Uncapturred error while flying in sport mode
894 10 2023-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scoot_flys_drones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22644 ft
United States

Hey all I took my drone to the Bruce Penninsula in Ontario Canada.  I was flyig accross Look About Bay going to an island.  I was running in sport mode around 33 mph, when I reached the island I received a warning on my remote in regards to overcurrent or something to that nature.  I didn't have the screen capture running so I can't go back and find the exact error but it pretty much freaked me out.  I was 9,338 feet away with a bar left I was scared my drone would drop in the lake so I switch it immediately to 'C' mode and limped it home hoping the over current error or what ever it was would calm down.  I got my drone back but needless to say I didn't get the video I was hoping for and was nervous about sending it out a second time to try it again.

Anyone else get a warning like that when flying a drone and how serious is it?  Did I do the right thing or should I have just turned off sport and kept going?
2023-6-28
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

In sports mode while using Plus battery (47min version) when you go full throttle that warning comes on screen, all you need to do is go slower or use normal mode full throttle.
2023-6-28
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United States

I've seen the message a few times. I just back off the throttle for a bit and proceed.
2023-6-28
Use props
scoot_flys_drones
lvl.1
United States

Ranjan Posted at 6-28 04:07
In sports mode while using Plus battery (47min version) when you go full throttle that warning comes on screen, all you need to do is go slower or use normal mode full throttle.

Yes this was the case I was using the plus battery.  I'll default to normal mode from now on.
2023-6-28
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

If you upload your log file to Phantom Help or AirData UAV then you'll be able to see the warning from the log and also see the context of what was going on at the time of the warning ..
2023-6-28
Use props
scoot_flys_drones
lvl.1
United States

No Original Thought Posted at 6-28 04:13
If you upload your log file to Phantom Help or AirData UAV then you'll be able to see the warning from the log and also see the context of what was going on at the time of the warning ..

I need to figure out the flight data part.  I see that a lot but haven't done that yet.  Pretty new on the drone here.  I'll do some googling and take a look its been on a list of things for me to do.  Something I definitely need to know and do as a drone pilot.
2023-6-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Perhaps a read of the instructions on
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
2023-6-28
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Airdata UAV is a phenomenal tool.
2023-6-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We apologize for the inconvenience. A warning will appear stating “Battery overcurrent. Maintain smooth flight and check if aircraft is overloaded” if the battery output power is relatively high. In this case, the aircraft may be overloaded or may fly with the control stick being pushed fully in Sport mode for a long time. If it is confirmed that there is no extra load, please gently push the control stick of the remote controller and the warning will disappear. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-6-28
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

scoot_flys_drones Posted at 6-28 04:18
I need to figure out the flight data part.  I see that a lot but haven't done that yet.  Pretty new on the drone here.  I'll do some googling and take a look its been on a list of things for me to do.  Something I definitely need to know and do as a drone pilot.

The AirData UAV app will automatically sync your flight logs to their own servers where you can view them on their website.

Phantom Help requires you to find the logs on the device that is running the fly app and to manually upload them to the website.

Both are pretty simple and both provide very useful and interesting and, but I find the convenience of the auto sync of AirData UAV tips the balance for a lazy me
2023-6-29
Use props
scoot_flys_drones
lvl.1
United States

No Original Thought Posted at 6-29 01:18
The AirData UAV app will automatically sync your flight logs to their own servers where you can view them on their website.

Phantom Help requires you to find the logs on the device that is running the fly app and to manually upload them to the website.

I am definitely lazy will look into the app for sure.  Thank you
2023-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules