lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083205 ft
Israel

Hi.

Gear:
  • DJI Avata.
  • Integra Goggles.
  • Motion 2 controller.

Following the latest firmware update, I'm getting a constant "Country code not updated" message on my screen and in my flight logs. Additionally, my flight distance is limited to 50 meters.
I know - the first reaction is "login to your DJI account", but beleieve me when I say - I'm not new to the DJI world, the Avata is not my only drone, so I know my way around the DJI services maze, and the drone is logged in to the account. I can see it linked to my DJI account, and I can upload the flight logs to the account. So it is linked. Also, altough the logs suggests so, it is clearly visiable in the screenshot that there isn't any GPS problem.

I tried refreshing the formware using Assistant 2, but to no avail.

This is SO FRUSTRATING...

Any help will be much appreciated!
Thank you in advance.

avata Screenshot 2023-06-23 221858.jpg

avata-logs.png

2023-6-23
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

I would try plugging the Integra's into your phone. I remember having to do that only once when I first got my Integra's. Maybe somehow the update reset the GPS.
2023-6-23
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Israel

dnddad324 Posted at 6-23 13:18
I would try plugging the Integra's into your phone. I remember having to do that only once when I first got my Integra's. Maybe somehow the update reset the GPS.

Hi.

Sure. I did that to update the firmware. I also made another try using the Assistant 2 app. Both multiple times, both to no avail.

Thank you
2023-6-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. You may try this troubleshooting to rectify the error message:

1. Refresh the Flysafe Database using the DJI Fly app. To do so, connect the drone to the mobile phone (same setup during activation), run the DJI Fly app, and go to Settings> About>FlySafe Database. Follow the prompts to update/refresh.
2. Refresh the firmware of the goggles and the remote controller using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). You may install it from this link. For the steps, kindly check this

3. Restart all devices, and check if the same error message appears.
We look forward to your update. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
2023-6-23
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Israel

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-23 21:29
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. You may try this troubleshooting to rectify the error message:

1. Refresh the Flysafe Database using the DJI Fly app. To do so, connect the drone to the mobile phone (same setup during activation), run the DJI Fly app, and go to Settings> About>FlySafe Database. Follow the prompts to update/refresh.

Thank you for the information.
I actually did all that before writing this post here, yet it did not help.
Eventually, I was able to overcome this problem with the following steps:
  • Unbind the aircraft from my DJI account.
  • Reset everything back to factory defaults (also, to be on the safe side: I formatted all storages - the drone's internal and external, as well as the Integra's).
  • Reboot the drone, the MC2 and the Integra.
  • Rebind the aircraft to my DJI account.
  • Download and re-install the latest DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series).
  • Connect each of the Drone, Integra Goggles and the Motion Controller 2 to my PC, and refresh the latest firmware, even though it was already installed.
Once the all those steps were completed, the "Country code not updated" error message was gone, as are the distance and height limitations.
Again, Thank you.
2023-6-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Amit Dunsky Posted at 6-24 13:38

Thank you for keeping us posted, Amit. We're very glad to know that you managed to isolate this issue that you experienced. We also appreciate you for sharing the troubleshooting steps that you performed. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for always choosing DJI!
2023-6-25
Use props
djiuser_dsGLyx6E5Qht
New
New Zealand

Hi, I also have an Avata with the same issue "Country code not updated" and could not remove it by following DJI Paladin's troubleshooting instructions. However I am a newbie and do not have the expertise to do all the steps that Amit took. How else do I remove this error message ?
2023-9-5
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Israel

djiuser_dsGLyx6E5Qht Posted at 9-5 00:18
Hi, I also have an Avata with the same issue "Country code not updated" and could not remove it by following DJI Paladin's troubleshooting instructions. However I am a newbie and do not have the expertise to do all the steps that Amit took. How else do I remove this error message ?

You will need to follow the steps I've taken. It really is not too complicated and does not require any prior knowledge. Just go with the flow I described, step by step, and you should be good.
For me - it resolved the issue, so I presume it should help you too.
2023-9-5
Use props
Ghost of Oynx
New
Flight distance : 7280 ft

United States

Amit Dunsky Posted at 6-24 13:38

I've been SO frustrated, you giving me hope is a Godsend. Fingers crossed, I'll let you know if it works.
2023-12-16
Use props
GTHero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1832372 ft
Australia

Amit Dunsky Posted at 9-5 11:30
You will need to follow the steps I've taken. It really is not too complicated and does not require any prior knowledge. Just go with the flow I described, step by step, and you should be good.
For me - it resolved the issue, so I presume it should help you too.

I had the same country code message, but without the 50 metres distance limit.  However, I'm in a FCC zone country (Australia) and was getting CE-level transmission power.  I followed your 'fix' instructions and the country code message went away.  Unfortunately, it didn't help the transmission problems.
2023-12-17
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Israel

GTHero Posted at 12-17 00:22
I had the same country code message, but without the 50 metres distance limit.  However, I'm in a FCC zone country (Australia) and was getting CE-level transmission power.  I followed your 'fix' instructions and the country code message went away.  Unfortunately, it didn't help the transmission problems.

There's an easy fix for getting FCC mode anywhere in the world. Look it up online. You'll find it in minutes, and it is as easy as saving a file into a folder.
2023-12-17
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Israel

Ghost of Oynx Posted at 12-16 20:49
I've been SO frustrated, you giving me hope is a Godsend. Fingers crossed, I'll let you know if it works.

It should work for you too.
2023-12-17
Use props
Recoil12
lvl.1

United States

Amit Dunsky Posted at 2023-12-17 12:43
It should work for you too.

Thanks,

Your suggestions worked and I can now fly without restrictions and the counrty code error went away.

I didn't format the drone, controller or goggles but unlinking and refreshing the firmware on all of them worked.
3-5 18:30
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Recoil12 Posted at 3-5 18:30
Thanks,

Your suggestions worked and I can now fly without restrictions and the counrty code error went away.

3-6 21:10
Use props
djiuser_Pgn6GKLCNSOX
New

Finland

Amit Dunsky Posted at 2023-6-24 13:38
I wish you could prepare these steps as a picture and put them in this forum
because it is definitely my problem and that of many other users as well.
Tanx
3-29 14:16
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Israel

djiuser_Pgn6GKLCNSOX Posted at 3-29 14:16
I wish you could prepare these steps as a picture and put them in this forum
because it is definitely my problem and that of many other users as well.
Tanx

Note I wrote a step-by-step guide for this procedure.
3-29 23:49
Use props
djiuser_Pgn6GKLCNSOX
New

Finland

Amit Dunsky Posted at 3-29 23:49
Note I wrote a step-by-step guide for this procedure.

Sorry
I did all the steps but still this error is there
Of course, I did the update using my Android phone because I didn't see the dji fly program for Windows.
3-31 09:55
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Israel

djiuser_Pgn6GKLCNSOX Posted at 3-31 09:55
Sorry
Of course, I did the update using my Android phone because I didn't see the dji fly program for Windows.

There is no fly app for windows.
To complete step #6, you'll need to download and install DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) . Then, once you connect your Avata to you computer, you'll be able to refresh the firmware.
3-31 12:01
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_Pgn6GKLCNSOX Posted at 3-31 09:55
Sorry

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Please try updating the FlySafe database. To do it, power on the aircraft, goggles, and remote control device. Make sure that all the devices are linked. Connect the USB-C port of the goggles to your smartphone, and run the DJI Fly app. On the app, go to "Profile", and "Settings", and then select "Check for FlySafe Database Updates". If the issue persists, Try updating/refreshing the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 on a computer. Here is the link to download the Assistant 2: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series. You can also refer to this link to be guided on using the DJI Assistant 2: https://support.dji.com/help/con ... ;paperDocType=paper. Please feelfree to keep us posted if you need further assistance. Have a nice day.
3-31 21:34
Use props
djiuser_Pgn6GKLCNSOX
New

Finland

Tanx a lot
My problem was solved with your help
4-1 22:36
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_Pgn6GKLCNSOX Posted at 4-1 22:36
Tanx a lot
My problem was solved with your help

I'm glad to help. You can always contact us if you need assistance. We appreciate your valued support.
4-2 02:30
Use props
izellix
New
Flight distance : 97795 ft
United States

Purchased a Avata 2 yesterday, and I am currently having this issue.. Followed all the steps from above and nothing is working.
4-17 20:21
Use props
ozwaldcore
lvl.1

Brazil

Purchased a Avata 2 yesterday, and I am currently having this issue.. Followed all the steps from above and nothing is working.
SAME
Very frustrating.
4-18 15:48
Use props
izellix
New
United States

ozwaldcore Posted at 4-18 15:48
SAME
Very frustrating.

I think i was able to figure out the distance limitations part by going through the connection guide each time you want to use the drone.. however I'm not sure about the Country code part.
4-18 18:05
Use props
fansd7dee1d6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33740 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm suffering with the same problems. Top speed of 17 MPH in Sport mode, coupled with very short range. Followed all the directions above, and now the goggles will no longer refresh on assistant 2.  Contacted DJI, now returning for a replacement.  The rep was gone a long while, came back and said engineering was now aware of the problem and many units are affected.  They will issue an update, but are not sure when.  Great job DJI!  -field tester Dan they call me now apparently...
4-19 07:58
Use props
izellix
New
United States

fansd7dee1d6 Posted at 4-19 07:58
I'm suffering with the same problems. Top speed of 17 MPH in Sport mode, coupled with very short range. Followed all the directions above, and now the goggles will no longer refresh on assistant 2.  Contacted DJI, now returning for a replacement.  The rep was gone a long while, came back and said engineering was now aware of the problem and many units are affected.  They will issue an update, but are not sure when.  Great job DJI!  -field tester Dan they call me now apparently...

Thats actually really good to hear, when i contacted them they asked for my zip code and told me i was in a restricted area.. meanwhile the only airport near me is about 30 mins away. UAV Forecast,DJI Fly, and Airhub all show me clear to fly. My other dones also didnt have any flight limitations, so I figured it had to be something up with the avata 2. Glad hesr they plan on releasing a fix for it. Also, my goggles aren't updating via DJI Assistant either and that was driving me nuts.
4-19 11:23
Use props
bimmer32
lvl.1
United States

izellix Posted at 4-19 11:23
Thats actually really good to hear, when i contacted them they asked for my zip code and told me i was in a restricted area.. meanwhile the only airport near me is about 30 mins away. UAV Forecast,DJI Fly, and Airhub all show me clear to fly. My other dones also didnt have any flight limitations, so I figured it had to be something up with the avata 2. Glad hesr they plan on releasing a fix for it. Also, my goggles aren't updating via DJI Assistant either and that was driving me nuts.

I bought an AVATA 2, and same issue, country code not updated. I think I am going to return this drone until they have a fix. I took one flight, and have this restrictions which sucks.
4-19 20:39
Use props
Tim Harris
lvl.1
Australia

Hey, just bought avata2, I'm having the same issue with the country code, I've been updating, refreshing with DJI assistant, updated flysafe etc, and to no avail.

What to do? (been here for hours now) should I return it?
4-23 00:34
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

bimmer32 Posted at 4-19 20:39
I bought an AVATA 2, and same issue, country code not updated. I think I am going to return this drone until they have a fix. I took one flight, and have this restrictions which sucks.

Hi there. Please check our reply on your thread.
4-23 01:10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Tim Harris Posted at 4-23 00:34
Hey, just bought avata2, I'm having the same issue with the country code, I've been updating, refreshing with DJI assistant, updated flysafe etc, and to no avail.

What to do? (been here for hours now) should I return it?

We're sorry to read about this, Tim. Please try the steps on this post. Please keep us posted.
4-23 01:12
Use props
Tim Harris
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-23 01:12
We're sorry to read about this, Tim. Please try the steps on this post. Please keep us posted.

Hi, just took it outside and let it connect to GPS, and it appears to be removed now, cheers

This should probably be more clear lol, maybe a sticky, as probably almost everyone is sitting at their desk inside setting it up to begin with
4-23 01:46
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Israel

Hi all.
I made a step-by-step guide on how to tackle this issue. See the 5th message in this thread.
4-23 09:34
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Tim Harris Posted at 4-23 01:46
Hi, just took it outside and let it connect to GPS, and it appears to be removed now, cheers

This should probably be more clear lol, maybe a sticky, as probably almost everyone is sitting at their desk inside setting it up to begin with

Thanks for the update, Tim. Great to know that the message has been removed already, Tim. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us again here at DJI Forum. Cheers!
4-25 05:54
Use props
ozwaldcore
lvl.1

Brazil

I've like to update that I just went outdoors and the "country code not updated" error was gone. My guessing is that it was an low gps signal issue
4-25 09:13
Use props
djiuser_KKe4BOj5cqrs
New

United States

Amit Dunsky Posted at 2023-6-24 13:38

I'm having the same issue I tried your recommendations, but still no country code update. I have flashed all software on the drone, motion controller 3 and goggles 3. Still limited on flight distances and height
yesterday 21:23
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Israel

djiuser_KKe4BOj5cqrs Posted at 4-28 21:23
I'm having the same issue I tried your recommendations, but still no country code update. I have flashed all software on the drone, motion controller 3 and goggles 3. Still limited on flight distances and height

Once you completed all the steps, get your drone out so it can see the sky and get GPS reception. Then you would want to have your goggles connected to your phone (which in turn should be connected to the internet). This will allow for a download of the DB as per your location. Once that's done, reboot everything (drone, rc, goggles) and it should be fine.
yesterday 21:50
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules