1531 24 2023-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Darkpaw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 536896 ft
  • >>>
Canada

There appears to be a change to the voice in the most recent update.
I hate it.  How do we get the original voice back?  Surely there is (or will be) an option to revert to the orignal voice....

2023-6-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Darkpaw. Thank you for reaching out. In the past, many pilots complained that the default voice is very robotic that's why the new voice (Xiaoice) has been implemented. With Xiaoice, now every time you take off and land, there will be a gentle voice to remind you, so that every flight experience has a pleasant listening experience. In addition, many novices could only understand the lecturer's courses through subtitles when they studied at DJI Academy, but for learners, this experience is not friendly. Therefore, We have added English dubbing to help you learn the aerial photography course more easily at DJI Academy.

Currently, there's no way to revert the old voice back with the new version but we will take it as suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-6-28
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
Japan

Still need an announcement on battery percentage and distance occasionally which Litchi has.

"75% battery. Distance from home point 300m"
"50% battery. Distance from home point 250m"

2023-6-28
Use props
Darkpaw
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-28 19:20
Hi, Darkpaw. Thank you for reaching out. In the past, many pilots complained that the default voice is very robotic that's why the new voice (Xiaoice) has been implemented. With Xiaoice, now every time you take off and land, there will be a gentle voice to remind you, so that every flight experience has a pleasant listening experience. In addition, many novices could only understand the lecturer's courses through subtitles when they studied at DJI Academy, but for learners, this experience is not friendly. Therefore, We have added English dubbing to help you learn the aerial photography course more easily at DJI Academy.

Currently, there's no way to revert the old voice back with the new version but we will take it as suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team. Thank you for your kind understanding.

"...Currently, there's no way to revert the old voice back with the new version but we will take it as suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team. Thank you for your kind understanding. ..."

Yes, please do.  I think that I will be FAR from the only person that's angry about this.  I may be one of the few people that bothers to complain on the boards, but you can be sure that people are angry.  Just look at YouTube.
2023-6-28
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I also want the old voice back. It's been way better. The new is embarrassing.
2023-6-28
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

I don't understand then why you guys did bother to update to version .6

We can guess now, that the only difference left after they removed the 120 metre limitation, was those silly new voices...

There was nothing left mentioned in the changelog...

DJI Fly App version 1.10.6 is simply version 1.10.1 with different voices... If you don't need the new voices, stay on version 1.10.1   ... but I could be wrong...  
2023-6-28
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

I was wrong.. It just got worse...

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=293219
2023-6-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Simple fix,   turn off the sound.  
2023-6-28
Use props
Outpost6E
lvl.4
Germany

SeehawerB Posted at 6-28 21:40
I also want the old voice back. It's been way better. The new is embarrassing.

+1   there will hopefully be an option to revert this crap.
2023-6-29
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United States

I've only heard the new voice on YouTube reviews saying how terrible the new voice is.
+1 for reverting back to the old voice.
2023-6-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad I stayed on 1.10.1.  I've heard that voice on YT and I much prefer the original voice so no updating for me.  
2023-6-29
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-29 01:58
Glad I stayed on 1.10.1.  I've heard that voice on YT and I much prefer the original voice so no updating for me.

Me too...

Plus I think the new voice is robotic while the old one was natural and perfectly fine... Now if they added warning like batteries voltage and distance from home instead, it would have been a REAL improvement compare to this...

I'm failing to understand what DJI was really trying to do with this "update"
2023-6-29
Use props
WN1X
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37884 ft
United States

I cannot understand how anyone would think the new voice sounds more natural. What were you thinking DJI???
2023-6-29
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

WN1X Posted at 6-29 04:16
I cannot understand how anyone would think the new voice sounds more natural. What were you thinking DJI???

It was probably a Friday afternoon 5 minutes before clocking off type decision
2023-6-29
Use props
hesveymartin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192825 ft
Philippines

Is it possible to upload a sample audio/video of the new voice here please? I'm intrigued with it! lol..not yet hitting that update button..
2023-6-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hesveymartin Posted at 6-29 19:29
Is it possible to upload a sample audio/video of the new voice here please? I'm intrigued with it! lol..not yet hitting that update button..

2023-6-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I much prefer the old voice.

It could be that its a legal matter as to why they changed the voice, especially if they were using Google's TTS voice (guessing), or perhaps they thought it was just time for a change, more than likely the latter.

2023-6-29
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 951020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I am really wondering who complained about the old voice. It was ok, sounded nicely and in my ears much more natural than the new "natural" voice. Maybe we need to get used to the "new natural" as the 4th industrial revolution will provide robots in many areas to make natural humans obsolete? Who knows...
2023-6-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Burt37 Posted at 6-29 03:16
Me too...

Plus I think the new voice is robotic while the old one was natural and perfectly fine... Now if they added warning like batteries voltage and distance from home instead, it would have been a REAL improvement compare to this...

I'm failing to understand what DJI was really trying to do with this "update"

You're not alone on that thought.  

2023-6-30
Use props
Darkpaw
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Hopefully they are paying attention to this on these boards, and in the YT videos.  If they won't revert it back, the least they should do is give us an option to select which one we want.
2023-6-30
Use props
bobmalkh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 88045 ft
Israel

Darkpaw Posted at 6-30 10:44
Hopefully they are paying attention to this on these boards, and in the YT videos.  If they won't revert it back, the least they should do is give us an option to select which one we want.

this is my suggestion, but I don't think it's real
2023-6-30
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 6-29 20:16
I much prefer the old voice.

It could be that its a legal matter as to why they changed the voice, especially if they were using Google's TTS voice (guessing), or perhaps they thought it was just time for a change, more than likely the latter.

My radio did sound similar to my GPS and I didn't give much more thought than that..

I honestly believe that with all the suggestions and complaints in this forum, the DJI "relevant team" would have been busy fixing important stuff and urgently...

Did someone here really asked for different voices???

What's next? Coloured coordinated underwear for different flying days of the week?

Please DJI, try to concentrate on the real issues before it is too late...

For instance, the new RC2 with the external antenna is good news. Thank you for fixing one issue...
2023-6-30
Use props
djiuser_YpGOg4j3igkm
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-28 19:20
Hi, Darkpaw. Thank you for reaching out. In the past, many pilots complained that the default voice is very robotic that's why the new voice (Xiaoice) has been implemented. With Xiaoice, now every time you take off and land, there will be a gentle voice to remind you, so that every flight experience has a pleasant listening experience. In addition, many novices could only understand the lecturer's courses through subtitles when they studied at DJI Academy, but for learners, this experience is not friendly. Therefore, We have added English dubbing to help you learn the aerial photography course more easily at DJI Academy.

I do it like the new voice it’s awful, there should be an option for different voices. The voice is so monotone.
2023-9-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_YpGOg4j3igkm Posted at 9-14 12:29
I do it like the new voice it’s awful, there should be an option for different voices. The voice is so monotone.

Thank you for your feedback. We will gather this concern of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for attention. For the latest news and updates, you may subscribe to our official website at https://www.dji.com/global. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-9-24
Use props
ian.ct
lvl.1
Flight distance : 204321 ft

United Kingdom

I also don't like the new voice.  The old voice was futuristic and super-cool and easy to understand.  PLEASE PLEASE BRING IT BACK!
1-14 12:57
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules