4883 56 2023-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonDaron
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157841 ft
France

Hi,

There is something wrong with the way lightroom displays DNG files from the M3P. Colors are off, espedialy greens.
HDR merging files gives an oversaturated image. Same issue with all 3 cameras in the M3P

You can workaround with a colorchecker and baking your own color profiles. But this is realy inconvenient !

I don't know if the issue comes from the DJI side or the Adobe's side but everything look fine when the same files are edited in Capture One.

There was absolutely not such an issue with the 800€ Mavic Air 2S.

I have hundreds of files to process each day, in this state, using M3P files is a real pain.

Is DJI aware of this issue, is there a fix on the way ?  The price of the M3P was no joke, I hope the color management will be no joke anymore.

Thanks
2023-7-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, TonDaron. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please share with us sample DNG files for further checking? Please upload them to a shareable link like Google Drive or DropBox and send the link via PM. We will wait for your reply. Thank you.
2023-7-4
Use props
TonDaron
lvl.2
France

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-4 00:50
Hi, TonDaron. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please share with us sample DNG files for further checking? Please upload them to a shareable link like Google Drive or DropBox and send the link via PM. We will wait for your reply. Thank you.

https://we.tl/t-QC68RViVVY

There is a color checker in the picture.

In my opinion, there is an issue with either the colorprofile embedded with the DNG files or with the way Lightroom proccess the DNG (or at least the HDR merge). Pictures are way too saturated
2023-7-4
Use props
Merak75
lvl.2
Flight distance : 810325 ft
United States

Lightroom doesn’t treat the files as raw. The only two color profiles I get to choose is color or monochrome, just like with jpegs. Something isn’t right
2023-7-8
Use props
Bruce Wayne
lvl.1
Flight distance : 196778 ft

Italy

Is there a resolution to this yet? I thought I was going crazy when I was importing my RAW Mavic 3 Pro files into Lightroom and I would watch them change colour drastically 1second after they were imported. But I stumbled across this thread and realised it wasn't just me. I can only use the 'colour' and 'monochrome' profiles. I had a look at a few RAW photos I took with my Mavic 2 Pro and I have the ability to chose from a number of different profiles...Not sure why its just an issue with the Mavic 3 Pro but it's pretty annoying. I think it might be an Adobe thing to fix because both Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 3 Pro drones I have have been set using the same photo settings. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.
2023-8-1
Use props
Bruce Wayne
lvl.1

Italy

Is there a resolution to this yet? I thought I was going crazy when I was importing my RAW Mavic 3 Pro files into Lightroom and I would watch them change colour drastically 1second after they were imported. But I stumbled across this thread and realised it wasn't just me. I can only use the 'colour' and 'monochrome' profiles. I had a look at a few RAW photos I took with my Mavic 2 Pro and I have the ability to chose from a number of different profiles...Not sure why its just an issue with the Mavic 3 Pro but it's pretty annoying. I think it might be an Adobe thing to fix because both Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 3 Pro drones I have have been set using the same photo settings. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.
2023-8-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

TonDaron Posted at 7-4 05:39

https://we.tl/t-QC68RViVVY

Hi, TonDaron. Thank you for the link however, our relevant team could not view the files anymore. Could you please upload them to a Google Drive or Drop Box instead?
2023-8-1
Use props
djiuser_KWc9tkKSqH4c
lvl.1

United States

I seem to be having the same problem with my M350 and P1. We took some jobsite photos and I was disappointed with the colors right out of it. The settings may not be perfect though. We have a job with red dirt and it made it look insanely red. Another is more lighter sandy color and it made the whole photo hazy. here is a link to some of the photos     https://twxdronepictures.egnyte.com/fl/gvSJH82OTj
2023-8-1
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

djiuser_KWc9tkKSqH4c Posted at 8-1 06:30
I seem to be having the same problem with my M350 and P1. We took some jobsite photos and I was disappointed with the colors right out of it. The settings may not be perfect though. We have a job with red dirt and it made it look insanely red. Another is more lighter sandy color and it made the whole photo hazy. here is a link to some of the photos     https://twxdronepictures.egnyte.com/fl/gvSJH82OTj

Here is one of your photos of the red sand. I opened it in Camera Raw, and took a screen capture. No adjustments were made.
This looks much more natural than the preview on your website, where the sand was very red.

2023-8-1
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

This is what your DNG file looks like on your website:

2023-8-1
Use props
djiuser_KWc9tkKSqH4c
lvl.1

United States

Yeah that is what I was seeing in lightroom as well. I will start using camera raw from now on. although I'm not sure the photos were taken with the correct settings. or maybe lightroom was auto applying a preset or something
2023-8-1
Use props
djiuser_KWc9tkKSqH4c
lvl.1

United States

ArcticPhoto Posted at 8-1 07:26
Here is one of your photos of the red sand. I opened it in Camera Raw, and took a screen capture. No adjustments were made.
This looks much more natural than the preview on your website, where the sand was very red.

Something Weird too is half of my presets don't work on the files from the p1
2023-8-1
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

I do not understand why some people seem to have problems with the colour rendition in DNG-files opened in Lightroom. I have several Raw-files from the Mavic 3 Pro, and I also have the JPG-files as a reference. The camera was set to shoot both JPG and RAW.
All these RAW-files opened in Camera Raw look perfectly fine, and compared to the JPG's they look as they should - less contrast, slightly desaturated colour, slightly unsharp. That is what RAW-files are supposed to look like before adjustment.
I understand that Lightroom has the same RAW development engine as Camera Raw, but there may be differences I am not aware of, I do not use Lightroom.
2023-8-1
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

djiuser_KWc9tkKSqH4c Posted at 8-1 07:30
Yeah that is what I was seeing in lightroom as well. I will start using camera raw from now on. although I'm not sure the photos were taken with the correct settings. or maybe lightroom was auto applying a preset or something

Yes, I think this is a Lightroom problem.
2023-8-1
Use props
TonDaron
lvl.2
France

Hi All,

I'm preparing a folder with files, charts and feedbacks. I'l give you the link soon

For now , here are some files : https://serv.marc-allenbach.pro:5001/sharing/g1WMAjcdf

There is a simple statement to make from DJI team that is capital :

MAVIC 3 PRO DNG FILES ARE NOT MANAGED IN LIGHTROOM .

I'm sorry but I'm wasting a lot of money and time with "teams that don't see any issue" where you can simply aknowledge that pictures are not managed in lightroom. Is it a DJI issue or an Adobe issue ? I don't care, just be honest and tell the issue as it is. Will this be adressed soon? That is what we need to know.

So please, DJI team,  just tell us what we need to know.

- DNG file in lightroom are not color managed : Colors, luminance, contrasts are NOT accurate. Just use a color checker and you will see how far it is from reality. In fact, you guys are working with images since decades, how can you not see the blue sky is completely off ?
Shadows have an horrible color cast, hard to describe, it looks magenta.

- DNG files contain NO OPTICAL PROFILE : Optical distorsion is not corrected in lightroom

- AI Noise reduction doesn't work with mavic 3 pro FNG files

You could have saved us a lot of time buy stating that Mavic 3 pro files are not managed buy lightroom. Yes you can edit them in lightroom , but it is absolutely inacurate and you have to rely on custom profiles (made with your own charts) to achieve anything near acurate.

So please DJI team do me a favor : Give us an ETA on when full compatibility will be available in lightroom .

Do me another favour : call the team that worked on the AIR 2S color science, put them on this task, and solve the issue please. Mavic Air 2S pictures were not perfect but at least they were acurate enought for my liking.

For now, I have a 3600€ drone that sits on my shelves and I have returned to my 800€ drone for professionnal jobs.

I'm a professionnal photographer with 20 years of experience and I don't see how possible it is from you, professionnal teams, to not see imediatly the issue. There are threads about issues with stills since the first mavic 3 release. Please adress it.
2023-8-1
Use props
Bruce Wayne
lvl.1

Italy

Not sure if this will work but I have just uploaded two photos...One is a RAW file straight from the M3Pro and the other is an unedited RAW file after being imported into Lightroom. Quality isn't good because they are screenshots to reduce size but you can see how this issue is severely effecting images. This was the latest Iceland volcano eruption using the 7x Zoom. RAW looks almost good enough to post immediately anyway but I want to opportunity to fine tune a few things first and hopefully develop/print my photos. Thats why I dropped a lot money on this new drone.
2023-8-1
Use props
Bruce Wayne
lvl.1

Italy

Bruce Wayne Posted at 8-1 09:15
[view_image][view_image]

Not sure if this will work but I have just uploaded two photos...One is a RAW file straight from the M3Pro and the other is an unedited RAW file after being imported into Lightroom. Quality isn't good because they are screenshots to reduce size but you can see how this issue is severely effecting images. This was the latest Iceland volcano eruption using the 7x Zoom. RAW looks almost good enough to post immediately anyway but I want to opportunity to fine tune a few things first and hopefully develop/print my photos. Thats why I dropped a lot money on this new drone.

Hopefully its obvious that the bottom image is the true RAW file and the top image is the one in LR
2023-8-1
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

ArcticPhoto Posted at 8-1 07:44
I do not understand why some people seem to have problems with the colour rendition in DNG-files opened in Lightroom. I have several Raw-files from the Mavic 3 Pro, and I also have the JPG-files as a reference. The camera was set to shoot both JPG and RAW.
All these RAW-files opened in Camera Raw look perfectly fine, and compared to the JPG's they look as they should - less contrast, slightly desaturated colour, slightly unsharp. That is what RAW-files are supposed to look like before adjustment.
I understand that Lightroom has the same RAW development engine as Camera Raw, but there may be differences I am not aware of, I do not use Lightroom.

I also am having no issues with color. I'm on a Mac with Adobe LR 12.4 and Camera Raw 15.4.  It's true I only have Color and Monochrome as selection in the Basic tab for color profiles but for me that has not been an issue. Other more critical folks make have a need for the other color profiles but I am not getting weird colors or anything like that.
2023-8-1
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Bruce Wayne Posted at 8-1 09:16
Hopefully its obvious that the bottom image is the true RAW file and the top image is the one in LR

But what do you mean it is "a RAW file straight from the M3Pro"? There is no such thing.
Any raw file needs to be "developed" in a RAW converter. You probably mean the small jpg-file that is embedded in all raw-files. This jpg is a result of the internal processing of the raw file, and this file will be identical to the large jpg-file from the camera if you shoot in jpg or jpg+raw.

When that is said, I would like to see how the raw-file will look when imported into Camera Raw in Photoshop, or other raw converter. I guess it will look better, and that the problem is in the way Lightroom renders/interprets the file
2023-8-1
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

digibud Posted at 8-1 09:36
I also am having no issues with color. I'm on a Mac with Adobe LR 12.4 and Camera Raw 15.4.  It's true I only have Color and Monochrome as selection in the Basic tab for color profiles but for me that has not been an issue. Other more critical folks make have a need for the other color profiles but I am not getting weird colors or anything like that.

I think most people are like you, satisfied with the image quality they get from the Mavic 3.

But some of the example photos people post here imported into LR look really bad, but I am more and more certain that is a Lightroom problem, some setting or preset that mess up the photo.

I have tested with several raw files from Mavic 3, and they all look perfectly fine. And that is not because I am not critical :-)

2023-8-1
Use props
Bruce Wayne
lvl.1

Italy

ArcticPhoto Posted at 8-1 09:37
But what do you mean it is "a RAW file straight from the M3Pro"? There is no such thing.
Any raw file needs to be "developed" in a RAW converter. You probably mean the small jpg-file that is embedded in all raw-files. This jpg is a result of the internal processing of the raw file, and this file will be identical to the large jpg-file from the camera if you shoot in jpg or jpg+raw.

Incorrect. Here are the 'three' versions of the same photo with no editing. One Is the JPEG which has more enhanced colours as you would expect with a JPEG. The second is the RAW file with more of a flat look. The third is the RAW file after importing into Lightroom which destroys the yellows and oranges. My question is, how do I keep the RAW file looking like it does when I open it with Preview so I have a good flat base to start my editing rather than the file Lightroom produces after I import it. My Mavic 2 Pro never had this problem.

I opened the M3Pro images in Photoshop to see if it was a Lightroom problem but the same red image loaded up.

I agree though, the problem is with Lightroom/Adobe and how it interprets the file. Photography is a hobby for me and I like to think I know a little bit about what i'm doing now but i'm happy to eat humble pie and learn from more experienced photographers. I just want a way to fix this so I can edit my photos more easily and hopefully print some out for my family and friends.
2023-8-1
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Bruce Wayne Posted at 8-1 10:39
[view_image][view_image][view_image]

Incorrect. Here are the 'three' versions of the same photo with no editing. One Is the JPEG which has more enhanced colours as you would expect with a JPEG. The second is the RAW file with more of a flat look. The third is the RAW file after importing into Lightroom which destroys the yellows and oranges. My question is, how do I keep the RAW file looking like it does when I open it with Preview so I have a good flat base to start my editing rather than the file Lightroom produces after I import it. My Mavic 2 Pro never had this problem.

"The second is the RAW file with more of a flat look"

But where do you get that RAW file from? How can you view a DNG-file without passing it through a raw converter? It has to be interpreted/developed. If not, you are looking at the embedded low-resolution jpg.
2023-8-1
Use props
Bruce Wayne
lvl.1

Italy

ArcticPhoto Posted at 8-1 10:48
"The second is the RAW file with more of a flat look"

But where do you get that RAW file from? How can you view a DNG-file without passing it through a raw converter? It has to be interpreted/developed. If not, you are looking at the embedded low-resolution jpg.

I take JPG and DNG photos at the same time. After reviewing a JPG ill open the DNG file in Preview to confirm if its worth importing into Lightroom for editing. There is a clear distinction between the two files and normally (Mavic 2 Pro) the imported DNG file in Lightroom looks identical to the DNG file opened in Preview prior. When I import Mavic 2 Pro DNG files into Lightroom, it allows me to use the 'Adobe Colour' profile which is identical to what the DNG file looked like in Preview.
2023-8-1
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Bruce Wayne Posted at 8-1 12:10
I take JPG and DNG photos at the same time. After reviewing a JPG ill open the DNG file in Preview to confirm if its worth importing into Lightroom for editing. There is a clear distinction between the two files and normally (Mavic 2 Pro) the imported DNG file in Lightroom looks identical to the DNG file opened in Preview prior. When I import Mavic 2 Pro DNG files into Lightroom, it allows me to use the 'Adobe Colour' profile which is identical to what the DNG file looked like in Preview.

Do I understand you correct that the JPG and the preview of the DNG are different?
The preview is an embedded low-resolution JPG baked in the DNG. If they look different it must be because you view them in different photo viewers. Is that right? What program do you use to view the JPG and what do you use for the preview?
When you import the DNG in Lightroom it shows the real DNG file. Yours, and others, experience is that they look terrible with the colours way off. But I and others do not have this problem. I use Camera Raw (have tried several versions), but the RAW engine is the same in Lightroom.
I still think it has to be a setting or a preset when importing to Lightroom that is messing up.
If you have access to Photoshop you could try opening a DNG there and see what Camera Raw does with your file.
2023-8-1
Use props
Valdes73
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297795 ft
Poland

So, dear friends... you are not alone with this problem. I have the same. Mavic 3 pro has awfully colours and there is a big work to do for DJI engineers. Look at my pictures from DNG opened in Adobe Camera Raw: . Here you have got to DNG file from my Mavic 3 Pro : https://megawrzuta.pl/download/908c6e340e129d1b7a349493acc9aa7e.html

What now?  Wait for some updates from DJI or what?  The drone worth 2500 USD shouldn't have such problems .
2023-8-4
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

I posted the same thing a few months ago.  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 7&page=1#pid3099990

I never had this color issues with my Mavic 2 Pro.  Seems they have gone backwards.
2023-8-4
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone posted on Adobe's forum?
2023-8-4
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Valdes73 Posted at 8-4 02:33
So, dear friends... you are not alone with this problem. I have the same. Mavic 3 pro has awfully colours and there is a big work to do for DJI engineers. Look at my pictures from DNG opened in Adobe Camera Raw:[view_image] [view_image] . Here you have got to DNG file from my Mavic 3 Pro : https://megawrzuta.pl/download/908c6e340e129d1b7a349493acc9aa7e.html

What now?  Wait for some updates from DJI or what?  The drone worth 2500 USD shouldn't have such problems .

Here are your 3 files I downloaded from your site. I opened them in Camera Raw and saved them as JPG. No adjustments at all, except resize.
They look fine to me, they do not have that yellow tint.
And I tried opening them in three different versions of Camera Raw, they look fine in all of them.

2023-8-4
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

TonDaron Posted at 8-1 08:51
Hi All,

I'm preparing a folder with files, charts and feedbacks. I'l give you the link soon

Here are three of your files, converted in Adobe Camera Raw 13.
No adjustments made except for resize.
Lightroom uses the same conversion engine as Camera Raw.
They look fine to me, blue sky looks OK, can't see some magenta in the shadows

2023-8-4
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Here is the third one:

2023-8-4
Use props
ddubluw
lvl.2

United States

I am having a similar problem. One other thing I have noticed....I shoot in Auto WB for the most part because I shoot in RAW and can adjust in post. ONLY WITH MY MAVIC 3 PRO, does clicking AWB in Lightroom generate 7500k temps...every single time regardless of exposure, camera used, etc.
2023-8-4
Use props
Valdes73
lvl.2
Poland

ArcticPhoto Posted at 8-4 10:45
Here is the third one:

[view_image]

Hi,
The problem is when you add the temperature ( kelwins) to warm up the picture . Try it in camera raw,.you will see the green tint
2023-8-6
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

Valdes73 Posted at 8-6 11:26
Hi,
The problem is when you add the temperature ( kelwins) to warm up the picture . Try it in camera raw,.you will see the green tint

On the example photo in post #26 you have dragged the white balance slider to 14000.
Of course it will look awful.
You can not blame DJI and the drone for the colours being off. You must blame yourself.

I have adjusted your photos to give them a little warmer tint, they look perfectly fine. But going bananas with the white balance slider is not the way to do it.
2023-8-6
Use props
Valdes73
lvl.2
Poland

ArcticPhoto Posted at 8-6 12:25
On the example photo in post #26 you have dragged the white balance slider to 14000.
You can not blame DJI and the drone for the colours being off. You must blame yourself.

I moved the slider to 14000 just to show the big difference between dng opened in camera raw and capture one. More you slide it to the right more you see the irregularity. Of course I do not add the temperature like that in everyday use, it is just an example to show a problem which is barely seen at lower temperature. Barely for me means unacceptable, barely for majority of Mavic 3 users - means they do not see the difference, they, including you do not see the green over tint on pictures produced by Mavics 3 and that is why I show dng opened by two different aplications at so high temperature of 14000 kelwins to show you the problem.
2023-8-7
Use props
Valdes73
lvl.2
Poland

ArcticPhoto Posted at 8-6 12:25

The dng from adobe camera raw:

the dng from capture one

See the difference? From adobe we have got the awfull green tint , of cource, there is a huge addition of temperature, but is only for showing you the difference between opening the dng in two different programs. Both wewe opened with the same ammounts of kelvins.
2023-8-7
Use props
Valdes73
lvl.2
Poland

Hi everyone.
And there is the answer from official DJI Help ... They do not see the problem.

"Upon checking your concern with our engineers we have received feedback as follows:

1. The original color of the DNG file is normal

2. With the provided DNG file, we add the temperature too, but the color is not as green as the screenshot provided by the user. After comparison, it is found that in the screenshot provided by the user, tint+2 will be greenish (not sure if the user has adjusted it himself). If the user wants a little more orange, he can manually adjust the tint to add a little more.

We can see that a  comparison with Air2 was mentioned by the user, but the user did not provide a comparison, and no conclusion is made hence It is not appropriate for us to provide too much information telling the user why there is a difference as we are unable to judge without seeing the comparison. It can be explained that different models have different camera designs, and there is no absolute standard for color temperature/white balance. Each manufacturer will have its own design style (atmosphere) for each generation of products.

Mavic 3 is not open for users to choose to calibrate the color temperature.

(The color of the provided Mavic 3 images fits our design)
The same is true for mobile phone or camera manufacturers, and the color presentation of different models of mobile phones or cameras of the same manufacturer will also be different."
2023-8-20
Use props
dre8688
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1006972 ft
United States

Adding two screenshots, one of which is a Raw file in LR and the other is a Jpeg viewed in preview. The Raw image in LR definitely has some weird artifacts. Just putting them here for reference.

Jpg

Jpg

Raw

Raw
2023-8-23
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dre8688 Posted at 8-23 07:27
Adding two screenshots, one of which is a Raw file in LR and the other is a Jpeg viewed in preview. The Raw image in LR definitely has some weird artifacts. Just putting them here for reference.

Cant see any artifacts, but if youre reffering to text on the bottom its called Moire and can be easly removed. Even from the jpeg you uploaded and not raw file.
2023-8-24
Use props
dre8688
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1006972 ft
United States

Crio Posted at 8-24 08:23
Cant see any artifacts, but if youre reffering to text on the bottom its called Moire and can be easly removed. Even from the jpeg you uploaded and not raw file.[view_image]

Yea my point was it's strictly a LR thing. The moire doesn't show up when the file is opened outside of LR. It also doesn't show up in the JPG version.
2023-8-24
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dre8688 Posted at 8-24 10:38
Yea my point was it's strictly a LR thing. The moire doesn't show up when the file is opened outside of LR. It also doesn't show up in the JPG version.

LR or ACR which you used there ( they both use the same processing engine ) doesnt handle any of Mavic 3 Pro files well. Neither Main camera or 3x and 7x tele...
Which is a bummer but I dont think its actualy Mavic issue or fault. I know ACR have/had issues with most of Fuji mirrorless system for years for example.
2023-8-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules