Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Stripped motor spindle threads
3287 7 2014-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rare1a1
lvl.2

United States

Well I purchased my p2v+ used but only had 3 flights. Prior owner touted the carbon fiber blades. Of course I immediately ordered dji replacements.  One prop would not unscrew so I had to use pliers.  Yes, I was turning the correct direction.  Anyway the top three threads on the motor spindle are totally stripped and destroyed.  Can that outer hub of the motor be replaced or am I looking at needing to replace the motor?  I do see what appears to be a very small hex screw on the spindle.
2014-12-7
Use props
Dboy
lvl.3

China

Well..it's hard to fix the thread if the thread is distorted. The twisted thread could be rubbed down to avoid blocking the blade, but the whole process may cost lots of time.
Normally the motor are provided as a whole part, finding a single gear needs good fortune
P2V+ uses 2312 motor which could get from Dji or other website.
2014-12-7
Use props
rare1a1
lvl.2

United States

Yea that's pretty much what I figured thanks dboy
2014-12-8
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

Here's the way Iv repaired stripped threads in the past when getting a new part was expensive...

Take your P2 to the hardware store (only if you dont know the exact threading of the spindle) and match up a stainless steel nut to a spindle that isnt stripped. Buy 4 nuts. Get home, put nut in ratchet set that matches nut, put nut on stripped spindle, turn 1/8th to 1/4 turn while holding motor stable with wrench. Back off nut each turn  Repeat until rethreaded.
it does take some time, but an easy try before you go replacing a motor just cause a spindle is stripped.

Or i suppose you could bring a prop, match up a bolt, then find the nut that way.....prob easier
2014-12-8
Use props
rare1a1
lvl.2

United States

Yea I don't believe they're a standard bolt thread.  There's too much metal loss to re thread even if I had the proper thread cutter
2014-12-8
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

rare1a1@gmail.c Posted at 2014-12-9 02:06
Yea I don't believe they're a standard bolt thread.  There's too much metal loss to re thread even i ...

You can get replacement motors for the stock phantom 2 v+ for $18.00 each.  for cw and ccw.  part 10 and 11.  www.dronecamps.com
2014-12-8
Use props
rare1a1
lvl.2

United States

Thanks Gerry just spoke witth them. Gonna go ahead and buy the new v3 escs & motors
2014-12-8
Use props
Dboy
lvl.3

China

rare1a1@gmail.c Posted at 2014-12-8 23:25
Yea that's pretty much what I figured thanks dboy

I am sorry that the motor should be 2312 rather than 2212 according to DJI spec
And I have corrected it in my former reply.
2014-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules