3217 5 2023-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BorkoTrier
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1340965 ft
Germany

Hello friends.
I'm new here and so I want to ask something regarding Avata and Gopro 9.
What is the purpose of putting a Gopro camera on the drone?
Also, doesn't mounting a Gopro camera disturb the motors of the drone and can it generally handle this weight of about 200 grams?
Does it make sense to use such a combination, and if so, what is it?
Personally, I'm worried about damaging the drone if I think the Avata camera is really good or I'm wrong.
I will take turns if you tell me about all the pros and cons and what is the purpose of this venture.

2023-7-10
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

2023-7-10
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi....if your starting out than your correct.  Really no need to be mouting extra cameras onto your drone.  The AVATA has a really nice built in camera to get you off to a good start.  Obviouly, you want to get all the basics of flying your AVATA down before taking that next step.  Now, that being said, the camera quality of some of the newer GoPro's (Like the GoPro9, 10, and 11) is outstanding and is better than the camara built into the Avata drone.  It's a personal preference but as someone who's been flying a while I can immediately tell the difference between the Avata footage and footage from a GoPro Camera.  Now, many of us take the extra step of 'stablizing' the GoPro footage as well. Something that Avata does in-camera.  However, again...I feel GoPro does it better with software like ReelSteady GO.  I hope that helps...again, it's all a personal preference but don't let all the extra stuff bog you down.  Enjoy yourself and have a good time.  Here's some video I shot with my Avata with a GoPro BONES (10 Black) mounted to it.  Again, just a personal preference.  

2023-7-10
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's a 'comparison' video as well so you can see the difference for yourself;

2023-7-10
Use props
BorkoTrier
lvl.2
Germany

Thanks everyone for the replies.
There are definitely some differences in the picture such as colors, but anyway in motion things line up in both pictures.
Gopro has warmer colors and is sharper at times.
I also read that the drone can't raise the camera and flips when in normal or sport mode. Is there such a thing and if so how do you deal with this problem.
I have a Gopro 9 and it's about 200g with the stand, but when I think about it, you're right, I just hang it on the drone for a few laps and then I can compare the video and that's the best way to get an idea.
What I'm considering is shooting the interior of houses and restaurants, and there I don't know how the two cameras will behave, because it will definitely not be well lit, and here it plays a role which camera will do better in different lighting.
I guess with a camera on the back the flight time is shortened by half and maybe I'll have about 8 min of flight time or less. I'm expecting my purchase from DJI to arrive today and I'm new to FPV drones, I'm even a little scared, but I'll be fine. I don't want to screw it up before I've started and that's why I'm asking.
Thanks everyone for the help and I look forward to more tried and tested opinions.
2023-7-10
Use props
BorkoTrier
lvl.2
Germany

And I noticed another thing. Avata's camera has a wider lens angle, so objects at the edge of the screen appear tilted toward the center. There is a distortion of the picture, but with Gopro it is not so noticeable and the objects at the edge of the screen are not so inclined towards the center of the screen and it is more real, but it can also be confused. I feel like I'm looking for a reason to write off the Avatar camera, but one of you wrote not to do stupid things for fun, so I'm leaving things as they are until I find flaws in the Avatar camera.
2023-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules