Unlock Request Rejected when approved by the local authorities!!
445 8 2023-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
simac_fpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1107579 ft
Malta

Update: ISSUE RESOLVED with reservations

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just had my Unlock Request rejected when I have approvals from Transport Malta, the Local Aviation Authority and MATS, the Malta Air Trafic Services. I have a filming happening tomorrow and need this solved ASAP!!!!!!

Spent a whole day planning flights and getting approvals and everything went down the drain in a few seconds with a rejection from a private company with no obligation from any country to have NFZ obuilt in their drones!!!

Again on another occasion you have no right in limiting our flights when we get approvals. You need to FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY. DJI SUCKS BIG TIME!! Spent a lot of money just to be controlled by a private company that has no right over the countries' respective authorities.

2023-7-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, simac_fpv. Thank you for the update. Glad to know that the issue has been resolved. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Have a good day ahead!
2023-7-4
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

How have you resolved the issue and what are the reservations?
2023-7-6
Use props
simac_fpv
lvl.3
Malta

ro_walker Posted at 7-6 08:33
How have you resolved the issue and what are the reservations?

I sent the vetting department the authorizations and the Air traffic services approvals and changed the days to match the approvals. The reservations remain as I still could not fly in manual Mode. No other manufacturer has their drones locked and I cannot imagine how they feel responsible for the use of the drones.
2023-7-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

simac_fpv Posted at 7-6 12:58
I sent the vetting department the authorizations and the Air traffic services approvals and changed the days to match the approvals. The reservations remain as I still could not fly in manual Mode. No other manufacturer has their drones locked and I cannot imagine how they feel responsible for the use of the drones.

you can't imagine it because you have zero liability.  if you have any amount of liability then you might be able to understand it better.  i don't exactly agree with what dji is doing but i understand it.  they didn't just sell you a drone and tell you to go have fun.  they connect you, they provide you with the control, they assist you with your flying....therefore they are somewhat culpable where you go to fly.   sucks that you have troubles and the process is not perfect for you but we have to deal with it because dji feels they will be held partially responsibility due to their enormous exposure.  the unlocking process is mostly based on risk mitigation.
2023-7-6
Use props
simac_fpv
lvl.3
Malta

The Saint Posted at 7-6 17:45
you can't imagine it because you have zero liability.  if you have any amount of liability then you might be able to understand it better.  i don't exactly agree with what dji is doing but i understand it.  they didn't just sell you a drone and tell you to go have fun.  they connect you, they provide you with the control, they assist you with your flying....therefore they are somewhat culpable where you go to fly.   sucks that you have troubles and the process is not perfect for you but we have to deal with it because dji feels they will be held partially responsibility due to their enormous exposure.  the unlocking process is mostly based on risk mitigation.

Seeing from where you are I can understand how you think. Liability here in Europe and maybe even most of the other countries falls solely on the owner/user unless it was caused by a manufacturing default. The only country that files for damages against a manufacturer for misuse of the product is USA. When a consumer purchases a product it becomes his property, his responsibility and has the right to use it however he wants, even illegally.  Nobody provides you with anything except the product itself in exchange for the requested amount of money. Maybe DJI ought to consider the limitations on USA territory.  

We have drone pilot licenses, third party insurance and all necessary permits from all concerned in the specified areas we fly in and any limitation set by a manufacturer is illegal. Imagine you purchasing a car and the manufacturer sets a limit to the speed and stops the car from running when it is close by to certain areas. Imagine a driver killing a pedestrian and the manufacturer of that car is held liable...... Makes no sense at all.

ONLY WE, PILOTS, ARE LIABLE AND RESPONSIBLE TO WHERE AND HOW WE FLY.

What DJI FEELS is irrelevant. By Law ONLY the user is responsible for the use of the product and NOBODY else! ONLY the local authorities have the right to accept or reject flights in NFZ. They are the competent people to decide NOT DJI. Once the authorization is given, meaning that the authority has completed its due diligence and cocluded that the flight can be accepted, DJI should have no say whatsoever on that flight.
DJI should remove all limitations on their products, just like any other drone manufacturer does. My DJI Mavic Pro is hacked and bothNFZ and Height Limits are removed, however I always abide by the local regulations and fly responsibly.

What DJI should consider is removing these limitations with an application, submitting the Drone Pilot Licence together with a liabilty waiver form.

2023-7-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

simac_fpv Posted at 7-6 21:35
Seeing from where you are I can understand how you think. Liability here in Europe and maybe even most of the other countries falls solely on the owner/user unless it was caused by a manufacturing default. The only country that files for damages against a manufacturer for misuse of the product is USA. When a consumer purchases a product it becomes his property, his responsibility and has the right to use it however he wants, even illegally.  Nobody provides you with anything except the product itself in exchange for the requested amount of money. Maybe DJI ought to consider the limitations on USA territory.  

We have drone pilot licenses, third party insurance and all necessary permits from all concerned in the specified areas we fly in and any limitation set by a manufacturer is illegal. Imagine you purchasing a car and the manufacturer sets a limit to the speed and stops the car from running when it is close by to certain areas. Imagine a driver killing a pedestrian and the manufacturer of that car is held liable...... Makes no sense at all.

Yet you and your lawyer will be the first ones to sue DJI for liability when your drone does something that you "claim" it wasn't supposed to do and you shirk the so-called pilot "responsibility" which you won't be taking when the drone disconnects and there is a flyaway or you move the sticks to the left and the drone goes to the right.

I have no doubt you are a responsibility drone pilot; however, not every european or every american who picks up the remote will take full responsibility when it comes time to "taking full responsibility."  and for that reason, dji must protect themselves.  your drone is not fully locked down, it's fairly open for you to be able to control it and enjoy it freely.  but it's not wide open and that's because "responsibility" is not always 100%.  here in the usa, we assign responsibility in percentages based on a legal standard and the pilot may be mostly responsibility but dji also may bear some of the responsibility.  if your drone has a flyaway and the pilot didn't actually fly that drone into the military airspace, your european lawyer is going to claim dji should have grounded that drone since dji were the ones to break the connectivity (because it must be some sort of "fault" when you lose connection at 2.5 miles after claiming 5 miles).  upon disconnect, dji has all the data at their disposal and the capability and the technology to control that drone and the pilot doesn't have any....so why is my client responsible?  not saying who will win/lose but this is what you'll claim when the shtf so dji is going to step in now....even in your super-responsible continent.

even if you sign a waiver, the first step is to get that waiver thrown out.  again, do i like it?  well, it's not up to me to like or dislike because i won't be the one on the hook taking "some" of the risk.  if you want to take full and absolute responsibility, erase the dji firmware on the remote and in the drone and install your own and you'll be able to call all the shots.  everyone wants to be a "responsible drone pilot" until it's time to be a "responsible drone pilot."  go to the avata forum and look at all the finger-pointing.

2023-7-7
Use props
RezHD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1209547 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-4 20:12
Hi, simac_fpv. Thank you for the update. Glad to know that the issue has been resolved. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Have a good day ahead!

I'm having a similar issue in the USA with my Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom in USA.  If there is an area that I will need to fly from time to time,  I obtain FAA Authorization and then use that documentation to obtain the GeoFence unlock.  The FAA Authorization is for a few hours.  But I can then set the GeoFence unlock for up to 1 year.  That way I can go back to that area numerous times (with new FAA Authorizations) without having to unlock the area again and again.  Well I did that today and received a rejection notice that the time frame exceeded the FAA Authorization time frame.  So my question is what policy changed and when?  Or is this just something that is subject to whoever is approving the GeoFence unlock requests at that moment.  There is no way to communicate with whoever is processing the requests.  I ended up submitting the request for 1 day since it was the only way to get it to work.  I added text to my request asking for explanation but I all I received was an approved unlock request for 1 day.  So what's up with this?  Why is this being handled differently than before.   
2023-7-9
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

The Saint Posted at 7-7 06:14
Yet you and your lawyer will be the first ones to sue DJI for liability when your drone does something that you "claim" it wasn't supposed to do and you shirk the so-called pilot "responsibility" which you won't be taking when the drone disconnects and there is a flyaway or you move the sticks to the left and the drone goes to the right.

I have no doubt you are a responsibility drone pilot; however, not every european or every american who picks up the remote will take full responsibility when it comes time to "taking full responsibility."  and for that reason, dji must protect themselves.  your drone is not fully locked down, it's fairly open for you to be able to control it and enjoy it freely.  but it's not wide open and that's because "responsibility" is not always 100%.  here in the usa, we assign responsibility in percentages based on a legal standard and the pilot may be mostly responsibility but dji also may bear some of the responsibility.  if your drone has a flyaway and the pilot didn't actually fly that drone into the military airspace, your european lawyer is going to claim dji should have grounded that drone since dji were the ones to break the connectivity (because it must be some sort of "fault" when you lose connection at 2.5 miles after claiming 5 miles).  upon disconnect, dji has all the data at their disposal and the capability and the technology to control that drone and the pilot doesn't have any....so why is my client responsible?  not saying who will win/lose but this is what you'll claim when the shtf so dji is going to step in now....even in your super-responsible continent.

You realize that what are you saying is BS?

If you have a car that provide you anti-collision sensors for walkers, this means you are not responsible or less responsible if you kill someone?
If you kill a pedestrian because you screwed it, you open a trial against Dacia for example, because they did not implemented anti-collision sensors and automatic brakes at pedestrian walking areas, and this allowed you to fly with 100 kmh and kill someone?

A lot of people believe (or play the sucker card) that is normal for a drone company to put restrictions...In fact my friend, this restrictions work simple as this: You, the innocent fool (no, you are not innocent), apply for a NFZ...Chinese systems trigger a simple command to save info related to your flight as NFZ means important information and small format pictures that can be downloaded....
Look at your DAT files....look again after you fly in NFZ zones....What do you see?
2023-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules