1260 4 2015-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adamastor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 616079 ft

South Africa

Question...

How can I fly with the ultrasonic sensor for establishing height above ground?
I do missions over very uneven terrain.
I start at say 25m height on the display bottom left in the App and then had to drop manually to about 4m to still clear a fixed height obstacle low enough to see details clearly.
This is very confusing...

In other words, how can I set a flight path height to clear fixed height obstacles, but follow the uneven terrain?
This could be power lines for instance, in semi mountainous terrain.

2015-8-28
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

If you're flying near power lines, you're doing it wrong.
That's a no go.

As far as I'm aware there's no software available that reads altitude on the fly and adjusts itself according to terrain variations relying on the barometer.
Even when and if DJI's autopilot comes out, the flight has to be pre-programmed from point A to B and it's respective altitudes.
2015-8-28
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.2

South Africa

Hey Linolens

Thanks for the reply...

Well... then I just have to wait for the "autopilot / waypoint flight" from DJI - if it ever materializes.
And yes, I was sort of expecting to pre-program the co-ordinates plus the height above ground for the entire route.

For now I'll just keep on following the aircraft in close proximity to keep out of trouble
2015-8-29
Use props
InspireHelp
lvl.2

United States

I doubt we'll see any apps that auto fly the Inspire 1 at a set altitude above the ground. That would require the use of VPS -- and, that sensor is not accurate enough when over certain types of terrain to safely take on such a mission.

www.InspireHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Inspire.
Inspires in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-29
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.2

South Africa

Hey InspireHelp

Thanks for the reply...

So I won't be able to fly it like a MQ-9 Reaper... damn!
2015-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules