Cruise control on Mavic 3 Classic
3505 12 2023-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansebc1ce0e
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi,
Recently taken delivery of a Mavic 3 Classic, it looks awesome. There are two things that I can't get to work and would appreciate some advice. Cruise control has been assigned to C1 (although the problem is the same with C2). When I try to use it I get a prompt on the RC to push the stick before activating cruise. This I do but as soon as I release the stick, having activated cruise, the dron just stops an hovers.

POI and Active Track work fine but I can'T get Spotlight to work.

I'm obviously doing something wrong, but what?

Grateful for your advice.

Ron
2023-6-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. To enter the Cruise Control after setting the C1 or C2 button, please do the following:

1. Push the control stick in any direction, and press the Cruise Control button simultaneously. According to the control stick input, the aircraft will fly at the current speed.

2. Before the control stick returns to the center, press the Cruise Control button again, and the aircraft will reset the flight speed based on the current control stick input.

3. Push the control stick after it returns to the center, and the aircraft will fly at the increased speed based on the previous speed. In this case, press the Cruise Control button again, and the aircraft will fly at the increased speed.

Notes:

1. Cruise Control is available in Normal, Cine, and Sport mode, and the function can be enabled in APAS, Free Hyperlapse, and Spotlight (FocusTrack).
2. Cruise Control cannot be started without a control stick input.
3. Cruise Control cannot be started or will exit automatically when near the Max Altitude or Max Distance.
4. Cruise Control cannot be started or will exit automatically when the aircraft disconnects from the remote controller or DJI Fly.
5. Cruise Control cannot be started or will exit automatically after the aircraft senses an obstacle and will hover in place.
6.  During RTH or auto landing, the aircraft cannot enter or will automatically exit Cruise Control.
7.  Cruise Control will exit automatically when switching between flight modes.
8. The obstacle avoidance in Cruise Control follows the current flight mode. Fly with caution.
9. Cruise Control cannot be started or will exit automatically when the aircraft is approaching to a GEO zone.
10. Cruise Control supports more control stick movements such as ascending the aircraft when flying forward or ascending/descending the aircraft when flying around an object, etc.). If the Cruise Control button is pressed, the current control stick input of the remote controller is locked, and the aircraft can maintain the flight along with the current flight path.
11. When entering cruise control, only the reverse stick movement in the forward direction responds, and the aircraft will move at a lower speed. (For example: If the aircraft flies leftward, moving the stick rightward represents a reverse stick movement. If the aircraft flies forward, moving the stick backward also represents a reverse stick movement.) When other sticks are moved, the aircraft will not respond, and it will not exit cruise control mode.
2023-6-22
Use props
djiuser_XTYzLVCVeYbX
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-22 02:53
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. To enter the Cruise Control after setting the C1 or C2 button, please do the following:

1. Push the control stick in any direction, and press the Cruise Control button simultaneously. According to the control stick input, the aircraft will fly at the current speed.

Hi DJI Paladin, I also have the Mavic 3 Classic.  I have the latest firmware and have never been able to use cruise control.  I have it assigned to C2. I followed your post exactly.  No matter what stick input I use, I always get the same error message to push the control stick before enabling cruise control.  I am pushing the control stick and even tried carefully flying at a nice steady speed forward and simultaneously pushing C2.  It still gives me the error message.  What could be the issue?
2023-11-1
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Do you have C2 mapped for Cruise Control?
2023-11-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_XTYzLVCVeYbX Posted at 11-1 06:24
Hi DJI Paladin, I also have the Mavic 3 Classic.  I have the latest firmware and have never been able to use cruise control.  I have it assigned to C2. I followed your post exactly.  No matter what stick input I use, I always get the same error message to push the control stick before enabling cruise control.  I am pushing the control stick and even tried carefully flying at a nice steady speed forward and simultaneously pushing C2.  It still gives me the error message.  What could be the issue?

Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble. Are you using a DJI RC controller or a regular controller with a mobile device on it? Please make sure to set the C2 or mapped for cruise control as also mentioned by Mobilehomer above. Please refer to the below steps:

1. Go to Button Customization to set the function of “Tap” or “Double-tap” to Cruise Control.
2.  Go into “Hyperlapse”, and enable “Free” to start shooting.
3.  Push forward the control stick randomly, and press the Customizable button while maintaining the control stick input to enter Cruise Control.

How can I enable Cruise Control?

1. Make sure your app version can support this function.
2. Make sure you have set the Customizable button to Cruise Control.
3. Make sure you go into Hyperlapse, and shoot in Free mode. If you do not enter shooting mode, you may fail to enable this function.
4. Press the Customizable button while maintaining the control stick input.
2023-11-3
Use props
djiuser_5HEaDrqJRpC7
lvl.2
United States

ME TOO. did you figure it out.  . I am so frustrated. When I set my speed and push my C1 button, which I have programmed for cruise it only engages half the time. I cannot figure out why. It seems very 101.  You set you input speed going forward and then press the button. Is there something other I am missing. Like is there a certain height or any circumstances that would keep it from engaging.  I am thinking my controller has a problem.
3-4 16:38
Use props
djiuser_5HEaDrqJRpC7
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-11-3 01:50
Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble. Are you using a DJI RC controller or a regular controller with a mobile device on it? Please make sure to set the C2 or mapped for cruise control as also mentioned by Mobilehomer above. Please refer to the below steps:

1. Go to Button Customization to set the function of “Tap” or “Double-tap” to Cruise Control.

I am having this problem myself. I see you post about hyper lapse setting. Is that even when shooting just regular video. I'm not shooting hyper lapse
3-4 16:42
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_5HEaDrqJRpC7 Posted at 3-4 16:42
I am having this problem myself. I see you post about hyper lapse setting. Is that even when shooting just regular video. I'm not shooting hyper lapse

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you confirm what specific DJI drone are you referring to? Also, please provide us a short video or screen recording showing the issue so we can check it further. Please keep us posted.
3-6 23:18
Use props
djiuser_5HEaDrqJRpC7
lvl.2
United States

I'm  am bumming out about cruise control on my Mavic 3 Classic with the RC controller.  When ever I press C2 to start the cruise it only works half the time. I've also tried cruise on c1, so i t's not the buttons.  I've been working on figuring this out for sometime now. I called DJI twice. I have the list of 11 things about how the cruise control works and when it stops and for what reasons. The only thing in that list of 11 things (on the DJI forms from the administrator) that would affect me would be obstacle avoidance and I've turned that off for my testing. Someties it engages and sometimes not 50/50 at best. More not. I've tried a 100 times to figure it out.   Can you think of anything?  Does it always work well and right for you?  Have you experienced this problem at all?  I'm getting ready to send the whole thing back under refresh, but that's the last thing I want to do. I keep thinking it's something I am doing but I am doing it right I think.  Please advise.
3-7 03:03
Use props
djiuser_5HEaDrqJRpC7
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-11-3 01:50
Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble. Are you using a DJI RC controller or a regular controller with a mobile device on it? Please make sure to set the C2 or mapped for cruise control as also mentioned by Mobilehomer above. Please refer to the below steps:

Shawn, I'm  am bumming out about cruise control on my Mavic 3 Classic with the RC controller.  When ever I press C2 to start the cruise it only works half the time. I've also tried cruise on c1, so it's not the buttons.  I've been working on figuring this out for sometime now. I called DJI twice. I have the list of 11 things about how the cruise control works and when it stops and for what reasons. The only thing in that list of 11 things (on the DJI forms from the administrator) that would affect me would be obstacle avoidance and I've turned that off for my testing. Sometimes it engages and sometimes not 50/50 at best. More not. I've tried a 100 times to figure it out.   Can you think of anything?  Does it always work well and right for you?  Have you experienced this problem at all?  I'm getting ready to send the whole thing back under refresh, but that's the last thing I want to do. I keep thinking it's something I am doing but I am doing it right I think.  Please advise.
3-7 03:05
Use props
djiuser_5HEaDrqJRpC7
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_5HEaDrqJRpC7 Posted at 3-7 03:05
Shawn, I'm  am bumming out about cruise control on my Mavic 3 Classic with the RC controller.  When ever I press C2 to start the cruise it only works half the time. I've also tried cruise on c1, so it's not the buttons.  I've been working on figuring this out for sometime now. I called DJI twice. I have the list of 11 things about how the cruise control works and when it stops and for what reasons. The only thing in that list of 11 things (on the DJI forms from the administrator) that would affect me would be obstacle avoidance and I've turned that off for my testing. Sometimes it engages and sometimes not 50/50 at best. More not. I've tried a 100 times to figure it out.   Can you think of anything?  Does it always work well and right for you?  Have you experienced this problem at all?  I'm getting ready to send the whole thing back under refresh, but that's the last thing I want to do. I keep thinking it's something I am doing but I am doing it right I think.  Please advise.

I am using the RC controller.
3-7 03:10
Use props
fansebc1ce0e
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I can understand your frustration! I had very similar problems with cruise control and couldn’t get it to work a lot of the time - it went back to DJI for checking - twice. On both occasions they assured me that nothing was wrong and even sent a video of it working. In the end it’s what in the military we used to call ‘finger trouble’. I eventually found the sweet spot by trial and error. If I pressed the C2 button for two long it wouldn’t work, a short sharp press and then releasing the stick made it work perfectly. Don’t give up, cruise control is great. Just try a very quick press (don’t hold it) and see what happens. Release the stick as soon as you’ve pressed, not before  and don’t delay. It worked for me after months of trying! Good luck.
3-7 03:19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_5HEaDrqJRpC7 Posted at 3-7 03:05
Shawn, I'm  am bumming out about cruise control on my Mavic 3 Classic with the RC controller.  When ever I press C2 to start the cruise it only works half the time. I've also tried cruise on c1, so it's not the buttons.  I've been working on figuring this out for sometime now. I called DJI twice. I have the list of 11 things about how the cruise control works and when it stops and for what reasons. The only thing in that list of 11 things (on the DJI forms from the administrator) that would affect me would be obstacle avoidance and I've turned that off for my testing. Sometimes it engages and sometimes not 50/50 at best. More not. I've tried a 100 times to figure it out.   Can you think of anything?  Does it always work well and right for you?  Have you experienced this problem at all?  I'm getting ready to send the whole thing back under refresh, but that's the last thing I want to do. I keep thinking it's something I am doing but I am doing it right I think.  Please advise.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble that this has caused. Please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware of both the drone and the controller and have a test flight to see if the issue persists. If you already followed the steps and the troubleshooting I posted above on this post, but still the issue persists. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for proper diagnostics. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index. The warranty can be applied depending on the result of the assessment including the warranty period of the unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
3-9 00:29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules