Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xenpix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282100 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic 3 E

Does anyone know whether it is possible to record video at 25 FPS on the Mavic 3 Enterprise?  
If not is there likely to be a firmware update in the near future?

The default 30 FPS is a non starter for some of the work that I do.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
2023-7-10
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

Unless you’re REALLY good at holding your breath for superhero amounts of time, don’t bet on that option being available prior to the rapture occurring.

DJI's lame excuse is "you don't need that."
2023-7-10
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13363842 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yea I have been begging DJI for a 24fps video mode for over 7 months and have yet to receive a reply. Not even a typical "We'll forward your suggestion..." lie. A 60fps mode would be ideal but 24fps (In America) is the standard frame rate for professional work. That's who this drone was designed for, right? DJI won't even fix the known issues with this drone, much less add anything new. I wouldn't get your hopes up for a much needed firmware update.
2023-7-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, who would assume they would revert back to the DJI Spark issue that made me 'not' buy the Spark.
(only 30fps)
I wonder why they would leave the PAL market out by doing this.
Maybe the Enterprise edition is not aimed at videographers after all.
2023-7-10
Use props
Xenpix
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello All,

Thank you for your replies.

One reason that I need 25 FPS or 50 FPS is for use in my PAL region,  inspecting areas, which have illuminated infrastructure,  street lights, particularly when capturing footage in low light.
What I can’t deal with is distracting, flickering artefacts in video, which I can’t present to a client.

The M3 Enterprise has been constrained and is unusable for some Use Cases.  My original Mavic Pro features more control for video capture.  I could use an Inspire 2 (now unsupported, not secure) but all I want is to capture a useable video file, while doing other flight activity with my M3E device.

Many thanks.

Best
2023-7-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Xenpix Posted at 7-10 23:59
Hello All,

Thank you for your replies.

Yeah, this is very true.
2023-7-12
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13363842 ft
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 7-10 23:30
Wow, who would assume they would revert back to the DJI Spark issue that made me 'not' buy the Spark.
(only 30fps)
I wonder why they would leave the PAL market out by doing this.

There's a difference between "not aimed at videographers" and "actively blocking videographers from using this drone". DJI went out of their way to make sure this drone is useless for anything video related. Besides the mechanical shutter, this identical camera is capable of so many extra modes and features on a Mavic 3.
2023-7-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Johnnokomis Posted at 7-12 06:49
There's a difference between "not aimed at videographers" and "actively blocking videographers from using this drone". DJI went out of their way to make sure this drone is useless for anything video related. Besides the mechanical shutter, this identical camera is capable of so many extra modes and features on a Mavic 3.

They probably want videographers to get the other version
It's just how these things work with tech companies.
I have been very mad at Canon for not introducing 50fps shooting in 4K in their high end videocameras while their interchangeable lens series could do that for ages.
It's just what they do to differentiate between product lines. Because a lot of the differences are software based these days, they use that.  
2023-7-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Xenpix. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, only 30 fps is supported with Mavic 3 Enterprise Series. But we will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for its potential. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-7-19
Use props
Xenpix
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-19 06:02
Hi, Xenpix. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, only 30 fps is supported with Mavic 3 Enterprise Series. But we will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for its potential. Thank you for your continued support.

Hello Gamora,

Has there been any update on the inclusion of 25 fps as an option for the M3E?

Many thanks
Best
2023-9-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Xenpix Posted at 9-23 14:00
Hello Gamora,

Has there been any update on the inclusion of 25 fps as an option for the M3E?

Hi there. We're sorry if this has been requested in the past but has not been implemented yet. We will continue to let such feedback reach the designated team for consideration. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules