975 7 2023-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jbvid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4698 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

Is the DJI Mini 3 pro with its built in controller screen very good in bright conditions? ATM I have a Mini 2 with basic controller with a good Galaxy s7 edge phone with brightness turned up but still really struggling to see any detail or even where I am when in the air,  I have tried a screen shield.
Its such a fantastic Drone and the recorded footage is excellent but I have to guess what is being recorded. Any help or advice appreciated.

Regards jbvid

2023-6-20
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Are you thinking of just buy the DJI RC and to use it with the Mini 2?

Reasom why I'm asking is because I don't think the Mini 2 will work with the DJI RC, but I'm not sure...

2023-6-20
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

the RC is surely bright but in bight afternoon sun it still looks faded & difficult to see what you are shooting.
If you Dcinelike then you are almost blind in sunlight & just have to guess what you are shooting.

If you understand how light works then only solution in bright sun is to use dark black umbrella over your head & wear dark cloths so you don't get reflected in the RC screen.
Ideally a black velvet sun hood covered from 3 sides should do the work too.
2023-6-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its 700 nits and doesn't dim like a phone seems to do,  iPhones are particularly bad for dimming.    In bright conditions it really needs a shade,  I use the sunny life one.    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354744797227
2023-6-20
Use props
jbvid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4698 ft
United Kingdom

@ Burt 37, yes thanks I did read they are not compatible with the Mini 2.

@Ranjan , Thanks for the tips

@DAFlys, Thanks, think I will upgrade to the Mini 3 Pro, May be look at buying separates, Mini 3 Pro drone only pack, with a used RC Controller.
The link to the Sunnylife looks a good buy, Thanks again to all for the tips.
Regards jbvid
2023-6-20
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-20 04:41
Its 700 nits and doesn't dim like a phone seems to do,  iPhones are particularly bad for dimming.    In bright conditions it really needs a shade,  I use the sunny life one.    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354744797227

Thanks for the shade info, ordered one. "Cheap as chips"
2023-6-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 6-21 07:42
Thanks for the shade info, ordered one. "Cheap as chips"

No probs,      Ive had one installed for a while now.   they are not the best feeling when opening due to the quality of the plastic hinge but it's held up perfect.  
2023-6-21
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459954 ft
United States

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 6-21 07:42
Thanks for the shade info, ordered one. "Cheap as chips"

Supposedly the RC2 is going to be released in about a week or so.  There aren't any specs on it yet as far as nits.  Might be the same nits as RC.  Not sure.  Also not sure about compatibility.   They are also going to release an RC-N2.
2023-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules