Mini 3 Pro "max flight distance reached" frustrating!
3122 20 2023-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaybeJaybe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2057 ft
United Kingdom

I have googled this pretty extensively and I have yet to find a suitable solution. I've also been in contact with DJI twice today and they also can't help apparently. Any time I use automated functions like MasterShot i get the error message "max flight distance reached. Adjust aircraft distance and start again". The problem is, I'm not even far from the subject so it's definitely within the limits set in-app. The only work around I have found is to move the home point right next to the subject but that's not very helpful when I want to use that as a safety feature, or it's not a good place to actually come back to. Anyone know of any work around at all?! I can't even reinstall the firmware according to DJI Assistant. Incredibly frustrating.

2023-6-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. May I ask what version of the DJI Fly app you have? May I also confirm your highest flight altitude? For your feedback on our services, could you please confirm through which method you contacted our support? I look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you.
2023-6-29
Use props
hesveymartin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192825 ft
Philippines

Maybe you can check "Max Distance" setpoint under Safety > Flight Protection > Max Distance? hope this helps..

2023-6-29
Use props
MaybeJaybe
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 6-29 15:42
Hi. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. May I ask what version of the DJI Fly app you have? May I also confirm your highest flight altitude? For your feedback on our services, could you please confirm through which method you contacted our support? I look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you.

The latest version so it’s set to the highest I can go at 120 meters. I contacted through the online chat service. It was painfully slow.
2023-6-29
Use props
MaybeJaybe
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hesveymartin Posted at 6-29 21:34
Maybe you can check "Max Altitude" setpoint under Safety > Flight Protection > Max Altitude? hope this helps..

[view_image]

I have distance set to unlimited and height to 120 meters. I wasn’t even flying anywhere near that high.
2023-6-29
Use props
hesveymartin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192825 ft
Philippines

MaybeJaybe Posted at 6-29 22:15
I have distance set to unlimited and height to 120 meters. I wasn’t even flying anywhere near that high.

Did you notice the number or strength of GPS signal during your flight?
2023-6-29
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

can you check, whether you are connected to your DJI-account?
If not, there are some restrictions which can cause your problem.
Or are you using a prop-guard?
2023-6-29
Use props
MaybeJaybe
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hesveymartin Posted at 6-29 22:39
[view_image]

It happens no matter where I am and the gps has typically been good.
2023-6-29
Use props
MaybeJaybe
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hesveymartin Posted at 6-29 22:39
[view_image]

It happens no matter where I am and the gps has typically been good.
2023-6-29
Use props
MaybeJaybe
lvl.1
United Kingdom

UweE Posted at 6-29 22:59
can you check, whether you are connected to your DJI-account?
If not, there are some restrictions which can cause your problem.
Or are you using a prop-guard?

I’m connected. Saw somewhere that logging out and in again my fix the problem but it didn’t. Not using a prop guard no.
2023-6-29
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12477300 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

MaybeJaybe Posted at 6-29 23:04
I’m connected. Saw somewhere that logging out and in again my fix the problem but it didn’t. Not using a prop guard no.

HI,

Fly again, screen record your flight.

Share the screen recording and your flightlog for this issue.

Use > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/   post the uploaded link on here
(add video on here  or  put a cloud link to the video)

cheers
JJB

2023-6-30
Use props
MaybeJaybe
lvl.1
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 6-30 04:35
HI,

Fly again, screen record your flight.

Already done this and sent to DJI upon their request
2023-6-30
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12477300 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

MaybeJaybe Posted at 6-30 04:38
Already done this and sent to DJI upon their request

oke,  but if you like to get second and often better opinion....share your log ect
2023-6-30
Use props
WN1X
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37884 ft
United States

Post the link to your log so others can comment on it, besides DJI.
2023-6-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

MaybeJaybe Posted at 6-29 22:14
The latest version so it’s set to the highest I can go at 120 meters. I contacted through the online chat service. It was painfully slow.

Thank you for the information. DJI Fly has been updated to v1.10.6. Could you please update the DJI app and check again? Please download the latest version from our official website at https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly If the issue persists, please let us know. Thank you.
2023-6-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

MaybeJaybe Posted at 6-29 22:14
The latest version so it’s set to the highest I can go at 120 meters. I contacted through the online chat service. It was painfully slow.

Hi there, we notice our team has provided you with the corresponding suggestion in the email. May I ask if you have tested it? If the issue still exists, please let us know.
2023-7-7
Use props
tazzt0ne
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1240184 ft
Switzerland

ok my mini3pro also encountered this for the first time while doing hyperlapses.
as can be seen on screenshot i get this warning "Aircraft max flight distance reached. Hyperlapse exited" as soon as i start the hyperlapse. the image counter just stays at 0 and the drone idles, even though the red button indicates the hyperlapse has started.
on 2nd screen u can see my max distance is actually set much higher.

what is the reason for this behavior?
using latest dji fly app and firmware.
PhotoGrid_1695930899648.jpg
2023-9-28
Use props
fansc08a1af2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4658087 ft
United States

I can attest to this issue too but I’m flying my new Mavic 3 Pro. I’m in class C airspace with proper authorization and I can not use my intelligent flight modes without getting that same error message. I’m out on a job and this is extremely frustrating and losing me money… Using the RC Pro and ALL firmware and software are 100% up to date on all systems. DJI this is unacceptable to spend $4k on a drone system and still have these money crippling bugs. This is where competitors are born.
2023-10-28
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

fansc08a1af2 Posted at 10-28 16:47
I can attest to this issue too but I’m flying my new Mavic 3 Pro. I’m in class C airspace with proper authorization and I can not use my intelligent flight modes without getting that same error message. I’m out on a job and this is extremely frustrating and losing me money… Using the RC Pro and ALL firmware and software are 100% up to date on all systems. DJI this is unacceptable to spend $4k on a drone system and still have these money crippling bugs. This is where competitors are born.

After doing some research I can see that this has popped up from time to time over the years. Most often it was after a firmware update when settings were put back to default.
The most common fix was logging off. Shutting down the Fly app and restarting and logging back in and resetting all your parameters.
Sorry - that's all I've got if you already tried that.
2023-10-28
Use props
Ren2024
New

Philippines

Hi Admin,

Permission to post!

I would like to ask for help with regards to my Mini 3 Pro drone. It prompted an error: "Aircraft Max Flight Distance Reached," even though the settings for the distance were set to no limit. I am using an RC controller.

I hope someone helps me.

Thanks!
4-9 18:53
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Ren2024 Posted at 4-9 18:53
Hi Admin,

Permission to post!

Hello, Ren2024. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you try to perform a test flight in a different location to check if the issue persists? Also, please check the location that you are flying if it is within the DJI No-Fly zone as flying in these areas is restricted. If the issue persists, download the DJI Assistant 2 software and update/refresh the firmware of both the aircraft and remote controller. Please keep us posted.

DJI Assistant 2 software: https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... sumer-drones-series
4-10 23:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules