Battery bad?
1152 18 2015-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tapboxer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

One of my P2V+ batterys has an error according to the chart, I have red lights flashing and the motors won't turn over. I no longer have a camera on it, so not sure If I could see any details if I did. Is there a way to reset this battery or do something to bring it back to life. Its fully charged according to the lights. When I hold down the button for more then 5 seconds all the light come on, but they don't stay on like the other two do, when I do the same... is this battery toast?
thanks
2015-8-27
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
United States

never-mind holding down that button for 5 seconds most do a reset too, its working again!
2015-8-27
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Good to hear
2015-8-27
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
United States

I spoke too soon...  i got it to work once, so i ran it down all they way until it would not run any more. I fully charged it, but its now doing the same thing... red lights (error) I tried holding done the button for a long time, but this time it not doing the trick... When I turn it on, it goes through it self test, flashes the Naza M colors, then red light turn solid.

any suggestions?

thanks
2015-8-28
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

Does it work ok with another  battery?
2015-8-28
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Good question Roy.

Check that and let us know Tap Boxer
2015-8-28
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-8-28 17:19
Does it work ok with another  battery?

yes i have 3 batteries,  it only this one battery
2015-8-29
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
United States

Is it a goner?
2015-8-29
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
United States

yes i have 3 batteries,  it only this one battery
2015-8-29
Use props
yorlik
lvl.3

United States

yes.  there is NO reset button.
2015-8-30
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
United States

yorlik Posted at 2015-8-30 08:17
yes.  there is NO reset button.

big sad face....    thank you
2015-8-30
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
United States

i got it to work again, playing around with it... this time I plugged into he computer to see whats what.... he is what its showing anyone tell me anything? Screen Shot 2015-08-30 at 10.55.03 AM.png
2015-8-30
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
United States

what i did this time, i turned the battery on out of the PH2 it stayed on for about 10 minutes, then it shut off. I did that two more times. Then I plugged into charger but it didn't light up until I turned it back on, it started charging, it was at the end where all the lights are flashing on, that lasted for about 10 minutes, then it shut off.
I put it back into the PH and I got the error all red light steady. I then shut off the RC and the lights charge to yellow, which it does when you have no RC connected, then I turn back in the RC and this time, it started flashing as it does for Naza M mode and the next thing it's picking up GPS with green light flashing... I then plugged it into the computer to take that snapshot above. I took it out and flow around for about 3-5 minutes, until the 4th light started flashing. I shut her down and turned her on, its still working... I'm so confused, I know its not going to last... i think...

When I plugged it into the computer when it had the error, everything was 0 and it was stating that the battery was a Non DJI intelligent battery...

so strange... anyone have any ideas?
2015-8-30
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
United States

please don't give up on me yet, DJI Dave
2015-8-30
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

tapboxer@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-30 08:19
please don't give up on me yet, DJI Dave

Nope I will not. I am here.
About questions getting lost in threads or slow response time. This happens often. One thing to do to prevent this is quote the person you are asking the question of. That way that person will get a remind notice in their home page and at the top menu bar. Please keep in mind that that does not work all the time also!  The website needs to be improved some. I am in so many forums and so many threads that I miss questions all the time. It is impossible for me to go back and check on every thread I have posted in.But I always check my Reminds.

You did this and I saw my remind, thanks.
2015-8-30
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

tapboxer@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-30 08:18
what i did this time, i turned the battery on out of the PH2 it stayed on for about 10 minutes, then ...

I would try flying it at low level a couple of times.

But there is a small risk, it is up to you. Sounds like your battery is ok now, but I am not sure. I am not sure what is going on with your battery...

Sorry, wish I had more for you.
Dave
2015-8-30
Use props
yorlik
lvl.3

United States

there is one scenario that appears to match all your facts:

YOUR TWO SMALL BATTERY PINS ARE DIRTY.

I would clean those pins right away.  search this forum for preferred cleaning methods.
2015-8-30
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-8-30 18:50
I would try flying it at low level a couple of times.

But there is a small risk, it is up to you ...

thanks Dave... I did fly it down to the last light when it starts flashing red, waited for it to cool and recharged it. I put her back in and it worked... very strange.. I'm wondering if because this battery sat for a  long time when I had the P2 in for repairs. Even though the other two sat just as long, this may have been the battery that was in it when I had a big crash and i lost GPS and needed service.

in any event, it's working once again thank you!
2015-8-31
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
United States

yorlik Posted at 2015-8-30 19:07
there is one scenario that appears to match all your facts:

YOUR TWO SMALL BATTERY PINS ARE DIRTY.

You might be right here, I just so happen to clean those two connect (because i could get at them easy) after I read something about keeping them clean.

thank you!
2015-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules