Drone felt down, totally crashed.
492 10 2023-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Irsc7gDDchMv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 345912 ft

United States

As I told in the topic, it felt down. It was unexpected, because I bought it maybe month ago, and it was fine, everything was just fine.I was just trying get some fine clips,I lost signal for a second, then signal appeared in a moment, and drone just fell down.I got some problems with gimbal, before I went on this fly, I just calibrated the gimbal again, and it was fine, but after a moment, it happened. Results: Gimbal is almost fine, camera are totally crashed and not connected to the gimbal, 4 propellers are broken, I'm not satisfied. I changed the propellers, drone is working, camera too. I think I will try to glue the camera on gimbal, before I will contact the dji support, and ask for repair.Also will be fine if someone will told can I glue the camera on gimbal or not. That's one of the ways, how you easily can crash your mini 2.Also, it was bot that big altitude, like 30-40m up.

All drone

All drone

Camera

Camera

Propellers

Propellers
2023-6-30
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

You might be able to glue the camera back on, but that will only work for a couple flights.
2023-6-30
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

Also, don't waste too much time with DJI support. They probably won't help you unless you have DJI refresh
2023-6-30
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Forget the glue and other diy. Open a repair case with DjI. They will give you a quote, then probably send you a replacement drone. Should take about a week.
2023-6-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_Irsc7gDDchMv. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about what happened. We don't recommend gluing the gimbal back for safety purposes, please send the unit for proper diagnosis and repair. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2023-6-30
Use props
hesveymartin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192825 ft
Philippines

Sorry to read about what happened to your mini 2. you said that the signal reappeared after losing it for a second, right? did the crash happen right then (after restoring signal)? did you notice if the signal is connected during the entire crash? was your "Remote Controller Signal Lost" option set to Return-to-home, Landing, or Hover? I'm also a mini 2 user so I'm afraid this might also happen with me. Advanced thanks for your inputs..
2023-6-30
Use props
djiuser_Irsc7gDDchMv
lvl.1

United States

Signal reappeared, then it crashed, but signal wasn't able while drone was falling down,it was saying weak signal with grey screen, and then RC disconnected after a moment. When RC disconnected option, was set to RTH.
2023-6-30
Use props
djiuser_Irsc7gDDchMv
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-30 18:12
Hi, djiuser_Irsc7gDDchMv. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about what happened. We don't recommend gluing the gimbal back for safety purposes, please send the unit for proper diagnosis and repair. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.

I don't have DJI refresh,so I don't think that I have enough money to change the gimbal.
2023-6-30
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

wow  bad crash and damage.

If you like   share your flightlog, use this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Post the uploaded link on here

Log might explain what happend just before if dropped down.

cheers
JJB
2023-7-1
Use props
the_hefay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 358005 ft
Peru

My drone fell from pretty high up as I was flying it in way to cold and humid of conditions but that's another story. Anyways, the point is the gimbal arm broke. I found a good tutorial on YouTube to disconnect the gimbal so I could glue it back together. Six months and several flights later it still works fine. If you can't get help from DJI Support or can't afford a repair, then a little glue might be your only option and if done right, should be fine.
2023-7-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_Irsc7gDDchMv Posted at 6-30 20:08
I don't have DJI refresh,so I don't think that I have enough money to change the gimbal.

Hi, djiuser_Irsc7gDDchMv. We understand, however, we just would like to highly suggest it as there might be a safety risk if you just glue the gimbal. You may just want to send it to check how much it will cost for the repair. If you don't want to proceed with the repair then you may request to send the drone back as is.
2023-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules