Which remote control are you using? And are you happy with it?
2158 20 2023-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NTP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32051 ft

Canada

I'm using the Smart Controller which is nice to have a bright screen under the sun. However I feel like DJI has dumped it to make space for the new hyped RC, and of course the RC Pro, since it has worse battery life and also people said they have had problem with range and functions, e.g I cannot use the zoom wheel. Thinking of picking up a RC-N1 as back up in case the SC cannot stand for whole day long. I just wish DJI would release a firmware update with OC 3, then it's a actually usable remote.

What do you guy use and which remote do you think works best with the Air 2S?
2023-6-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’ve got the DJI rc and the smart controller rm500 and the new rc is much smoother.   
2023-6-28
Use props
NTP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32051 ft

Canada

DAFlys Posted at 6-28 05:48
I’ve got the DJI rc and the smart controller rm500 and the new rc is much smoother.

No doubt. I had the Mini 3 Pro with the RC and it was nice with lightweight and battery life. Sold it days ago for the Air 2S. Overall I'm happy with the drone itself but not the remote.
2023-6-28
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

Using the stock RC N1. Best would be of course the RC Pro but at about 6 times the RC N1's price, I would wait for the upcoming DJI RC 2 instead.
2023-6-28
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

I have both the stock controller that came with it and a RC Pro. I'm not sure what you're asking about, but of course I just use the RC Pro, and only keep the old one as backup. And yes, it's pretty standard for companies (especially DJI) to just completely stop updating older products once they have something newer and shinier that they want to sell you.
2023-6-28
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

dreamtuner Posted at 6-28 07:07
Using the stock RC N1. Best would be of course the RC Pro but at about 6 times the RC N1's price, I would wait for the upcoming DJI RC 2 instead.

That the RC Pro cost 6 times the price of the RC it is simply not true!

I can buy from DJI the RC new for $399, while the RC Pro is $1529 (AUD prices). So that's 4 times not 6!

I actually paid $1200 for my RC Pro (on special few months back, which in my case makes 3 times)..

I notice that most people that complain about the price, has never even touched the RC Pro. That does normally explain them complaining about the price..

While I agree that at $1529 the RC Pro is not priced to sell, I can't agree when people compare it to the RC.

They are both good radio and they both fit a purpose, but not on the same level.. I actually keep both around and normally use the RC Pro for the M3 and keep the RC for the Mini 3 Pro.
So far this setup, it has been working well for me...
2023-6-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the RC Pro.  I get much better signal strength with it and have had no battery issues with it.  The extra 300 NITS over the RC makes it easier to see in the bright Florida sunlight.  I have the RC that came with the Mini 3 Pro but I can't put 3rd party Apps on it and it doesn't have HDMI out.  It just feels much more cheaply made than the RC Pro.  the RC Pro is well worth the extra cost to me.  
2023-6-28
Use props
AlexC_Photos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70978 ft
United States

I have both the RC and the N1. Prefer the RC for most of my flying, but when using 3rd party apps I go with the N1.
2023-6-29
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28641640 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the RC Pro for the Air 2S. It's a great radio that serves many platforms.
2023-6-30
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I use the old fashion basic remote, I am not sure what it is called off had.  It doesn't have a screen on. it.  I love using my iPad on it.  Whether it is my iPad mini 6 or iPad Pro 12.9", I love having much larger screens then being restricted to smaller screens on the remote.  I know it is easier to just pull the remote out and go fly, But I find it easier to see things on a larger screen.
2023-7-1
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Burt37 Posted at 6-28 07:46

I can buy from DJI the RC new for $399, while the RC Pro is $1529 (AUD prices). So that's 4 times not 6!

Throw tax and shipping on an already overpriced item and it will come out to 6 times more.
And before you come back with how do you know if you never tried it,no desire to as this remote costs more than some good drones.
2023-7-2
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Freetime Posted at 7-2 12:16
Throw tax and shipping on an already overpriced item and it will come out to 6 times more.
And before you come back with how do you know if you never tried it,no desire to as this remote costs more than some good drones.

That's rubbish...

Always free delivery (on orders above $99) and prices are tax inclusive...

But feel free to continue to complain about the price as mentioned in my previous post...
2023-7-2
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

KLRSKIR Posted at 6-30 02:36
I use the RC Pro for the Air 2S. It's a great radio that serves many platforms.

Hopefully, it will be also compatible with the new Air 3

It is indeed a great radio..
2023-7-2
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Burt37 Posted at 6-28 07:46

The op said 6 times the price of the rc n1. You might want to go back and reread lol. Fact is, the rc pro is 15 times the price of the rc n1. Since the rc n1 can be bought for under $80 usd brand new. While the rc pro brand new is at $1200 usd. The normal rc controller is at $300 brand new. So if compare to the rc, the rc pro is 4 times more.

I have used the rc n1. Rc controller, and rc pro. The rc n1 is a great controller, only downside is you need a phone or tablet. As for the rc and rc pro. They both are the same. The rc pro is a little faster, but not by much. Its brighter than the rc, so thats good. But only 3 hour vs 4 hour on the rc. The rc is bright enough for normal use. Range of all 3 are far more than vlos. I can go over 15,000ft and still have good signals on all 3. Rc pro can use websites and watch YouTube and Netflix. Thats great but not useful. As i never use those features cause i have my phone for that. So in conclusion the rc pro aint worth 15x and 4x of the other.
2023-7-2
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Burt37 Posted at 7-2 13:20
That's rubbish...

Always free delivery (on orders above $99) and prices are tax inclusive...

Depends on where you are getting it from
2023-7-2
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 7-2 13:38
The op said 6 times the price of the rc n1. You might want to go back and reread lol. Fact is, the rc pro is 15 times the price of the rc n1. Since the rc n1 can be bought for under $80 usd brand new. While the rc pro brand new is at $1200 usd. The normal rc controller is at $300 brand new. So if compare to the rc, the rc pro is 4 times more.

I have used the rc n1. Rc controller, and rc pro. The rc n1 is a great controller, only downside is you need a phone or tablet. As for the rc and rc pro. They both are the same. The rc pro is a little faster, but not by much. Its brighter than the rc, so thats good. But only 3 hour vs 4 hour on the rc. The rc is bright enough for normal use. Range of all 3 are far more than vlos. I can go over 15,000ft and still have good signals on all 3. Rc pro can use websites and watch YouTube and Netflix. Thats great but not useful. As i never use those features cause i have my phone for that. So in conclusion the rc pro aint worth 15x and 4x of the other.

That's what old age does to you my friend...

I was reading RC.... Apologies...

But that the RC and the RC Pro are the same, no. Main difference for me is the fact that the RC Pro uses hall sensor instead of the standard pot for the joystick... You can fly so much more smoothly with the RC Pro and there is no wear either... Then off course I can load anything I want on the radio and/or even play music while flying...
Like I said in my post, I don't think that the RC Pro is priced to sell, but it is still a good quality radio..

2023-7-2
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Freetime Posted at 7-2 13:41
Depends on where you are getting it from

That's true...
2023-7-2
Use props
FRCornelis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1252884 ft
  • >>>
United States

dreamtuner Posted at 6-28 07:07

Will the RC2 be backwards compatible for the current Air and Mavic series?
2023-7-3
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Bangladesh

FRCornelis Posted at 7-3 15:14
Will the RC2 be backwards compatible for the current Air and Mavic series?

No information on that but DJI will not exclude the Mavic 3 series for sure, with probability for the Air 2S. The bigger dependent role will be if DJI introduces Occusync 4 and make the new RCs backward compatible with all the O3 and O3+ drones.
2023-7-4
Use props
FRCornelis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1252884 ft
  • >>>
United States

dreamtuner Posted at 7-4 00:46
No information on that but DJI will not exclude the Mavic 3 series for sure, with probability for the Air 2S. The bigger dependent role will be if DJI introduces Occusync 4 and make the new RCs backward compatible with all the O3 and O3+ drones.

Hopefully,
I have a Classic on the way, I ordered the N1 controller because of the upcoming RC2 in the horizon that will be better than the current version. I had concers RC2 will introduce a new O4 transmission system not compatible with the current O3+
I know the Mavic 3 line first introduced in late 2021 is very mature right now, and with the introduction of the PRO version recently, it means that DJI will have batteries and accessories for the platform for at least 2~3 upcoming years. The telephoto lens is nice but I coulnd't justify the cost for the PRO, I only fly for fun and not very often, so I rather apply the cost delta towards accessories for the Classic.
Other than the telephoto lens, I hope the upcoming Air 3 won't make the Classic obsolte.
I care more about flight time, and intelligent flight modes, things like waypoints, cruise control that I'm sure won't be available in the Air 3. However, It will hurt if DJI is not willing to sale the RC2 with external antennas standalone for the the Mavic 3 line because that means I would have to eat the cost of the RC PRO which I'm really not looking forward. I really hope O4 transmission system is not a thing until Mavic 4 release (look at the O3 PRO transmission system for the new Inspire 3)

cheers
-FC
2023-7-4
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Bangladesh

FRCornelis Posted at 7-4 11:43
Hopefully,
I have a Classic on the way, I ordered the N1 controller because of the upcoming RC2 in the horizon that will be better than the current version. I had concers RC2 will introduce a new O4 transmission system not compatible with the current O3+
I know the Mavic 3 line first introduced in late 2021 is very mature right now, and with the introduction of the PRO version recently, it means that DJI will have batteries and accessories for the platform for at least 2~3 upcoming years. The telephoto lens is nice but I coulnd't justify the cost for the PRO, I only fly for fun and not very often, so I rather apply the cost delta towards accessories for the Classic.

Wow great!
I am waiting for the Mavic 3 Pro drone-only package so that I can get the RC Pro with it separately. Now that the new RCs are coming out, I will probably wait for a little more to see if the Occusync tech gets an upgrade to iteration 4 as well. This will make me also hope for an RC PRO update with O4 too. But all in good times.
2023-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules