1786 11 2023-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michi123
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142592 ft

Austria

Hey

I was flying with the battery plus, came home from a good flight and was quickly descending (max stick deflection) in sport mode when the copter suddenly started to spin. I quickly got it back under control by applying throttle, but this definitely shouldn't happen!  Checked the flight log and for a few seconds the message --Motor unable to rotate-- was displayed...

Any suggestions?

Mike
photo_2023-07-04_21-16-42.jpg
2023-7-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a look at the instructions of the page
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
If you can locate the relevant .txt flight log, upload it to that site and post the resulting link here.

If you have not yet synched your logs with DJI .... don't.

Instead have a look in the folder whose name starts ''MCDATF'' for a file with a similar date and time stamp that is similar to the flight log's time stamp, upload that file, a .DAT, to a file hosting site, make the page public and post a link to that page here, the DAT contains motor speeds.

2023-7-4
Use props
Michi123
lvl.2

Austria

Hey

Thank you so much!
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/13HU2L0C14LG1BK3M08V

at 16 5.5 you can see the error occuring!
I´m flying Mode1 btw, so the “throttle“-stick is on the right ;)

Mike
2023-7-4
Use props
Michi123
lvl.2

Austria

also here is the .dat file!
It has a slightly different file name(time), dont know why though!

https://drive.jku.at/filr/public-link/file-download/ff80808288e1d3aa018922cf0a7935c2/50748/7466930963065014411/2023-07-05_02-40-47_FLY162.DAT

Thx
2023-7-4
Use props
Michi123
lvl.2

Austria

Checked the .dat file and extracted the motor speeds....at 965.5s, i got the warning and the copter started falling. The RPM´s definitely low, but it was lower at a few times during the flight...

and the whole flight:
2023-7-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I saw that plot in CsvView, I am wondering if you had a bird strike? But it's pretty high for a bird.
I was hoping JJB* would have a look.
If he doesn't you might like to post this and the logs etc. on MavicPilots https://mavicpilots.com/
2023-7-5
Use props
Michi123
lvl.2

Austria

Hey

No birdstrike, just started falling from the sky!
I would think, (or would have thought) that one of the motors was below a certain rpm because of the rapid decent and also the additional forward flight. What was strange though that it spiralled down just up to the moment I hit the throttle again. Weird. In the event logger it prompts sth. like  "not activated battery" warning, thats the only "problem" i really found :/   
Thx for the advice about the mavic forum...if I dont get a reply within the next few days, Im gonna check that one out as well!

cheers
2023-7-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there Michi123. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please follow the steps below?
1. Check the aircraft firmware version if it's on the latest update, and try to switch to normal flight mode before taking off.
2. It is necessary to confirm whether the arm of the aircraft has been deployed, whether the propellers are installed correctly and whether there is small debris in the motors.
3. Manually rotate the motor when the aircraft is powered off. Check whether the motor is obstructed. If the motor is obstructed or it is confirmed that the propellers have been mounted properly with no foreign matters, but the motor cannot be started several times, we advise sending the drone back for testing. I hope this helps. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have more concerns.

Thank you.
2023-7-5
Use props
Michi123
lvl.2

Austria

Hi Tony

The problem occured during flight and i was able to regain control shortly after it started spinning. All arms/motors/props are in working order, they dont have a scratch. Firmware is 10.1.1  but, as I've flown maybe 30 packs already, that might not be the problem. Only idea that i could come up with was that maybe the rapid decent in sport mode combined with a forward movement of the drone, as well as the intelligent flight battery plus maybe stalled one of the motors. I could regain control by applying full throttle for two seconds.
2023-7-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12477300 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Michi123 Posted at 7-5 22:39
Hi Tony

The problem occured during flight and i was able to regain control shortly after it started spinning. All arms/motors/props are in working order, they dont have a scratch. Firmware is 10.1.1  but, as I've flown maybe 30 packs already, that might not be the problem. Only idea that i could come up with was that maybe the rapid decent in sport mode combined with a forward movement of the drone, as well as the intelligent flight battery plus maybe stalled one of the motors. I could regain control by applying full throttle for two seconds.

Hi Michi,

Had a look at your flightlog, see my chart of your data.

At 16m05.2 for very short moment high pitch and roll angles for your Mini3Pro.
But after that normal values again.

I cannot find any logic to link this to a plus battery. (i fly alot with my plus batt, no probs)
"Motor unable to rotate. Check for objects blocking motor or contact DJI Support for assistance" warningdoes not say that the motor is not running! just low in revs than a normal rev value.

If 1 or 2 motors are hampered in their rotation, than it should be noticed after the flight as well.
And in flight guess it will not do a 'self' repair   ;-)

So  OR your drone hit something in the air  OR a short power supply failure to one or 2 motors....but DAT files shows normal revs.

What can you do ?   uh  guess nothing, hope it was a spurious malfunction   if you are sure it did not hit anything in flight.

My 2 cents   it hit something  at at that distance and height   hard to see i think to be 100% sure it did not hit something.
cheers
JJB     [ Charts by FRAP ; the 'best' software for flightlog analysis ]

So what happend

Analysis1.png
2023-7-6
Use props
Michi123
lvl.2

Austria

Thx JJB

That´s what I thought as well, hopefully it´s just fine from now on. I flew perfectly well after that glitch, and I´m sure it didnt hit anything. On the ground, everything works as it always did, motors rotate freely etc.
Was hopefully just a short reminder to not trust your toys 100% XD. Do you think it would be helpful to decrease the vertical speed a bit, just to be sure?

Again, thank you very much for looking over the data so fast

cheers
Mike
2023-7-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12477300 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Michi123 Posted at 7-6 10:47
Thx JJB

That´s what I thought as well, hopefully it´s just fine from now on. I flew perfectly well after that glitch, and I´m sure it didnt hit anything. On the ground, everything works as it always did, motors rotate freely etc.

Hi,

my pleasure to help  if i can

Nah, i fly may time with full UP and FWD or full DOWN and FWD,  never any problem.

Happy many landings,
cheers
JJB
2023-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules