Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
binary
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128944 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi there,

this week I planned to fly thru a gorge in Kaunertal, Austria.
Before flying thru the gorge I checked conditions and started a test flight.

During this flight I encountered two problems:

• a sudden drop of communication bandwidth between the Avata and the Goggles from 33 MBs to less the 1 MB within 20 meters distance / 2 seconds flight time (as you can see from 1min 5 sec in the video attached (). Returning in the direction of the home point / my location bandwidth recovers immediately to the same rate of about 30 MBs. The environment was free of any influencing factors like high power lines, metall structures, etc. I do have this behaviour quite regulary. More than 300 meters are almost impossible, flying close to buildings reduces possible distance even more.
  • even more critical was the situation at the and of the video. For some time flew above the creek and then stopped in near to a wooden bridge before starting to fly into the gorge. Without moving the motion controller or pulling the trigger to accelarate the Avata began lurching and moving forward. Luckily I was able to turn it around and fly it into the bushes close to the creek. What might have caused this behaviour? Was the Avata somehow irritated by the white water on the creek?

Having these kind of issues I´m not that confident to fly my avata under some kind of difficult conditions.
Any hints or tipps?
2023-6-23
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

The signal degradation would appear to be from the dense foliage/fence at your homepoint. The erratic flight characteristics MAY have been due to the rushing water below the aircraft, but you cannot know for sure.
2023-6-23
Use props
New2Mini2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3895528 ft
Canada

Why is it only at 33mb/s at the start? I'd say there is an antenna problem of some kind. Mine doesn't drop below 50mb/s unless I have a lot of distance or interference. Do you use UAV Airdata? You can check your signal score for reception and transmission in it. Or is it an FCC limit?
2023-6-23
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229255 ft
Germany

New2Mini2 Posted at 6-23 07:02
Why is it only at 33mb/s at the start? I'd say there is an antenna problem of some kind. Mine doesn't drop below 50mb/s unless I have a lot of distance or interference. Do you use UAV Airdata? You can check your signal score for reception and transmission in it. Or is it an FCC limit?

will be the share mode, mine is also from the start at 30 mbits
2023-6-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the incident that happened to your drone. You may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules