Osmo Action 3 disables HorizonSteady when LiveStreaming
665 6 2023-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maxx2206
lvl.2
Germany

Hi,

I'm just curious.. i tried Livestreaming today with my Osmo Action 3 and was surprised to see that as soon as I enter the Live Stream settings, the Action 3 disables HorizonSteady and starts transmitting in vertical mode (its mounted vertically for mechanical/space reasons).

Any chance i can stop it from doing that?

regards...

2023-7-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please provide us a short video showing the operation issue so we can check it further? You may upload the video via Google Drive or Youtube so we can check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-7-2
Use props
Maxx2206
lvl.2
Germany

Hi,

I'll try to hook upo a short video showing it but it is really simple:

I have enabled display lock and horizon steady on the camera. It works perfectly when i mount it vertically on my helmet mount (it's more central this way plus i can see part of the screen which tells me when the camera is running or when e.g. the stream was interrupted while i ride).

however, as soon as i enter the live streaming setup in dji mimo, the camera instantly turns the view 90 degrees and shows a horizontal image, which it also sort of broadcasts (live stream is 16:9, but the image is 90 degree flipped.

2023-7-9
Use props
Maxx2206
lvl.2
Germany

Maxx2206 Posted at 7-9 01:53
Hi,

I'll try to hook upo a short video showing it but it is really simple:

Hi,

ok... just a minor update.
I was curious and tested a few more things...

It turned out the "problem" isn't limited to the Action 3 only.
In fact, it's a general issues with live streaming disabling horizon steady.

I used one of my Action 2's, enabled horizon steady and mounted it sideways.
It works like a charm out of a box - I have used ths feature a few times on my Helmet.

However, as soon as you enter livestream settings in DJI Mimo, the video flips 90 degrees sideways and the orientation on the camera screen is upwards again.
This results in a livestream of a video with a sideways flipped orientation.

Has trhis behaviour just been overseen or is ther a plausible reason why horizon steady (on both, the Action 2 and the Action 3) works in pretty much all situations except for live streaming?

I really shouldn't having to record it and upload it since the way to reproduce this is very simple and straightforward:
enable horizonsteady, flip your camera, see the image orientation work perfectly until you enter live stream settings in DJI Mimo, then watch the video stream just flip sideways.
When you leave the lkivestream mode, the image flips back and into working horizontsteady mode.
2023-7-12
Use props
Maxx2206
lvl.2
Germany

Hi,

any more update on whether this is something the development team is going to work on or not?

Since i've made clear that the "issue" is easily reproducable any time with either camera (action2, osmo action 3) it's clearly related to the way the mimo app controls the camera.

However, if you insist on seeing a video please reply, then I will create one and see where to upload it.

I really love all the individual features related to it.. the balancing, the vertical mode and the easyness of using the mimo app to start a live stream.
but when you combine these three aspects and suddenly the result is completely screwed up it's just disappointing.

regards...
2023-8-6
Use props
Maxx2206
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-2 19:13
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please provide us a short video showing the operation issue so we can check it further? You may upload the video via Google Drive or Youtube so we can check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi,

"Please keep us posted"

What a disappointing reply looking at it after I already have updated the post with more details and SEVERAL attempts to receive an answer on the current status of the original question.

Since this issue isn't related to a specific camera, but the interaction between the DJI Mimo App and the existing cameras, I have to assume the same isse applies to the OSMO ACTION 4, keeping the topic up to date to this moment.

I'm getting increasinlgy disappointed.
I have bought a decent number of pretty costly DJI gear in a relatively short amount of time, and it seems the same things keep repeating over and over. But if the support over essential functional discrepancies starts to lack, things get critical tbh...
2023-8-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Maxx2206 Posted at 8-7 05:54
Hi,

"Please keep us posted"

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. I will record this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. If ever you respond to us, please hit the "reply" button so we can be notified when you reply. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support!
2023-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules