Different version of P3A?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JonMarkel
lvl.1

United States

I just got my P3A today and noticed there are a few things different about it from other (earlier version?) P3As I've seen in reviews and videos online.

1. The motors are different. Instead of the motors being slightly domed at the top where the vents are my P3A motors are flat with vents. You can see the difference if you compare the photos on the DJI website of the P3S and the P3A/P. The Standard is shown with the flat tops, like my Advanced, and the photos for the Adv and Pro show the domed, like the earlier reviews of the P3A/P. It doesn't make a difference to me but I'm wondering if there are different part numbers to note for any future repairs.

2. The propeller wrench that I received is different. Instead of the more tradional "wrench" looking style it is a nylon band that sinches on the motor housing. Again, not a big deal but just wondering why the change? I'm assuming that the change in wrench is related to the change in the motor housing.

This is my first "real" quad and I'm super geeked. Tomorrow is going to be very unproductive!

Also, thanks for all the great info on this forum. It helped me decide to pull the trigger on the Phantom since I knew there would be a place to get help if/when I have a problem.

—Jon
2015-8-28
Use props
JonMarkel
lvl.1

United States

I should also mention that the prop shafts on these motors are not black and silver to identify the CW and CCW. All 4 are silver but two have black dots on the top to distinguish the difference.
2015-8-28
Use props
AlmostTan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 118665 ft
United States

They upgraded the motors, congrats on getting the new one! If I recall they are more powerful/efficient. not sure about the stench. Enjoy and fly safe!.
2015-8-28
Use props
kiwichrish
lvl.3

New Zealand

ROFL!!!

"not sure about the stench"

That will be a whole other thing, probably the curry I had for tea last night. :-)

2015-8-29
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105318 ft

United Kingdom

JonMarkel Posted at 2015-8-29 06:06
I should also mention that the prop shafts on these motors are not black and silver to identify the  ...

I have the standard and they are the same as what you are describing - I guess that doesn't really help though lol
2015-8-30
Use props
lancegriggs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 448327 ft
United States

You have the new E305 2312E motor.  Congrats! It is supposedly 7% more efficient.
2015-8-30
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

lancegriggs Posted at 2015-8-30 06:47
You have the new E305 2312E motor.  Congrats! It is supposedly 7% more efficient.

Will not see anything improve over the old motors...
2015-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules