DRONE IS DISCONNECTING MID FLIGHT
1208 5 2023-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CR17221
New

United States

Hi guys, I have a question about my Mavic 2 Pro. I bought it last year and I use it for work about twice a month. The last few times I've flown it, the screen on my phone goes grey then it says Disconnected in the top left and won't reconnect until I bring it down and turn it off. It only does this when in flight and I've timed it to be anywhere from 1-2minutes from when I take off to when it disconnects. I can't see the screen anymore, but I still have full control of the aircraft. It just goes grey and says Disconnected! Anyways if you guys have anything it would be much appreciated. It's been frustrating to tell clients that I can't complete the shoot because of an unreliable Drone.
2023-6-27
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Most of the time, this is your wire going between the controller and the device.  When this starts happening, I toss it and get a new wire.
2023-6-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, CR17221. Thank you for reaching out. The main factors that affect the image transmission distance are firmware, signal transmitter power, attenuation, obstruction, and electromagnetic interference. I’ll troubleshoot for you step by step. Please rest assured.

1. Check the aircraft image transmission distance in your country.
2. Check if the aircraft firmware, remote controller firmware, and app versions are the latest. If not, please update the firmware to the latest versions first.
3. Check the remote controller antenna position. Please place your remote controller antenna in the optimal position.

4. Keep note of tree and house obstructions near the flying field. After flying for a period, note the obstruction near the horizontal line to ensure that there are no visible obstructions in the aircraft's direction.

5. Check whether there is significant interference in the flight environment. Please turn on the Image Transmission Settings to check the real-time channel quality. Or provide a screenshot or a recorded video for us to see significant interference. If the interference is significant, we recommend changing the flight environment. Common electromagnetic interference sources include but are not limited to Wi-Fi hotspots, routers, Bluetooth devices, high-voltage power lines, high-voltage transmission stations, mobile phone base stations, and television broadcasting towers.

If the issue persists after following the steps above, kindly provide us a video of the operation together with the screenshot of the About page showing the RC firmware, Aircraft firmware, and App version. Thank you for your kind understanding and valued support.
2023-6-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From memory if you disconnect the std cable from the side-port of the controller you can then use a normal USB cable connected to the port between the phone clamp arms.
That said, if the phone uses a micro USB connector my first port of call would be to see if the phone connects reliably to a computer etc.. Micro USB plugs AND SOCKETS are very easily damaged, I'd also check the phone's socket for fluff etc..

Are you using the cable slider in the arm of the phone clamps?
I find it a VERY GREAT help in connecting the phone to the controller cable and in maintaining the connection, so much so that I fitted one to my Mavic Mini controller.
2023-6-28
Use props
MillerTym4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18153 ft

United States

I truly hope one of these is the right answer. I think it’s the cable cord to your phone. Those go bad really easy if it’s not connected really good. If it’s not any of these, you’ll drive yourself crazy trying to figure it out. I don’t think it’s the drone I do believe it’s the waves elect to your phone and drone is a certain wave link. It may be broken somewhere amongst there. It’s a certain type of wind wave communication that will be changing with 5G. I truly hope everything works out because I was going to buy one of those please get us update soon.
IMG_9933.jpeg
IMG_9752.jpeg
2023-6-28
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

M2P completely different from Mini2se.
2023-6-28
Use props
Advanced