Bunch of error codes Air 2
1943 15 2023-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_wsIQg6hkZH0e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13205102 ft
United States

Was flying my air 2 couple weeks ago on a mountain, got a cold warning and ended up flying back. Weeks past and I needed to use my air 2. When turning it on I realized my camera would stay locked in the front facing position, and then I realized all the codes. 40012, 30045, 3047, 30050, 30049, 30007, 30055. I tried recalibration my IMU but I wasn't even able to tap on the Calibration tab in the app.
I heard giving the Drone acouple good slaps on top of the Drone might help, so I did that.
With no luck, I even placed my drone in a freezer for acouple mins to hopefully help with the extreme temp change since my last flight.
I updated and refreshed all the software view the assistant.
I replaced the GPS board, because I noticed some weird discoloration on the GPS chip, that I ended up finding out is normal.
So I replaced the IMU board.
Nothing I have done has helped.
I've had the Air 2 for almost 3 years now and I haven't had a problem or crash, I always took the best care possible with it.
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated

Screenshot_20230615-185810.jpg
2023-6-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_wsIQg6hkZH0e. Thank you for reaching out. Since the drone is getting multiple errors and none of the troubleshooting steps you did worked, in this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis.  You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2023-6-20
Use props
djiuser_wsIQg6hkZH0e
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-20 19:12
Hi, djiuser_wsIQg6hkZH0e. Thank you for reaching out. Since the drone is getting multiple errors and none of the troubleshooting steps you did worked, in this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis.  You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.

Whats the possibility id able to get warrenty work done after not having the care package after my first year of ownership? Juat asking because i feel like this will end up costing me about $250, this doesnt seem like a quick and easy fix, think this is a serious issue.
Cheers
2023-6-21
Use props
wa.jesse07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4686545 ft
United States

djiuser_wsIQg6hkZH0e Posted at 6-21 04:49
Whats the possibility id able to get warrenty work done after not having the care package after my first year of ownership? Juat asking because i feel like this will end up costing me about $250, this doesnt seem like a quick and easy fix, think this is a serious issue.
Cheers

The warranty is way beyond your reach since it has been 3 years and you have repaired it yourself.
2023-6-21
Use props
djiuser_wsIQg6hkZH0e
lvl.1
United States

Whats the ball park price I'm looking at to get this fixed via DJI?
2023-6-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_wsIQg6hkZH0e Posted at 6-21 04:49
Cheers

Hi, djiuser_wsIQg6hkZH0e. The warranty for some parts of the drone will last for a year on the day you activated it. If it is more than a year and you don't have DJI Care Refresh, it is more likely to be an out-of-warranty repair. You may still send it if you want for you to get quoted and if you don't want to proceed then they can ship it back to you without any repair done.
2023-6-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_wsIQg6hkZH0e Posted at 6-24 06:59
Whats the ball park price I'm looking at to get this fixed via DJI?

It depends on the damage assessment. Please send the unit if you would like to know how much it will cost.
2023-6-26
Use props
fans2a6d83a5
New

United States

What was the outcome? My air2s has the exact same issues, last flight was flawless.
2023-7-26
Use props
djiuser_uVeVWYtyygJ6
New

New Zealand

Hey man,did you find out what happened? Got any ballpark figure on repairs? My unit is giving the exact same issue. Same errors.
Please do reply
2023-10-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_uVeVWYtyygJ6 Posted at 10-22 03:57
Hey man,did you find out what happened? Got any ballpark figure on repairs? My unit is giving the exact same issue. Same errors.
Please do reply

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. You can check the list for each drone part's prices from this link https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry?lang=en to get an idea. The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Have a great day.
2023-10-22
Use props
djiuser_LxetAX2ugtbF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18110 ft
United States

I’m having the same issues! DJI, this has to be something that is a problem that you should fix since it is a defect happening to others. I spent $1000 on this drone. Very disappointed.
2023-11-6
Use props
djiuser_LxetAX2ugtbF
lvl.1
United States

I really hope I get a response from DJI on this.  It seems many Air 2 owners are having this problem. It must be a firmware issue as how could all of our drones just break on the same thing.  I hope DJI responds and gets a fix for this.
2023-11-6
Use props
djiuser_wsIQg6hkZH0e
lvl.1
United States

I ended up sending my drone to get work done on it. They replaced the IMU and it solved my problem... guess the replacement IMU i orderd was faulty, my luck... Hope this helps anyone who is having the problem i had. Had to pay $120 with the part/Labor
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_LxetAX2ugtbF Posted at 11-6 18:13
I really hope I get a response from DJI on this.  It seems many Air 2 owners are having this problem. It must be a firmware issue as how could all of our drones just break on the same thing.  I hope DJI responds and gets a fix for this.

Hello there. Is it the same exact error? Have your drone ever experienced collisions or hard landings?
2023-11-6
Use props
JasonFawks
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-6 20:30
Hello there. Is it the same exact error? Have your drone ever experienced collisions or hard landings?

Never collision or hard landings. Flew perfect and then just started this.
2023-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JasonFawks Posted at 11-7 14:20
Never collision or hard landings. Flew perfect and then just started this.

Hi, Jason. I replied to you on this thread. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D2. Have a great day.
2023-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules