RS 3 Pro + LiDAR Activetrack failure & twitchy focus
899 1 2023-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
graetzy
lvl.1

Australia

I've been having troubles with Activetrack on my RS 3 Pro with the LiDAR rangefinder. 95% of the time when I pull the front trigger to enable Activetrack, it simply fails to track the subject at all. Sometimes through an arbitrary sequence of restarting the gimbal multiple times I can get it to work briefly.
I've recently updated the gimbal to 01.04.00.00 and uopdated the LiDAR unit to the latest firmware via the Assistant 2 app. Now when I first enable Activetrack it starts tracking the subject for about 1 second and then stops. From that point it doesn't work at all until I reboot the gimbal - giving me another 1 second of functional Activetrack.
In addition, since this latest round of firmware updates, I'm finding that the LiDAR autofocus is extremely twitchy. Even when the subject is sitting perfectly still the motor is 'ticking' back and forth quite quickly, making a noise that can be heard in the talent's microphone. I couldn't tell if the motor received a firmware upgrade when I upgraded the gimbal. It was definitely connected at the time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The promise of Activetrack via LiDAR is extremely attractive – we just need it to work reliably!
2023-6-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please tell us more information? 1. The camera and lens you used. 2. a photo that shows how you connect the LiDAR to the DJI RS 3 PRO 3. Firmware version of the devices.  We will let our engineers check the issue for you first.
2023-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules