Crashed trying to help the homeless SMH
400 4 2023-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rking1775
New

United States

I was volunteering today for the Homeless World Cup in Sacramento, CA (yes - that's a thing believe it or not) and I was filming the athletes in the opening ceremony parade.  Well... Sacramento State Univ. has tons of trees and as I was filming my Mini 2 crashed into a tree

Is this something that can be fixed?

2023-7-8
Use props
rking1775
New

United States

2023-7-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, rking1775. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read about what happened. Since the drone crashed, we highly recommend sending it to our facility for diagnosis and proper checking. You may submit an online repair/DJI Care Refresh REpair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support).
2023-7-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The leg is relatively easy to fix though you need a desoldering iron, just replace the entire arm and motor and keep the old one for spares. However I am concerned about what might be marks on the gimbal.
I would alos be concerned about other undetected damage, it must have been a fairly dramatic crash to do that sort of damage.

If the gimbal has damage too I would be linclined to send it in to DJI, their repair prices  seem quite reasonable.
2023-7-8
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I would be cautious whether the compass lead wire which resides I think is in the leg and the antenna could have been damaged in the leg.  I would send it in.  By the L you can see which appears some damage to the chip.  I wouldn't try to fix it myself considering the DJI isn't that expensive to fix it.
2023-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules