DJI Avata issue with filters
1175 11 2023-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans31d932f9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2731434 ft
France

[backcolor=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.1)]I want to share with you what happend to my Avata during a flight on the mountains. The drone has lost connection with the radio controller, engaged N mode and the filter has been ejected and got sucked into the propeller. Don't know if this is normal, I tought the filter was properly mounted on the camera drone. What do you think about this?

2023-7-10
Use props
fans31d932f9
lvl.2
Italy

2023-7-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, fans31d932f9. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read about what happened. Let me forward this to our relevant team for further checking.
2023-7-10
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Bad luck, mate. Attaching the filters is always a pain and you never know how much force to use. A combination of bad luck times 3!
2023-7-10
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Which brand are the ND filters? Mine are so hard to remove. The Freewell ones
2023-7-11
Use props
fans31d932f9
lvl.2
Italy

Luca Rubino Posted at 7-11 01:16
Which brand are the ND filters? Mine are so hard to remove. The Freewell ones

Mine are from Freewell too. I’ve also contacted their customer service and this is their answer:

“ There are several factors that could contribute to the filter falling off. One significant reason could be the loss of signal in your drone, as observed in your video. The way the drone rotates during such signal loss incidents increases the likelihood of the filter detaching.

It is worth noting that drones like the DJI Mini 3, DJI Mavic 3 Zoom, DJI Mavic 2 Pro, and others have a proper filter slot design. Once the filter is installed on these drones, even in the event of a crash, the filter remains secure. However, in drones like the DJI Avata and DJI Mini 2, which lack a dedicated or secure filter slot, there is no guarantee of 100% filter retention. We have received complaints about filter detachment primarily for these two drone models which could but the cause of installation error or accident.

We appreciate your understanding of these design differences and the potential challenges they pose in ensuring filter security.”
2023-7-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, fans31d932f9. Thank you for patiently waiting. In a signal loss, the aircraft should not roll over. May we ask if you are using M mode? If so, can you please confirm that the firmware version is updated? Please confirm as well if you are using DJI's official ND filter. If the issue happens all the time, please export the flight controller log and provide us with the exact date and time for further checking.

Exporting Flight Controller Aircraft Data
(1) Download DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) from the official website. Download link:https://www.dji.com/hk-en/downlo ... t-2-dji-fpv-series;
(2) Launch DJI Assistant 2(Consumer Drones Series). Within 20 seconds after the aircraft is powered on, connect it to DJI Assistant 2.
(3) After DJI Assistant 2(Consumer Drones Series) recognizes the aircraft, choose "Log Export", and then click "Save to local".
(4) The final exported data are ".dat" files.
2023-7-11
Use props
fans31d932f9
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-11 01:45
Hi, fans31d932f9. Thank you for patiently waiting. In a signal loss, the aircraft should not roll over. May we ask if you are using M mode? If so, can you please confirm that the firmware version is updated? Please confirm as well if you are using DJI's official ND filter. If the issue happens all the time, please export the flight controller log and provide us with the exact date and time for further checking.

Exporting Flight Controller Aircraft Data

Hello, yes I was in M mode before the crash. My current firmware version is V01.03.0000 and I was usign Freewell ND filters (they are supposed to have the same DJI official filters mount).
The logs file are pretty huge, I post here a link to download it from we transfer (I hope I don't brake some forum rules). The link will be available for 7 days.

LOGS file

The incident happened on 7th July 2023 at h13.58
2023-7-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans31d932f9 Posted at 7-11 03:22
Hello, yes I was in M mode before the crash. My current firmware version is V01.03.0000 and I was usign Freewell ND filters (they are supposed to have the same DJI official filters mount).
The logs file are pretty huge, I post here a link to download it from we transfer (I hope I don't brake some forum rules). The link will be available for 7 days.

Thank you for the information. Is this issue happens all the time or would this be the first time?
2023-7-11
Use props
fans31d932f9
lvl.2
France

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-11 04:34
Thank you for the information. Is this issue happens all the time or would this be the first time?

What issues are you referring to? The signal loss or the filters that pops out? If you talk about the issue with the filters, this is the first time
2023-7-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans31d932f9 Posted at 7-11 06:02
What issues are you referring to? The signal loss or the filters that pops out? If you talk about the issue with the filters, this is the first time

Hi there. Please check our PM. Thank you.
2023-7-16
Use props
djiuser_0K2ESHd4HoCv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12344866 ft
United Kingdom

I have also lost a filter from my Avata in flight.  Mine was a genuine DJI filter ND8.  Fortunately I was only aware of the filter loss after landing the drone safely. In the video the filter is seen falling away from the drone in flight and disappearing out of view.  The drone is safe, but now I have a a filter set with no ND8.  Really frustrating, as out of the 3 filters included in the set the ND8 is the only one I have actually used (UK weather!)
Bye Bye Filter.png
4-20 13:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules