M3T Gimbal pitch Changes mid mapping
733 1 2023-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric40
lvl.1

United States

So I recently purchased a mavic 3 Enterprise thermal. I've entered the world of being a full-time drone pilot. It has been absolutely fantastic DJI has made the equipment very easy to use and it's been very reliable so far.....
This is where my problem comes in, I recently was mapping a solar farm and the gimbal pitch was set at - 48° because the panels were broken and I was trying to get the best angle possible on them even though they should have been flat at that point in time during the day.
I started the mission and I got 17% of the way through and the Drone beeped and then changed the gimbal position to- 90°. Now I've had this happen before and all I do is hit the pause button reset the parameters (aka move thumb wheels) and the Drone flies back to the pause point and takes off like normal this time it would not put the gimbal position back to the parameters that were set in the map settings. So even when I stopped the flight and restarted it and double checked my map settings in the DJI pilot 2 app which were set to negative 48 gimbal pitch saved. And still after 17% it would change down to 90°.
  At this point I was super frustrated and just mapped the whole field at that position, the only thing that I was wondering that maybe could fix this would using my rtk base station??? I also got some weird errors saying that something was entering the atmosphere some kind of airplane but there was nothing to be seen in the sky.
I have yet to take the Drone out and test this error again she was happened I'm hoping it was just a weird function for the day but has anyone experienced this issue and if so how can I fix this issue. Because I did power cycle a drone I did go back in and resave the map and even though it still got to that point it still switched down I don't know what was happening. Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks Pilots
2023-7-2
Use props
djiuser_LO6gvqQ3hE96
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2514469 ft
United States

Did you find an answer, this happened to me and my partner doing a solar farm today.  Both the constant gimbal reset to -90 and the entering DJI zone, airplane near messages.
2023-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules