942 14 2023-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I know this is a competor but this video was filmed on the Osmo Action 3... I think this little baby should complement the OA3 nicely

2023-7-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Your new toy did look easy to set up BP. Will you be making a direct comparison between it and the Osmo Action 3?
2023-7-4
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 7-4 11:41
Your new toy did look easy to set up BP. Will you be making a direct comparison between it and the Osmo Action 3?

I don’t think so the insta will I think be used differently but you never know. Years ago a lot of kit seemed a real hassle to set up modern kit is getting better and better
2023-7-4
Use props
Urbsi
lvl.3
Germany

I am struggeling with this one. I think, its overpriced for what you get. The key feature is gone: This little charging case, that protects the camera. The Action 2 is a real Competitor in image quality, versitility and (now) price. In germany you have to pay 450 EUR for the 64 GB version. Thats 490 $. Way too much in my opinion.
2023-7-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-4 20:52
I don’t think so the insta will I think be used differently but you never know. Years ago a lot of kit seemed a real hassle to set up modern kit is getting better and better

Definitely a step in the right direction.
2023-7-4
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

insta go 3 is overpriced, I think the action 2 dual screen is a better option. 2,7k 30fps vs 4k 60fps
470€ vs 270€,

insta cam 39gr action 2  45gr
2023-7-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice unboxing and set up video BP.  
2023-7-5
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

An interesting preview of the camera. I have to admit the camera is very small, will probably be very practical in many use scenarios. I also think the Action Pod add-on is a novel, interesting and probably a useful concept, having the option to use it more like an action camera and adding functions and versatility for usage. What I didn't like as much was the activation requirement, that same thing left a bad taste in my mouth with the Pocket 2 though I otherwise like it pretty much. The image quality was better than I remembered seeing previously, though I myself prefer the Pocket 2 (most of my use scenarios are ones that do not benefit that much from the wide-angle lens effect), but on the other hand, this camera is most likely intended for completely other use scenarios. Don't know if this would be my first choice for a camera, but I am certain you could choose some way worse options than this. And on the other hand, I could think differently if I shot more footage of extreme sports and other traditional action camera videos. What I can say with absolute certainty is that this definetely blows my action camera out of the water (mine is a very cheap and basic one).

Thanks for sharing this and I hope you get the most out of it
2023-7-5
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

gonna hold off for the New toy
2023-7-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 7-5 09:31
An interesting preview of the camera. I have to admit the camera is very small, will probably be very practical in many use scenarios. I also think the Action Pod add-on is a novel, interesting and probably a useful concept, having the option to use it more like an action camera and adding functions and versatility for usage. What I didn't like as much was the activation requirement, that same thing left a bad taste in my mouth with the Pocket 2 though I otherwise like it pretty much. The image quality was better than I remembered seeing previously, though I myself prefer the Pocket 2 (most of my use scenarios are ones that do not benefit that much from the wide-angle lens effect), but on the other hand, this camera is most likely intended for completely other use scenarios. Don't know if this would be my first choice for a camera, but I am certain you could choose some way worse options than this. And on the other hand, I could think differently if I shot more footage of extreme sports and other traditional action camera videos. What I can say with absolute certainty is that this definetely blows my action camera out of the water (mine is a very cheap and basic one).

Thanks for sharing this and I hope you get the most out of it

I don’t think the go3 will in any way replace the OA3. I kind of bought it on impulse…… I do a lot if that
2023-7-6
Use props
Gramps50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57841 ft
United States

I have an OA2 and GO2 I find myself using the OA2 much more than the Go2 though it does have its uses. I've looked at the Go3 and think the Action Pod would. make it more useful but I can't justify the price here the basic kit goes for $399. I like others have said I like the charging station pod that the Go2 has you can just throw it in your pocket and not worry about it.
2023-7-7
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-6 20:57
I don’t think the go3 will in any way replace the OA3. I kind of bought it on impulse…… I do a lot if that

They really are a bit of different tools for different scenarios. Both likely work for the jobs they were planned for.

And I'm not exactly unfamiliar with impulse purchases myself either

Anyway, I think there would be way worse ways to use money I hope you get the maximum bang out of your bucks for both cameras
2023-7-7
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here is a little video I took yesterday of our first outing in out Itiwit X100 Kayak (very good boat by the way). The video was filmed on the OA3, GO3 and mini 2..... They all seem to work well together.

I am still learning the GO3 so that bit will be better as I dont think I had it on Freeform (Horizon balance)

2023-7-7
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

I think the days of DjI Aktion 2 are numbered. Dualscreen Combo for €249 is a great offer instead of Insta 3go
2023-10-10
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

action2 with ulanzi am 18 mic

camera gain 0db
tx 1/2 gain +5db
IMG_20231014_104232.jpg
2023-10-14
Use props
Advanced