784 18 2023-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SnowSkier Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

Hello,

Made some test shots with the mini3pro and the final result was a jittering video, but only when I shoot in manual(pro mode). If in Auto, the video is fine.

I was shooting in 4K, 25 fps with ND64 filter. When I pan right you can notice the jittering. Even when ascending.

This other vídeo is in Auto mode with quickshots circle. 1920x1080 30fps, Smooth, no jittering.

This third video I made with 4K 30 fps ND32 Filter. Can you tell the difference?

Obviously, only when I shoot in 30 fps it works good.
Am I doing something wrong here? Should I go back to 30 fps instead of 24, 25? I know for granted that at night it's always better to use 24, 25 fps due to the flickering lights. But this means I'm limited! It shouldn't happen! Because... what's the point of having other video modes?
Does anyone can help on this?

2023-7-2
Use props
WN1X
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37884 ft
United States

What shutter speed were you using? At 24 fps, I would suggest 1/60.
2023-7-2
Use props
SnowSkier Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

WN1X Posted at 7-2 15:07
What shutter speed were you using? At 24 fps, I would suggest 1/60.

I was using 1/50 as I was at 25fps...
I will try it.
2023-7-2
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Few things to note.
1. what you see as jitter is actually motion blur just the right amount of motion shooting at 25fps with shutter 1/50. The speed you are flying is giving that motion more pronounced effect, if that is what you wanted its fine else slow down.
2. The problem is you are panning & going up /down way too fast & then wonder why your pan looks jittery.
3. If your aim is to shoot so called cinematic look then you need to be in cine mode slow & steady motion only.
4. Ditch the Manual mode as most of the time drone is away from subject far up, use Auto mode with ND 64 or ND32 should get the video with better quality.  

Hope this helps.
2023-7-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Try 50fps
2023-7-3
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

You have everything as it should be.
Need to move slower or use 30-60fps
2023-7-3
Use props
SnowSkier Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

Just made another quick test with 24, 25, 30 and 50 fps.
My conclusion, Daylight 4K 30 fps 1/60, night 4K 25 fps 1/50 and that's it. Those are the smoothest footage I can get.

2023-7-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is that jitter or a bit of motion blur?  Seems more like motion blur.
2023-7-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, SnowSkier Pilot. Thank you for reaching out. Let me forward these videos to our relevant team for further checking. I'll get back to you once we receive an update.
2023-7-4
Use props
SnowSkier Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-4 06:11
Is that jitter or a bit of motion blur?  Seems more like motion blur.

well, if motion blur was caused by the ND64 filter, then I'd say it can't be. Or else these freewells I bought aren't great (and they aren't, they make a lot of reflections and have a slight green cast in the corners). Don't forget that I'm on PAL and not NTSC, which could cause some jittering as well, similar to the flickering lights at night, on a different way.... But anyway, all modes should work correctly.
2023-7-4
Use props
SnowSkier Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-4 06:25
Hi, SnowSkier Pilot. Thank you for reaching out. Let me forward these videos to our relevant team for further checking. I'll get back to you once we receive an update.

Thank You DJI Gamora
2023-7-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

SnowSkier Pilot Posted at 7-4 16:09
well, if motion blur was caused by the ND64 filter, then I'd say it can't be. Or else these freewells I bought aren't great (and they aren't, they make a lot of reflections and have a slight green cast in the corners). Don't forget that I'm on PAL and not NTSC, which could cause some jittering as well, similar to the flickering lights at night, on a different way.... But anyway, all modes should work correctly.

Indeed, all modes should work correctly.  
2023-7-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, SnowSkier Pilot. Thank you for patiently waiting. We now received feedback from our relevant. They are as follows:
1. When an aircraft flies horizontally or rotates, the relative motion trajectory between the camera, object, and scene within the exposure time is long. Motion blur will become more apparent when the motion trajectory in the exposure duration is relatively longer. To avoid the motion blur effect caused by the relative motion between the camera, object, and scene, you can choose to lower the shutter speed, lower the aircraft movement speed, or track the object with a camera.
2. Please try to use a higher bitrate and lower the video resolution to see if the issue still persists;
3. Please confirm the players that you are using. Please try these following players: PotPlayer(1.7.7145), VLC Player(3.0.8), KMPlayer;
4. Please pls try to format the SD card after backing up or switch to internal storage to have a try;
5. Please refresh the firmware version using the DJI Assistant 2 then have a try;
If the issue still persists after following the recommendations above, please provide us with the firmware version, app version, and operation video showing the above troubleshooting. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-7-5
Use props
SnowSkier Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-5 07:40
Hi, SnowSkier Pilot. Thank you for patiently waiting. We now received feedback from our relevant. They are as follows:
1. When an aircraft flies horizontally or rotates, the relative motion trajectory between the camera, object, and scene within the exposure time is long. Motion blur will become more apparent when the motion trajectory in the exposure duration is relatively longer. To avoid the motion blur effect caused by the relative motion between the camera, object, and scene, you can choose to lower the shutter speed, lower the aircraft movement speed, or track the object with a camera.
2. Please try to use a higher bitrate and lower the video resolution to see if the issue still persists;

Hi.

Ok, I will make some more tests regarding your advice to check if the problem still continues.
Thank You
2023-7-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SnowSkier Pilot Posted at 7-5 11:38
Hi.

Ok, I will make some more tests regarding your advice to check if the problem still continues.

You're welcome. Please keep us posted.
2023-7-9
Use props
JLB768
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1259715 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue on a nine month old Mini 3 Pro. It was fine a couple months ago, updated to the latest firmware the other day, now I've got choppy video. It doesn't matter whether I'm in pro/auto, 4k30 or 4k60, it's choppy in all directions. I've tried two cards, and internal, both cards and internal with cache off...Makes no difference. It was fine when I parked it on the shelf a couple months ago, fired it up for 4th of July, it said new firmware, updated, and now have issues. I'll just park it again till a new firmware update comes out.
2023-7-9
Use props
SnowSkier Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

JLB768 Posted at 7-9 06:26
I'm having the same issue on a nine month old Mini 3 Pro. It was fine a couple months ago, updated to the latest firmware the other day, now I've got choppy video. It doesn't matter whether I'm in pro/auto, 4k30 or 4k60, it's choppy in all directions. I've tried two cards, and internal, both cards and internal with cache off...Makes no difference. It was fine when I parked it on the shelf a couple months ago, fired it up for 4th of July, it said new firmware, updated, and now have issues. I'll just park it again till a new firmware update comes out.

Hi,

Well, that's not the same problem. In other configurations, like 30fps or even 25fps at night it works fine. Still have to try with other ND's, maybe that's the issue i'm having.
Your problem seems different as any mode you use you got bad video.
2023-7-9
Use props
SnowSkier Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

Here's a small video I made on the day of these issues with "jittering" footage that you can notice. Filmed in 25fps with ND64.
This is a military zone and to use my drone I had to get some permissions, so I didn't go very far from the place I was filming.

2023-7-9
Use props
JLB768
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1259715 ft
United States

SnowSkier Pilot Posted at 7-9 08:35
Hi,

Well, that's not the same problem. In other configurations, like 30fps or even 25fps at night it works fine. Still have to try with other ND's, maybe that's the issue i'm having.

Yep, I found my issue, it was firmware, but not DJI. Seems that some tweaks I made to my global nvidia driver settings, didn't agree with the Mini 3 Pro. I happened upon it by accident, when a short video shown on a Dolby app, was doing exactly the same thing as the Mini 3. Reset global Nvidia to default, smooth as butter.
2023-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules