Missing auxiliary LED light ON/OFF function !!
1510 7 2023-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
COPTERFILM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 725 ft
Czechia

Hello to DJI.

I have discovered, that there is missing function (according to manual). I cant find a LED light ON/OFF function. During the night shooting we need to turn off the auxiliary light (low altitude top shot) but when i checked the "three dots" menu where it should be... the function is missing. I am also missing the function to turn off/on the navigation RED/GREEN lights! I can imagine a situation where they will be visible in reflection for example... can you please fix this? And can you please also add this function to the customizable button menu? To be able to turn these lights by some button?

Thank you
Filip Brazdil  - COPTERFILM
2023-6-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, may I ask if you're in Europe? For the EU region, To meet laws and regulations, the below function has been modified, there is no "Auxiliary LED" and "Aircraft Front Arm LEDs" option in DJI Fly App: The auxiliary bottom light is set to "Auto" by default, which cannot be set by users.
2023-6-25
Use props
COPTERFILM
lvl.2
Czechia

Hi. Yes, we are from Europe… so you are telling me that in this professional most advanced high tech super innovative drone you cant turn off he bottom LED light when it is shining to your shot? and the only way how to do it is to use old fashion historical black tape? … and the same issue with the red/green position lights? … well, ok then
2023-6-25
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

That isn't even the biggest issue the drone faces for flying in the EU.

Dji badly need to go back and get this certified for C2 flights. Being under 4kg and only falling into the c3/a3 categories us ridiculous.
2023-6-25
Use props
Blue Collar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 463301 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-25 02:45
Hi there, may I ask if you're in Europe? For the EU region, To meet laws and regulations, the below function has been modified, there is no "Auxiliary LED" and "Aircraft Front Arm LEDs" option in DJI Fly App: The auxiliary bottom light is set to "Auto" by default, which cannot be set by users.

for those of us outside the EU should we have these options in the Pilot app?
2023-6-26
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

COPTERFILM Posted at 6-25 04:09
Hi. Yes, we are from Europe… so you are telling me that in this professional most advanced high tech super innovative drone you cant turn off he bottom LED light when it is shining to your shot?  and the only way how to do it is to use old fashion historical black tape?  … and the same issue with the red/green position lights? … well, ok then

Its the law. Not dji silly. They can easily program it to thrn off. But by law it must be on. So why you trying to break the law? Also in most countries the lights must be on at night. Do you even see an air plane fly at night with the lights off? No, cause its the law to have lights on.
2023-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Blue Collar Posted at 6-26 14:15
for those of us outside the EU should we have these options in the Pilot app?

You can go to the app and check it on the 'Common Settings'-'LED Settings'.
2023-6-30
Use props
COPTERFILM
lvl.2
Czechia

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 6-26 15:02
Its the law. Not dji silly. They can easily program it to thrn off. But by law it must be on. So why you trying to break the law? Also in most countries the lights must be on at night. Do you even see an air plane fly at night with the lights off? No, cause its the law to have lights on.

INSPIRE 3 is not a hobby drone... professionals should be responsible for following the laws, not to manufacturer of the drone i think...  its the same with the cars, why you can drive the car more than allowed speed? Why you can turn off/on the lights on the car? Following the law should be on user not on manufacturer... anyway i can tape the light when i need so nobody will force me to have it on... when you flying in the studio/inside building... you not belongs to the airspace...and than you should be able to customize your professional expensive high tech device... and dont use historical tape...thats my point of view!
2023-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules