Dead Mavic Air?
843 5 2023-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grguthrie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3593 ft
United States

I haven't flown my Mavic Air for about a year, so I recharged he batterie and controller (they still had charge!), and tried it.

But - the app on my Android phone would not run, and I had to go to the DJI site for a replacement.upgrade (not available in Google store anymore). Installing and running DJI-Fly app, it does not have an option for the Mavic-Air, only Mavic-AIr2 - I hope that will work?

The controller doesn't start; all the lights show up as fully charged, then go out. the app then says - no device connected.

The drone doesn't start, even though the battery is fully charged. Pushing the start button - no signs of life. Connecting power trough USB-C, no sign of life.

Seems pretty odd if everything failed all at once?

Any hints?!

2023-7-1
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Mavic Air uses the DJI Go4 app, not DJI Fly. Download it from DJI.
As for powering up on the drone and controller, you have to press and release the power button, then immediately press and hold it for a few seconds. Then it will start, if the batteries have charge.
Here is the Go4 app: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

2023-7-1
Use props
grguthrie
lvl.2
United States

ArcticPhoto Posted at 7-1 13:48
Mavic Air uses the DJI Go4 app, not DJI Fly. Download it from DJI.
As for powering up on the drone and controller, you have to press and release the power button, then immediately press and hold it for a few seconds. Then it will start, if the batteries have charge.
Here is the Go4 app: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

Thanks! I had forgotten the button push sequence for the controller - yes, it does start. I will download the proper App software for the Air, thanks again.

The drone, still unresponsive - battery all good - any ideas?
It all worked fine when I last used it.
2023-7-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

grguthrie Posted at 7-1 14:57
Thanks! I had forgotten the button push sequence for the controller - yes, it does start. I will download the proper App software for the Air, thanks again.

The drone, still unresponsive - battery all good - any ideas?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Please try to download the DJI Go 4 app on your mobile device then run again the setup process to see if the issue persists. You may check the link below as I extract the official tutorial for the DJI Mavic Air for your reference. If you still experience an issue after connecting all the devices, please provide us a screenshot of the error message showing on the app so we can check. Keep us posted. Thank you.

https://youtube.com/playlist?lis ... Uh22SeX-_Jyb_dMJEss
2023-7-1
Use props
grguthrie
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-1 18:33
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Please try to download the DJI Go 4 app on your mobile device then run again the setup process to see if the issue persists. You may check the link below as I extract the official tutorial for the DJI Mavic Air for your reference. If you still experience an issue after connecting all the devices, please provide us a screenshot of the error message showing on the app so we can check. Keep us posted. Thank you.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL65kukZorPdMj0Uh22SeX-_Jyb_dMJEss

Thank you; yes, I did download he proper app, and now the controller & app will start.

I was not using the proper startup for the drone, now it seems OK - silly operator error(s) after long period of non-usage!
2023-7-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

grguthrie Posted at 7-1 19:38
Thank you; yes, I did download he proper app, and now the controller & app will start.

I was not using the proper startup for the drone, now it seems OK - silly operator error(s) after long period of non-usage!

Perfect! We're glad that you already managed to fix the issue. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules