Wishlist for software features in future firmware Updates
948 11 2023-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rstewartb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 841276 ft
United Kingdom

Having used my M3T for a few exploratory searches and wildlife surveys I thought I would post my current wish list for features in DJI Pilot 2.  Administrators please pass this on to the developers of future updates (firmware up to date as at 19 June 2023).  Apologies if there is already a process or thread for this elsewhere.  If so, grateful to be directed to it.  I would like to see the following:

1        Pinpoints saved when RC Pro Enterprise switched off.
2        Pinpoints exportable as shapefile and csv file as well as kml.
3        Pinpoints importable as kml, shapefile or csv file.
4        Save Raw images (and raw and jpg) option on all cameras.
5        Option to save profiles for RTK custom options to enable switching between ntrip sources.
6        Smart tracking features (at least spotlight equivalent).

My priority would be the last three.  Comments and additions welcome.
2023-6-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, rstewartb. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. After the evaluation of the related department, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-6-20
Use props
djiuser_NCjMoze6Z8aM
lvl.1

United Kingdom

+1 for RAW and tracking
2023-6-30
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13424032 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-20 20:49
Hi, rstewartb. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. After the evaluation of the related department, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.

These overused, canned responses by admins like this mean absolutely nothing. How are we supposed to believe anything is actually getting forwarded to "our related department" when nothing suggested is ever actually developed? Take this post for example.. OP has 6 great suggestions that are relatively easy to implement. You say they'll be forwarded to this imaginary dev team. Then a week later a new firmware is released that doesn't include a single request from this list.

So that only leaves 2 possibilities going on here..

A. You're lying and nothing is getting forwarded anywhere.
or
B. This related department couldn't care less about what your customers are asking for.
So which one is it?
2023-6-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 6-30 20:42
These overused, canned responses by admins like this mean absolutely nothing. How are we supposed to believe anything is actually getting forwarded to "our related department" when nothing suggested is ever actually developed? Take this post for example.. OP has 6 great suggestions that are relatively easy to implement. You say they'll be forwarded to this imaginary dev team. Then a week later a new firmware is released that doesn't include a single request from this list.

So that only leaves 2 possibilities going on here..

Hi, Johnnokomis. Yes, we forward every suggestions that is being suggested by the customers but that doesn't mean that it will be implemented automatically. Please understand that everything needs to be evaluated and there's a possibility that not all the requests will be implemented and some might take time. One example of the suggestion that has been implemented was the compatibility of goggles with some of the consumer drones.
2023-7-4
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-4 06:44
Hi, Johnnokomis. Yes, we forward every suggestions that is being suggested by the customers but that doesn't mean that it will be implemented automatically. Please understand that everything needs to be evaluated and there's a possibility that not all the requests will be implemented and some might take time. One example of the suggestion that has been implemented was the compatibility of goggles with some of the consumer drones.

I like how you slid that goggles compatibility added feature in there. Too bad that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. The M3E/M3T doesn't support any of your goggles and likely never will. Some of what OP is suggesting isn't even added features. Like #1: Don't delete my pinpoints every time the RC is rebooted. This isn't a feature request, this is a software bug that has been reported on for months with no fix in sight. 4 months of firmware development and all that came of it was "optimizing Pilot 2 prompts".  DJI didn't even bother to update the DJI Mavic 3E/3T Known Issues List with this latest firmware update. Which means nothing has been fixed from the last known issue list.
2023-7-4
Use props
rstewartb
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I note that point 1 above has been addressed in the latest firmware upgrade - thanks.
2023-9-6
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

rstewartb Posted at 9-6 08:21
I note that point 1 above has been addressed in the latest firmware upgrade - thanks.

I haven't had a chance to try it myself but it looks like #5 is also a new feature.
2023-9-6
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

Pretty sure the ‘real’ answer is unfortunately DJI Pilot 2 is incapable of these features without extensive reprogramming, if you haven’t noticed. I believe this is why there is & won’t be progress in those areas.
2023-9-6
Use props
rstewartb
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Johnnokomis Posted at 9-6 10:30
I haven't had a chance to try it myself but it looks like #5 is also a new feature.

Thanks. I will have a look
2023-9-6
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 9-6 13:19
Pretty sure the ‘real’ answer is unfortunately DJI Pilot 2 is incapable of these features without extensive reprogramming, if you haven’t noticed. I believe this is why there is & won’t be progress in those areas.

You're right but subject tracking has been available on the M30 and M300 platforms for some time now. The term "active_track" can be found inside the M3E's APK several times. Yet it's still not been developed.  "smart_track" is found 38 times.
"aeb" is found 19 times.
"goggles" 14 times.
"video_frame_rate_XX" has 10 different values listed from 24 all the way to 240. Yet we still only have 1 we can use.

All these features have obviously been worked on by DJI but for some reason have been kept from us.
2023-9-6
Use props
rstewartb
lvl.3
United Kingdom

rstewartb Posted at 9-6 14:18
Thanks. I will have a look

There are now 5 'configurations' for RTK custom settings, visible when the rtk module is fitted.  My current settings were automatically applied in configuration 1 and RTK works as expected.
2023-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules