MAVIC 3 PRO LAG - when Signal is not Strong. (2-10s)
1150 9 2023-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rockowe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2376352 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

MAVIC 3 PRO LAG - when Signal is not Strong.  (2-10s)
It only happens when the signal gets dodgy, from the prioritization of stick control over camera control, but it could indeed lead to a loss, if you run into something you cannot see because the camera is stuck at 28x zoom!

2023-7-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Rockowe. Sorry about the trouble you're having. Please follow the steps below to see if it will fix the freezing issue.
1. Check whether the aircraft firmware, remote controller firmware, and app versions are the latest. If not, please update to the latest versions first.
2. Check whether the aircraft’s flight distance has exceeded the maximum transmission distance of the remote controller signal (normally, the image transmission freezes when the maximum transmission distance of the remote controller is exceeded).
3. Check the remote controller antenna position. ( Please refer to the manual. page 71
4. Check whether there is significant interference in the flight environment. (Wi-Fi, radio/radio towers, Bluetooth devices, cell towers, etc)
5. Check whether the channel selection is set to Auto in the image transmission settings of the corresponding app. (Set the channel selection to “Auto”, and if the interference is still high, recommend changing the flight environment.)
Please keep us posted if the steps above still won't work. Thank you.
2023-7-12
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Are you flying within vlos? You shouldn't have a problem if you are. The lag only happens when you fly beyond vlos where the signal is very weak. Then the lag will be a problem.
2023-7-12
Use props
Rockowe
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Tony Posted at 7-12 20:34
Hi, Rockowe. Sorry about the trouble you're having. Please follow the steps below to see if it will fix the freezing issue.
1. Check whether the aircraft firmware, remote controller firmware, and app versions are the latest. If not, please update to the latest versions first.
2. Check whether the aircraft’s flight distance has exceeded the maximum transmission distance of the remote controller signal (normally, the image transmission freezes when the maximum transmission distance of the remote controller is exceeded).

Thanks for the Reply
to your Questions;
1) All Software is up to date - New Drone
2) The Aircraft is Well within acceptable Distance of the Rated (Advertised) limits
Explain:  the FLight controls (Sticks)  and the VIDEO respond instantly - ONLY the Physical buttons and Screen Buttons - for the DJI-Fly app have Lag -
3) The Controller DJI-RC is always Pointed to the Location of the Drone (No Antennas)
4)  Interference:  It doesnt matter which direction (360 degrees) - the further the drone gets the More LAG is on the APP  button controls.
5) The Channel Selection is on Auto.  (Its Noted that if Manually selected to 10khz spread on a low interference - this phenomina appears slightly better)

However Again quoting above:
Explain: the FLight controls (Sticks)  and the VIDEO respond instantly - ONLY the Physical buttons and Screen Buttons - for the DJI-Fly app have Lag -
Depending on the Location, from Commanding a full zoom (28x) to unzoom (1:1) - and coupled with a Go FORWARD command,  - The Zoom may even respond up to 10-15 seconds After the command was given. BUT THE FORWARD command was done instantly.   (by then if moving forward its too late)

(BTW: This glitch is reported on Many forums - and users all report similarly  - to my experience)
2023-7-13
Use props
Rockowe
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 7-12 21:52
Are you flying within vlos? You shouldn't have a problem if you are. The lag only happens when you fly beyond vlos where the signal is very weak. Then the lag will be a problem.

Thanks for the reminder.  This query refers to the Advertised Range of the Controler and Drone.
DJI Products should be Glitch free for advertised distances.
VLOS is not what is discussed here.
2023-7-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rockowe Posted at 7-13 00:24
Thanks for the reminder.  This query refers to the Advertised Range of the Controler and Drone.
DJI Products should be Glitch free for advertised distances.
VLOS is not what is discussed here.

Hey there, Can you please post a video of the operation and the firmware versions of your devices? I sent you a message. Kindly check your inbox. Thank you.
2023-7-13
Use props
Rockowe
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Tony Posted at 7-13 01:20
Hey there, Can you please post a video of the operation and the firmware versions of your devices? I sent you a message. Kindly check your inbox. Thank you.

A) Did You read my Full Response Above?
You replied to the Wrong answer.

B) I am Happy to show you what is happenning above - You said you sent an Email (did Not receive this)
2023-7-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13528625 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Rockowe Posted at 7-13 04:22

He would have sent you a private message on this forum
2023-7-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13528625 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Also, in South Africa which falls part of the CE transmission, you will get terrible range, you will not get the advertised range of 8km in CE without an FCC Hack
2023-7-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rockowe Posted at 7-13 04:22

Hi. I was able to read your reply above and am aware that your devices are on the latest firmware however we need to know what firmware it is in order for us to confirm. I have sent you a private message from this forum. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, however, we are requesting that information because we need to get it forwarded to our designated team and get this issue resolved. Thank you for understanding.
2023-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules