D-RTK 2 Mobile Station
1794 11 2023-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexagarcia
lvl.2

Belgium

Hello everyone

My name is Alexa, Im kinda of new in the drones world. Recently I read that the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station can be used as a rover and it caught my attention because I need to mark countour lines in the field and I think the Mobile Station can be an option to do so in a more precise way, so I'd appreciate the input anyone can give regarding this subjects.

P.D. I am a spanish native speaker, so im sorry for my mistakes.
2023-7-3
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

You need the P4RTK RC (with Built-in screen version). Then yes it is possible to use it to mark point.
Also you may be intesrested by post nr 2 here : https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=284029
2023-7-3
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Using the D-RTK 2 as a rover sucks. If it's your only RTK GNSS I suppose it might be worth it, but using the RC as a data collector is very awkward.
2023-7-3
Use props
Lisandrasn
New

Brazil

Hello, I'm having trouble connecting the D-rtk 2 base with the collector, it's giving the error 0x8000 when I try to start.
2023-7-6
Use props
alexagarcia
lvl.2

Costa Rica

patiam Posted at 7-3 16:16
Using the D-RTK 2 as a rover sucks. If it's your only RTK GNSS I suppose it might be worth it, but using the RC as a data collector is very awkward.

Hi

Awkward in what way?
2023-7-15
Use props
Guille_Meinero
Second Officer

Argentina

alexagarcia Posted at 7-15 04:40
Hi

Awkward in what way?

It's uncomfortable in every way, the controller is too big, heavy, and difficult to hold in your hands. The button placement doesn't help much either. Additionally, when recording points, the GNSS receiver must generally be held vertically with the help of a leveling bubble, and for that, it's ideal to have both the controller mounted to the receiver with a bracket. In short... it's a nightmare. I've tried linking the DRTK2 to external controllers or my Android phone (using the Survey Master software) before, but I've never been able to.
2023-7-15
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

alexagarcia Posted at 7-15 04:40
Hi

Awkward in what way?

The description made by Guille_Meinero in #6 is perfect.
They could have opened up the use of the receiver to external devices via Bluetooth, NMEA and RTCM, it's so simple, but they didn't.
2023-7-15
Use props
Guille_Meinero
Second Officer

Argentina

LV_Forestry Posted at 7-15 08:15
They could have opened up the use of the receiver to external devices via Bluetooth, NMEA and RTCM, it's so simple, but they didn't.

And notice that I haven't even talked about the software... which basically doesn't exist, you can only save points, you can't even change coordinate systems. Definitely, the key is to enable communication from the drtk2 to other controllers.
2023-7-15
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 7-15 08:15

I'll third everything Guille_Meinero & LV_Forestry said.

The D-RTK 2 is just barely usable as a base station, and not at all as a rover. The original ones actually shipped with a mobile device holder, as if they were going to be sensible about things, but like so many "features" of DJI "enterprise" gear, that never materialized and they stopped including the device holder pretty early on.
2023-7-19
Use props
alexagarcia
lvl.2

Costa Rica

patiam Posted at 7-19 07:52
I'll third everything Guille_Meinero & LV_Forestry said.

The D-RTK 2 is just barely usable as a base station, and not at all as a rover. The original ones actually shipped with a mobile device holder, as if they were going to be sensible about things, but like so many "features" of DJI "enterprise" gear, that never materialized and they stopped including the device holder pretty early on.

I noticed the device holder on the D-RTK and wonder what was it useful for. So it initially it was thought to make the D-RTK a rover independent from the RC?
2023-7-21
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

alexagarcia Posted at 7-21 09:09
I noticed the device holder on the D-RTK and wonder what was it useful for. So it initially it was thought to make the D-RTK a rover independent from the RC?

That's the only explanation that really makes sense, for "Mode 3" which was still "*Supported later" when the D-RTK 2 first came out and included the mobile device holder. Here's the "In the box" & the page for the holder from the 2018 original v.10 User Guide (D-RTK_2_Mobile_Station_User_Guide_v1.0_EN_CHS__):

from original user guide v1.0

from original user guide v1.0
mobile_holder2.jpg
2023-7-21
Use props
Guille_Meinero
Second Officer

Argentina

alexagarcia Posted at 7-21 09:09
I noticed the device holder on the D-RTK and wonder what was it useful for. So it initially it was thought to make the D-RTK a rover independent from the RC?

Tengo otros equipos GNSS, pero aun asi... si no los tuviera no usaría jamás el DRTK2 como rover. Como mucho lo usaría para un estático (en caso de que esté lejos de casa y me haya olvidados el resto de los equipos).
I have other GNSS receivers, but even so... if I didn't have them, I would never use the DRTK2 as a rover. At most, I would use it for static purposes (in case I am far from home and have forgotten the rest of the equipment).
2023-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules