12Next >
4403 73 2023-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Albion Drones
First Officer
Flight distance : 2747100 ft
United Kingdom

Forecast was dicey for this afternoon, so although we had planned to venture a bit further afield we stayed local and visited the IWM and Salford Quays - with the opportunity for a short drone flight after the museum...

As we arrived it was starting to rain, so we went into the IWM North, definitely somewhere worth a visit, then when we left the museum it had turned a bit sunny, so the chance taken to fly at Media City, the Lowry and IWM, resulting in the video below..

I have a feeling - as the area is not restricted for drone flying - that it will perhaps be somewhere we return again, perhaps in an evening after sunset to capture it illuminated, and hopefully with some light still int he sky...

2023-6-18
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Always surprising how much water there is in cites. Nicely done though I much prefer nature vids.
2023-6-18
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 6-18 20:50
Always surprising how much water there is in cites. Nicely done though I much prefer nature vids.

Yes, I much prefer flying out in nature, but this is very close to home, so worth a visit, and wanted to try filming something diferent to stretch myself a bit... Will be plenty of  nature, ancient monuments, seashores and other things captured next week when we go to Orkney
2023-6-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wow.  I didnt see a city video coming from you.   Made a nice change though
2023-6-19
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-19 00:05
wow.  I didnt see a city video coming from you.   Made a nice change though

Lol, thanks... I am more a country gal at heart, grew up on the edge of the Peak District and loved to be out in nature, but I am not averse to the city, just not too often - I dont do masses of people...

After doing the Colliery recently I thought lets look at other things thhat are outside mty usual comfort zone, and give thecity a try, there are plenty of opportunities in Manchester as it moves into the 21st century... Who says its grim up North nowadays eh?

2023-6-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice work and very different!
2023-6-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's great. But darn!  You beat me to this one. I even had my TOAL spot figured out. You're right it's not a NFZ.   Nice work.
2023-6-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 6-19 00:08
Lol, thanks... I am more a country gal at heart, grew up on the edge of the Peak District and loved to be out in nature, but I am not averse to the city, just not too often - I dont do masses of people...

After doing the Colliery recently I thought lets look at other things thhat are outside mty usual comfort zone, and give thecity a try, there are plenty of opportunities in Manchester as it moves into the 21st century... Who says its grim up North nowadays eh?

Manchester seems to have changed so much since I was last there,    I just hope Liverpool will one day catch up as that doesn't feel like it changed in decades,   except for the reduction in clothes that the ladies wear of course.
2023-6-19
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 6-19 00:49
Nice work and very different!

Thanks, the city is something on my doiestep, so we thought wewould give it a go, no point in travelling too far away when the forecast was for thunder and rain by mid afternoon
2023-6-19
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-19 01:07
That's great. But darn!  You beat me to this one. I even had my TOAL spot figured out. You're right it's not a NFZ.   Nice work.

Lol, thanks.. Let us know when you are comkng to do it, we may be able to meet up...
2023-6-19
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-19 02:57
Manchester seems to have changed so much since I was last there,    I just hope Liverpool will one day catch up as that doesn't feel like it changed in decades,   except for the reduction in clothes that the ladies wear of course.

Its constant construction atm, some photogenic places though, qlmost gog another cityscape,  hut the thugs on bike's put me off flying at the central location... i will be back there though
2023-6-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Albion Drones Posted at 6-19 02:57
Thanks, the city is something on my doiestep, so we thought wewould give it a go, no point in travelling too far away when the forecast was for thunder and rain by mid afternoon

I get it.
Maybe a good opportunity to film some trains?
2023-6-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 6-19 02:58
Lol, thanks.. Let us know when you are comkng to do it, we may be able to meet up...

I'll bear it in mind
You musn't laugh at my feeble handling skills though. I rely heavily on the Mastershots and Quickshots these days.
2023-6-19
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Albion Drones Posted at 6-18 21:50
Yes, I much prefer flying out in nature, but this is very close to home, so worth a visit, and wanted to try filming something diferent to stretch myself a bit... Will be plenty of  nature, ancient monuments, seashores and other things captured next week when we go to Orkney

Hard to beat Orkney - have fun.
2023-6-19
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-19 04:27
I'll bear it in mind
You musn't laugh at my feeble handling skills though. I rely heavily on the Mastershots and Quickshots these days.

Whatever works for the individual is fine by me, technology is there for us to take advantage of, we dont have to be ashamed to use it... I admit I do like the POI option, allows easy and safe work at speed...
2023-6-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Absolutely beautiful urban footage.    Always nice to see you trying something out of your comfort zone.  Turned out really great.
2023-6-19
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-19 12:11
Absolutely beautiful urban footage.    Always nice to see you trying something out of your comfort zone.  Turned out really great.

Thanks... tonight I got some great footage, right up to where I crashed poor Might Midge, 388 ft up!!

Thank the Gods we got DJI Care Refresh, but I dont think it will be back in time for our Orkney trip...
2023-6-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 6-19 15:45
Thanks... tonight I got some great footage, right up to where I crashed poor Might Midge, 388 ft up!!

Thank the Gods we got DJI Care Refresh, but I dont think it will be back in time for our Orkney trip...

Oh no.  Sorry about the crash.  I've only had to use Care Refresh once and found the replacement service to be quite fast.  Hopefully, it will be the same experience for you in the UK.  Would be a shame to not have the drone for the Orkney trip.
2023-6-20
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-20 01:57
Oh no.  Sorry about the crash.  I've only had to use Care Refresh once and found the replacement service to be quite fast.  Hopefully, it will be the same experience for you in the UK.  Would be a shame to not have the drone for the Orkney trip.

Yeah, I was hoping, but Amazon sold me the EUR Care Refresh not the GBP, so it has to be re-registered before I can make the claim, which could take 2 days, so it looks like no drone for Orkney... UNless I can persuade hubby to let me buy a second drone, but I dont think thats going to be possible..
2023-6-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 6-20 02:06
Yeah, I was hoping, but Amazon sold me the EUR Care Refresh not the GBP, so it has to be re-registered before I can make the claim, which could take 2 days, so it looks like no drone for Orkney... UNless I can persuade hubby to let me buy a second drone, but I dont think thats going to be possible..

Oh no, sad to hear that.  I'm sure you'll still enjoy your trip to the Orkney Islands as they is so much to see but would have made for a great drone trip.  

Maybe you can convince hubby to get a new drone so that he can have one to fly with you.  Then just borrow his for the Orkney trip.  
2023-6-20
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-20 02:50
Oh no, sad to hear that.  I'm sure you'll still enjoy your trip to the Orkney Islands as they is so much to see but would have made for a great drone trip.

Yup, I have been twice before, so this was a drone specific visit for me, going to be rather anticlimactic now...
2023-6-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 6-20 02:51
Yup, I have been twice before, so this was a drone specific visit for me, going to be rather anticlimactic now...

Yeah, you definitely need a 2nd drone.  Just got to use your powers of persuasion.  
2023-6-20
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-20 02:52
Yeah, you definitely need a 2nd drone.  Just got to use your powers of persuasion.

They aren't working, he is adamant we cant affor another drone yet, doesnt want to take the CC any higher - the deal was we can look at it once the CC is paid off and I have saved the money, which would be nearer xmas... Now I am looking at all options, even a MINI3 non Pro wold work for the week, but then I would have a spare dorne and wouldnt be able to buy  a larger one later
2023-6-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 6-20 02:55
They aren't working, he is adamant we cant affor another drone yet, doesnt want to take the CC any higher - the deal was we can look at it once the CC is paid off and I have saved the money, which would be nearer xmas... Now I am looking at all options, even a MINI3 non Pro wold work for the week, but then I would have a spare dorne and wouldnt be able to buy  a larger one later

Just a thought but do they rent drones in the UK?
2023-6-20
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-20 03:02
Just a thought but do they rent drones in the UK?

One place does, but only for a period of a few days, so not suitable for a week + trip..

Good thought though...

2023-6-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 6-20 03:18
One place does, but only for a period of a few days, so not suitable for a week + trip..

Good thought though...

I'm out of other ideas.  I'd send you one of my back-ups but with transit time and clearing customs you'd probably not get it before you depart for the Orkneys.  
2023-6-20
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-20 03:23
I'm out of other ideas.  I'd send you one of my back-ups but with transit time and clearing customs you'd probably not get it before you depart for the Orkneys.

Thanks for the offer... 2 of the folks on another forum have offered to lend me their MINI2's, but I am a lot nervous of flying someone else's drone after crashing mine...
2023-6-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 6-20 03:26
Thanks for the offer... 2 of the folks on another forum have offered to lend me their MINI2's, but I am a lot nervous of flying someone else's drone after crashing mine...

I can understand that.  I hate to crash a drone even when it is mine and would feel really bad if it belonged to another person.  

I'm assuming you can't delay your trip so you're stuck in a sad situation.  

2023-6-20
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-20 03:30
I can understand that.  I hate to crash a drone even when it is mine and would feel really bad if it belonged to another person.  

I'm assuming you can't delay your trip so you're stuck in a sad situation.

DJI have just swapped the Care Refresh, and acceppted my Express request, fingers crossed I may have new drone back by Thursday, otherwise I shall have to look at borrowing one...

Thanks for the thoughts and ideas though Downton RDB, it os appreciated...
2023-6-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 6-20 03:53
DJI have just swapped the Care Refresh, and acceppted my Express request, fingers crossed I may have new drone back by Thursday, otherwise I shall have to look at borrowing one...

Thanks for the thoughts and ideas though Downton RDB, it os appreciated...

Ahh, that is a bit of good news.  I'll also keep my fingers crossed for you to get the drone by Thursday.
GL.jpg
2023-6-20
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-20 13:53
Ahh, that is a bit of good news.  I'll also keep my fingers crossed for you to get the drone by Thursday.

Thank you
2023-6-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

You're very welcome.  If time in your busy day permits do let us know if the replacement drone arrives on Thursday.   
2023-6-21
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-21 02:04
You're very welcome.  If time in your busy day permits do let us know if the replacement drone arrives on Thursday.

Don't worry, I shall... DJI have booked the courier, UPS, but no tracking data as yet, fingers crossed it makes a smooth transition from Holland to the UK..

On another note, hubby hinted he may like a drone himself, so we could  buy another MINI3 and then we could both use it on holiday, as a last resort... Also means he gets his own and we cna both fly together and act as spotter for one another..
2023-6-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 6-21 02:07
Don't worry, I shall... DJI have booked the courier, UPS, but no tracking data as yet, fingers crossed it makes a smooth transition from Holland to the UK..

On another note, hubby hinted he may like a drone himself, so we could  buy another MINI3 and then we could both use it on holiday, as a last resort... Also means he gets his own and we cna both fly together and act as spotter for one another..

Having two drones and able to fly/spot together would be ideal.    
2023-6-21
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-21 02:14
Having two drones and able to fly/spot together would be ideal.

Yeah, I know... estimated UPS delivery is tomorrow, so now he is backing off buying a second drone as yet... FFS, wish h would make up his mind...
2023-6-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 6-21 02:46
Yeah, I know... estimated UPS delivery is tomorrow, so now he is backing off buying a second drone as yet... FFS, wish h would make up his mind...

Sounds like he is in a bit of a quandry in making up his mind.  Reminds me of this sign.
MUYM.png
2023-6-21
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Mighty Midge the second has arrived safely, even 10 minutes earlier than the estimated delivery time...

He has been test flown, linked to my DJI account and all is well...

Yay, Scotland tomorrow, Orkney on Saturday and I have my Midgie to try and take some epic footage

Thanks all for holding space, for the encouragement, condolences and everything else, it has been a stressful week, and the forum has helped to make it much less so
2023-6-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats on being featured on the main forum page.
2023-6-28
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-28 05:44
Congrats on being featured on the main forum page.

I am, I was? Wow... cool
2023-6-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 6-28 06:43
I am, I was? Wow... cool

Yes and you still are -

2023-6-28