Question
292 17 2023-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Best.JPEG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2628530 ft
United States

I have lost my drone in the ocean, and DJI care refreshes sent me a new one. Do I have to unbind the old one to bind to the new one? Thanks!
2023-6-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried binding the new one?
2023-6-22
Use props
Best.JPEG
lvl.3
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-22 20:36
Have you tried binding the new one?

No, I have not
2023-6-22
Use props
Best.JPEG
lvl.3
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-22 20:36
Have you tried binding the new one?

I was just wondering cuz I don't wanna have a free drone lying somewhere out there
2023-6-22
Use props
Best.JPEG
lvl.3
United States

Best.JPEG Posted at 6-22 20:37
I was just wondering cuz I don't wanna have a free drone lying somewhere out there

But since it was filed as a flyaway, it won't be flyable anymore, even unbinded correct?
2023-6-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Best.JPEG Posted at 6-22 20:37

Believe me, if it's in the ocean then it's of no use to anyone, the salt water will be happily dissolving the light metals used in many places.
I bought, for the plastics,  a drone that spent a week in the sea but I was gobsmacked at the corrosion on the circuit boards. The metal frame that carries the rear sensors literally no longer existed, it was mush.
No one will be flying your drone again even if it washes up on the shoreline..
2023-6-22
Use props
Best.JPEG
lvl.3
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-22 20:44
Believe me, if it's in the ocean then it's of no use to anyone, the salt water will be happily dissolving the light metals used in many places.
I bought, for the plastics,  an M2P that spent a week in the sea but I was gobsmacked at the corrosion on the circuit boards. The metal frame that carries the rear sensors literally no longer existed, it was mush.
No one will be flying your drone again even if it washes up on the shoreline..

Thanks for your input! But, if they find it, they will enjoy the sd card I guess.
2023-6-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Best.JPEG Posted at 6-22 20:49
Thanks for your input! But, if they find it, they will enjoy the sd card I guess.

Yes there is a fair chance of that, I actually extracted the card from the drone, it was stuck - jammed in with sediment/mud, the card was readable and I sent it back to the owner.
2023-6-22
Use props
Best.JPEG
lvl.3
United States

I am never gonna fly through arches over water again.
2023-6-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh I don't know lol, depends on the size of the arch and the length of its 'tunnel', I've looked at certainly one and possibly two but not had the guts to try. I fear two things, loss of connection and loss of GPS. It's certainly going to be risky.
You should have a look at some of Alex Markov's cave videos with an Avata on MavicPilots. I'd love to know how the heck he pulls those off.
2023-6-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Arches probably wouldnt be an issue, try this, a low concrete bridge over a 4ft field ditch, (not really a bridge but what can ya call it lol) it was a few feet off the top of the water, the water was about 2ft deep and i thought  (was dared) i could fly under it with my P4P, suffice to say, me personally, I was wrong, it looked like it was descending so i ascended a tad, not quite the tad i wanted and it hit the underside and went plop lol, its still flies 100% ok to this day except for the battery, that went in the bin Moral of that story, don't try to be a hero and never accept a dare when it comes to ya drone lol

Actually, my P4P has had a few knocks and falls and its still like brand new or will be when i fit the new legs and top section lol

2023-6-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Best.JPEG. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Care Refresh service should now be transferred to the replacement drone, so if you still have a flyaway replacement left, we suggest binding your RC and account to the replacement drone. To check the service plan of the replacement drone, you may go to this link. Hope this helps.
2023-6-23
Use props
Best.JPEG
lvl.3
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-22 21:39
Oh I don't know lol, depends on the size of the arch and the length of its 'tunnel', I've looked at certainly one and possibly two but not had the guts to try. I fear two things, loss of connection and loss of GPS. It's certainly going to be risky.
You should have a look at some of Alex Markov's cave videos with an Avata on MavicPilots. I'd love to know how the heck he pulls those off.

An arch in the cliffs of Eterat
2023-6-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Best.JPEG Posted at 6-23 06:12
An arch in the cliffs of Eterat
ooh I'd be tempted lol.  

What went wrong?

2023-6-23
Use props
Best.JPEG
lvl.3
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-23 07:11
ooh I'd be tempted lol.  

The drone lost signal and immediately executed RTH. But when rising, the drone hit the ledge of the cliff. It is gone. RIP sd-card.
2023-6-23
Use props
Best.JPEG
lvl.3
United States

From that day, I will always carry a portable hard drive to back up everything I shoot.
2023-6-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Best.JPEG Posted at 6-23 08:37
The drone lost signal and immediately executed RTH. But when rising, the drone hit the ledge of the cliff. It is gone. RIP sd-card.

What drone was this?
2023-6-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nothing will work after being exposed to salt water so long.
2023-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules