Flying Mavic air 2 in Japan. Remote ID ?
508 3 2023-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rot105and
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5519229 ft
Latvia

Hi !

I am planning a trip to Japan soon and i can't seem to find info about my drone.
I already registered my drone in Japan, paid the fee and got the registration number, but not sure about the RID
One of the latest firmwares stated that japanese remote id support was added, but i don't see any info about RID in the DJI fly app menus.
I found a list in japanese which shows that MA2 has got RID, but other lists don't include MA2.
I am a bit unsure should i just go to Japan and fly it or should i get a module for it?
Anyway what did the japanese RID support firmware mean ?

Most of the info i can find about RID is for the states, but nothing much about Japan

2023-6-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, after firmware v01.01.09.20, Mavic Air 2 has added support for Japanese RID requirements. When the aircraft is brought to Japan, the RID function will be activated automatically after the aircraft is positioned outdoors in Japan.
2023-6-20
Use props
Rot105and
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5519229 ft
Latvia

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-20 02:04
Hi there, after firmware v01.01.09.20, Mavic Air 2 has added support for Japanese RID requirements. When the aircraft is brought to Japan, the RID function will be activated automatically after the aircraft is positioned outdoors in Japan.

Thank you for making it clear !
2023-6-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Rot105and Posted at 6-20 04:22
Thank you for making it clear !

You're welcome, Rot105and. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.
2023-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules