675 21 2023-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wurf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 392359 ft
Netherlands

Hi all,
With my Mini 2, I used to make wide angle shots and then get the separate shots from the drone and combine them myself using Lightroom. That way it was possible to make a very high resolution shot, way better than the exported panorama made by the Fly app.

With my Mini 3 pro though, I do get a (terribly stitched!) panorama, but can't find the 9 pictures it made before stitching them. Is this a setting, or does the RC just delete them after stitching? I would love to have the original files, as the results are way better.

Anyone?

Thanks!

Greetz,
Marcel

2023-7-5
Use props
djiuser_jR45gG8NFRzD
New

France

Bonjour, quel outil utiliser pour assembler les 35 images d'un panorama 360 ° . L'objectif étant d'obtenir le même résultat que celui fourni par DJI avec une définition supérieure .
Merci !
2023-7-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. The DJI Mini 3 Pro unstitched pano photos will be saved in the PANORAMA file folder. The stitched image will be saved in the 100MEDIA file folder. The file folders for each file of original footage of Panorama stored in F:\DCIM\PANORAMA are named and displayed by number, and the number is the same as the final photo/video name. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2023-7-5
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 951020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_jR45gG8NFRzD Posted at 7-5 21:26
Bonjour, quel outil utiliser pour assembler les 35 images d'un panorama 360 ° . L'objectif étant d'obtenir le même résultat que celui fourni par DJI avec une définition supérieure .
Merci !

Panoramastudio mostly delivers the best results. PTGui is also fine, but IMHO not as good (it was the best stitching tool 17 years ago).
2023-7-5
Use props
Wurf
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-5 21:56
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. The DJI Mini 3 Pro unstitched pano photos will be saved in the PANORAMA file folder. The stitched image will be saved in the 100MEDIA file folder. The file folders for each file of original footage of Panorama stored in F:\DCIM\PANORAMA are named and displayed by number, and the number is the same as the final photo/video name. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.

That is what I would expect, however, There is no 'panorama's folder on my SD-card whatsoever.
In DCM there's 100Media, 101Media and Misc folders. Only the stitched panorama (JPG) is in the 101Media folder. No trace of the unstitched files.They are on my ':I' drive by the way (the SD-card). F: has only folders DCIM, LOST.DIR and MISC + subfolders. DCIM is empty.
Anyone got an idea what's happening here?
2023-7-5
Use props
Wurf
lvl.2
Netherlands

panovolo Posted at 7-5 18:18
they should be in the PANORAMA folder on the sd card.

That is what I would expect, however, There is no 'panorama's folder on my SD-card whatsoever. (See my other reply on DJI Paladin for details)
2023-7-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Make sure you have Jpeg+Raw turned on and then they will be in panorama folder.   Also note that for light room to stitch the files you need to 0 the gimbal before you take the shot.  If not the results will be horrible.  
2023-7-5
Use props
Wurf
lvl.2
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 7-5 23:53
Make sure you have Jpeg+Raw turned on and then they will be in panorama folder.   Also note that for light room to stitch the files you need to 0 the gimbal before you take the shot.  If not the results will be horrible.

In the camera tab, the format is set to JPG + RAW. Nevertheless, there is NO panorama folder, only stitched panoramas.
2023-7-6
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Wurf Posted at 7-6 00:34
In the camera tab, the format is set to JPG + RAW. Nevertheless, there is NO panorama folder, only stitched panoramas.

Check if the JPG+RAW is still set if you switch the camera mode to shoot panorama images. I think this is a setting per mode.
2023-7-6
Use props
Wurf
lvl.2
Netherlands

_SoP_ Posted at 7-6 00:56
Check if the JPG+RAW is still set if you switch the camera mode to shoot panorama images. I think this is a setting per mode.

Thank you so much!!! That solved it!
I wasn't aware this setting was specific for different modes.
2023-7-6
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Wurf Posted at 7-6 01:38
Thank you so much!!! That solved it!
I wasn't aware this setting was specific for different modes.

Great to read. Have fun shooting 360° in high res
2023-7-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wurf Posted at 7-6 00:34
In the camera tab, the format is set to JPG + RAW. Nevertheless, there is NO panorama folder, only stitched panoramas.

You have to set that jpg+raw for each type of photo you take,.  So if it's set for a normal photo it may not be set for a pano.
2023-7-6
Use props
Wurf
lvl.2
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 7-6 01:43
You have to set that jpg+raw for each type of photo you take,.  So if it's set for a normal photo it may not be set for a pano.

Yes, I found it out thanks to _SOP_
2023-7-6
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

panovolo Posted at 7-6 02:52
check out panovolo.com

I already checked, but the web page does not really provide any helpful information, even no direct access to a test version. What would be the main benefits compared to other tools? What does it do better or differently? The examples are okay, but not stunning, nor convincing. I already spent money for my other tools, so there would be the need for a lot of "must haves" in order to switch to new, additional software.
2023-7-6
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144829 ft
Germany

panovolo Posted at 7-6 06:46
I think there are 3 main things compared to others
1. We support DNGs natively - so you don't need to convert DNGs to JPEGs prior to stitching. We use Adobe SDK, so the results are the same as processing with Camera RAW/LR. It will also compensate for vignetting in RAW.
2. We optimized algorithm for drones specifically, using both positional information and control point information that will give better results overall for challenging conditions

You have obviously never tested PanoramaStudio 3 Pro! Pos. 1 + 2 are handled by PS3P just as easily and regarding Pos. 3, the drone already delivers the stitched JPG itself for prior review. What the advantage of processing a whole series of panoramas should be, I do not understand.

I find the 360° examples in the gallery at https://www.panovolo.com rather off-putting: crooked horizons and perspective distortions. Look at my PS3P panos at https://www.skypixel.com/users/b ... 9-9c56-3f0497cdf4e2 . That is quality – despite the limitation Skypixels to 15000 px and JPG. With the PanoramaStudio Viewer or (even better) Pano2VR Viewer the results become really more inspiring. No comparison to the Panovolo Panos! Admittedly, compared to Lightroom's very limited performance, Panovolo does make a few points, though...
2023-7-6
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

SPLflyer Posted at 7-6 20:54
You have obviously never tested PanoramaStudio 3 Pro! Pos. 1 + 2 are handled by PS3P just as easily and regarding Pos. 3, the drone already delivers the stitched JPG itself for prior review. What the advantage of processing a whole series of panoramas should be, I do not understand.

I find the 360° examples in the gallery at https://www.panovolo.com rather off-putting: crooked horizons and perspective distortions. Look at my PS3P panos at https://www.skypixel.com/users/bdietrich-a6b200e7-d84a-4a79-9c56-3f0497cdf4e2 . That is quality – despite the limitation Skypixels to 15000 px and JPG. With the PanoramaStudio Viewer or (even better) Pano2VR Viewer the results become really more inspiring. No comparison to the Panovolo Panos! Admittedly, compared to Lightroom's very limited performance, Panovolo does make a few points, though...

Thanks, I also can say that topics 1 and 2 are very nicely handled by Panoramastudio. Since I don't use LR at all, I can't say anything about that.
I also invite to look at the 360° section of my homepage for results of both PTGui and Panoramastudio:
https://www.spirit-of-photography.com/galerie/pano/index.shtml
2023-7-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wurf Posted at 7-6 02:18
Yes, I found it out thanks to _SOP_

Well I did tell you that before SOP,  you just didnt check your settings.    You need to check this regularly too as it will reset to defaults at random.
2023-7-7
Use props
Wurf
lvl.2
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 7-7 01:27
Well I did tell you that before SOP,  you just didnt check your settings.    You need to check this regularly too as it will reset to defaults at random.

I noticed it now. Didn't fully check the end of your sentence ;-)...but for some reason SOP's reply was posted earlier, even though your timestamp says something different.

Anyway, I am happy, my problem is solved thanks to this forum.
Would be great if I got this answer from DJI though...
2023-7-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Wurf Posted at 7-5 23:21
That is what I would expect, however, There is no 'panorama's folder on my SD-card whatsoever.
In DCM there's 100Media, 101Media and Misc folders. Only the stitched panorama (JPG) is in the 101Media folder. No trace of the unstitched files.They are on my ':I' drive by the way (the SD-card). F: has only folders DCIM, LOST.DIR and MISC + subfolders. DCIM is empty.
Anyone got an idea what's happening here?

Sorry for the late response, Wurf. We're glad that you already managed to isolate the issue that you experience with the assistance of our fellow DJI Pilot. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-7-7
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

_SoP_ Posted at 7-6 21:42
Thanks, I also can say that topics 1 and 2 are very nicely handled by Panoramastudio. Since I don't use LR at all, I can't say anything about that.
I also invite to look at the 360° section of my homepage for results of both PTGui and Panoramastudio:
https://www.spirit-of-photography.com/galerie/pano/index.shtml

Wonderful collection of panoramic works.
2023-7-7
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Ranjan Posted at 7-7 06:33
Wonderful collection of panoramic works.

Thank you. I started in 2006 with my DSLR on a nodal ninja panoramic head and a 15mm fisheye, stitched with command line panorama tools (no GUI at that time) Nowadays, creating 360s is much more easy.
2023-7-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wurf Posted at 7-7 04:00
I noticed it now. Didn't fully check the end of your sentence ;-)...but for some reason SOP's reply was posted earlier, even though your timestamp says something different.

Anyway, I am happy, my problem is solved thanks to this forum.

Well if you take the date into account I posted it 41 minutes before SOP.
2023-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules