Can't connect Comica Vimo C3 Lav mic.
1397 9 2023-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Fs4PMdGMFFYw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2327185 ft
United Kingdom

Can i have some advice. I have just purchased the Action 2 but i cant connect my Comica Vimo C3.

When i plug it in via USBC no mic icon apperas. Ive seen its compatible with the Rode wireless Go mics with a straight USCBC to USBC cable.

Ive tried a few adapters but im not getting anywhere.

Any advice please
2023-6-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_Fs4PMdGMFFYw. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm which type of connection are you using? Please see image below as reference:
2023-6-22
Use props
djiuser_Fs4PMdGMFFYw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2327185 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you for your swift response.  I've worked it out I have used a cable with a trs connection one end of the cable and trrs. So I have resolved the issue. But thank you all the same
2023-6-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_Fs4PMdGMFFYw Posted at 6-22 10:16
Thank you for your swift response.  I've worked it out I have used a cable with a trs connection one end of the cable and trrs. So I have resolved the issue. But thank you all the same

Hi there. We're glad that you managed to isolate the issue that you experienced. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-6-29
Use props
Bersecti
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-6-22 07:08
Hi, djiuser_Fs4PMdGMFFYw. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm which type of connection are you using? Please see image below as reference:
[view_image]

I am trying to record audio from the same Comica C3 onto my RC2. Can I assume from this diagram that I HAVE to use the TRS OUT jack on the Comica receiver? I have been trying to use a USB c to USB c cable.

Also the only testing to check whether the audio track is going onto the screen recording is by unplugging the mic and then replaying it on the screen of the RC2 because I saw a YouTuber do this. Do I need to transfer the file onto an iPad or the like first or should the audio play successfully thru the speaker on my RC2?
4-3 20:34
Use props
Bersecti
lvl.2
Australia

Bersecti Posted at 4-3 20:34
I am trying to record audio from the same Comica C3 onto my RC2. Can I assume from this diagram that I HAVE to use the TRS OUT jack on the Comica receiver? I have been trying to use a USB c to USB c cable.

Also the only testing to check whether the audio track is going onto the screen recording is by unplugging the mic and then replaying it on the screen of the RC2 because I saw a YouTuber do this. Do I need to transfer the file onto an iPad or the like first or should the audio play successfully thru the speaker on my RC2?

Also must I use the TRS to TRRS cable and then into a TRRS to USBC adaptor. I have only tried the TRS to TRS cable that came with my Comica unit as I can’t find the TRRS one right now
4-3 20:37
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bersecti Posted at 4-3 20:34
I am trying to record audio from the same Comica C3 onto my RC2. Can I assume from this diagram that I HAVE to use the TRS OUT jack on the Comica receiver? I have been trying to use a USB c to USB c cable.

Also the only testing to check whether the audio track is going onto the screen recording is by unplugging the mic and then replaying it on the screen of the RC2 because I saw a YouTuber do this. Do I need to transfer the file onto an iPad or the like first or should the audio play successfully thru the speaker on my RC2?

Hi, Bersecti. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you're trying to record audio from the RC 2 (with Comica C3) while flying the drone or during screen recording?
4-4 03:45
Use props
Bersecti
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-4 03:45
Hi, Bersecti. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you're trying to record audio from the RC 2 (with Comica C3) while flying the drone or during screen recording?

I am just on the ground not even connected to the drone but the end goal is to take the audio from the screen recording and include it on the 4K drone footage in post but I’m still experimenting.

So far I have just hit screen record on the RC with the C3 receiver plugged into the USB C port on it without the drone even powered on.  Then i just change to the Settings screen or the Profile tab and talk away into the C3 transmitter/mic.  I can see the audio levels changing on the receiver so I assume the C3 is working fine.

C3 receiver has both the usbC output on one side and a 3.5mm audio out jack on the other. I assumed it would be good to go with usbC cable direct the same as the DJI mic but using a cable instead of the cool little fixed usbC adaptor the DJI one comes with.  So far i can’t hear audio on play back whether i use the usbC cable only or the 3.5mm TRS to TRS cable and also the TRRS to TRS cable in conjunction with the 3.5mm to usbC monitor adaptor in the pic.

Bear in mind i am only assuming there is no audio because i can’t hear it on play back on the RC2 speaker. I have not tried transferring the card to a card reader but that MIGHT lead to problems along the lines of my other question.  I will then have Android files on that card I am trying to open, watch and listen to on my IPad Pro running ipad OS 17.4.1

4-4 16:54
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bersecti Posted at 4-4 16:54
I am just on the ground not even connected to the drone but the end goal is to take the audio from the screen recording and include it on the 4K drone footage in post but I’m still experimenting.

So far I have just hit screen record on the RC with the C3 receiver plugged into the USB C port on it without the drone even powered on.  Then i just change to the Settings screen or the Profile tab and talk away into the C3 transmitter/mic.  I can see the audio levels changing on the receiver so I assume the C3 is working fine.

Hi, Bersecti. Please check my DM regarding the topic we discussed. Thank you.
4-7 23:27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bersecti Posted at 4-4 16:54
I am just on the ground not even connected to the drone but the end goal is to take the audio from the screen recording and include it on the 4K drone footage in post but I’m still experimenting.

So far I have just hit screen record on the RC with the C3 receiver plugged into the USB C port on it without the drone even powered on.  Then i just change to the Settings screen or the Profile tab and talk away into the C3 transmitter/mic.  I can see the audio levels changing on the receiver so I assume the C3 is working fine.

Hi, Bersecti. Please check my update via DM regarding the topic we discussed. Thank you.
4-11 22:05
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules