 pro in for what I wanted.

Lack of documentation and videos for the M3T in general is driving me nuts.

There's no white balance control and DJI is well aware of it- Mavic 3 Enterprise - White Balance Stuck on Auto How can you release entry level Mavic Mini's with more camera control than your flagship Enterprise drone? Look at this DJI article from 2017 - 7 camera setting mistakes most beginners make #4 talks about setting your white balance correctly. DJI you should learn from your past write ups!!
2023-7-4
Use props
RadioRoss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1506880 ft
United States

I hope so, Its not fun at all spending what I did for only thermal and up to 40x zoom ... its nice to have... but not worth the money at all yet. But i spent it already so theres that... I would love to be able to Track a side by side or team member so to help them navigate. resolution options, white balance, can i please put the aux landing light on/off to button... shesh
night scene would be super.... because when im looking for someone lost in the dark and the temp is 80F and everything is 80F its impossible to see people.  Naturally. But night scene helps tremedously. its in the rcpro... already mapped to C3 .... but not an option of the 3T. Cant tell you how many times i the 3t couldnt see anything but the 3 could thanks to a tiny bit of moonlight..... its silly
I understand the concept of producint a device that is simple to use out of the box for most people. but I truly believe that a dev or complicated with features version of the m3t would be VERY popular.
Thanks .....
Ross
2023-7-7
Use props
djiuser_RSic2N17ELIT
New

Ireland

I have just purchased the Mavic 3T roof and PV panel inspection and I have been trying to generate a client report with both the thermal and normal images side by side.
Apparently this is not possible with the thermal analysing tool software, you are only able to generate thermal images in report format.
I have been using Flir thermal cameras for 15 years now and you can generate client reports in multiple different formats.
Why is DJI so far behind?
Is there a way that I could reconfigure the DJI image files to work with my Flir software?
4-16 09:39
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules