569 11 2023-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BaruEM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127500 ft
Poland

Hello,

I am a happy user of DJI Mavic Mini, but yesterday I had really weird experience with the device.
Basically I took-off but noticed that the battery hatch was open, so I landed in my hand, closed the hatch and started the propellers by holding the joysticks down and "inside".

The drone took off, I wanted to grab a picture of a sunset, there was an information that spot hovering was not available so I had to control it manually.
In a blink of an eye, the drone started to go left at almost 9m/s (which I believe would be considered sport mode, I was in C mode) and hit the dumpster.
It would not react to any input from my controller in the 3-5 second of flight before hitting the dumpster.
On the flight history it shows that there was an input to fly right and down, but the drone went left (according to the arrow on the flight history).
The outer shell of the drone was damaged on the back, ribbon cabble of the camera was damaged and it came out of the rubber "hinges" that help to stabilize the gimball.
I am not sure why this has happened, if it's covered under warrant (it seems like there was some software/hardware malfunction) or how much would it cost to repair it.
No, I do not have DJI Care, because I did use this drone only in really open places where the chances of hitting something were really low.
Could you please advise what options do I have in order to get the drone operational again, besides paying the fees myself, as I fell I've didn't make mistakes in this situation.

Thank you,

2023-6-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry to hear about the crash. I understand it'd be sad when we encountered an accident.
Please fill out the online repair request on our official web and send the drone back https://repair.dji.com/repair/index.
Data analysis can be processed if the drone is within the warranty period, if the accident is confirmed the drone's issue, we will cover the service.
2023-6-24
Use props
BaruEM
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Susan Posted at 6-24 03:21
Sorry to hear about the crash. I understand it'd be sad when we encountered an accident.
Please fill out the online repair request on our official web and send the drone back https://repair.dji.com/repair/index.
Data analysis can be processed if the drone is within the warranty period, if the accident is confirmed the drone's issue, we will cover the service.

Thank you for the information. Yes, it’s under warranty until the end of next month. I will send it back Monday, hopefully getting it resolved. If there was user error will I be quoted a price to repair it so I can decide on what to do next?
2023-6-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BaruEM Posted at 6-24 04:22
Thank you for the information. Yes, it’s under warranty until the end of next month. I will send it back Monday, hopefully getting it resolved. If there was user error will I be quoted a price to repair it so I can decide on what to do next?

If it is confirmed a pilot issue, we will send you the broken parts and repair quotation, you can decide whether to repair it or not, please rest assured.
You can also tell me your case number when you have one, and I will keep an eye on it.
2023-6-24
Use props
BaruEM
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Susan Posted at 6-24 20:13
If it is confirmed a pilot issue, we will send you the broken parts and repair quotation, you can decide whether to repair it or not, please rest assured.
You can also tell me your case number when you have one, and I will keep an eye on it.

The case is reported under CAS-13279823-Z5S7B7.
In the suggestions it shows that I should not ship non-DJI products. The flight was not recorded nor photographed, should I send it with or without the SD card?
2023-6-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BaruEM Posted at 6-25 12:32
The case is reported under CAS-13279823-Z5S7B7.
In the suggestions it shows that I should not ship non-DJI products. The flight was not recorded nor photographed, should I send it with or without the SD card?

Thank you for your reply, kindly remove the SD card, normally, the local team will check the flight data on the drone or flight record to know the accident reason, we do not need the SD card.
2023-6-25
Use props
BaruEM
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Susan Posted at 6-25 19:48
Thank you for your reply, kindly remove the SD card, normally, the local team will check the flight data on the drone or flight record to know the accident reason, we do not need the SD card.

Drone was shipped today, it should arrive Wednesday in the service centre. Thank you very much for your assistance and guidance through the whole process. I wish all the companies would have such high standards of customer care.
2023-6-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

BaruEM Posted at 6-26 06:06
Drone was shipped today, it should arrive Wednesday in the service centre. Thank you very much for your assistance and guidance through the whole process. I wish all the companies would have such high standards of customer care.

Thanks for your feedback on our customer care service. In addition, you may also check the progress of your case here. Hope this helps. As always, should you need to contact us for any reason, please know that we are always here to help. Thank you once again for your patience.
2023-6-26
Use props
BaruEM
lvl.1
Poland

Hello,

I just received the information that the drone will be reparied free of charge.
Could you please advise if I can comment on the case? I think the propellers were also broken during the accident, but it's not mentioned in the damage assesement.
Just wanted to confirm that they'll be replaced as well, I have unopened set from the fly more combo kit, but I would rather have some backup just in case.

Thank you
2023-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

BaruEM Posted at 7-2 22:42
Hello,

I just received the information that the drone will be reparied free of charge.

Hi there, please rest assured that the propellers will be replaced by new ones.
2023-7-3
Use props
BaruEM
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-3 00:48
Hi there, please rest assured that the propellers will be replaced by new ones.

Thank you!
2023-7-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

You're welcome. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
2023-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules