1401 41 2023-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Black Sea Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1362336 ft

Bulgaria

Hi all,
I am planning to obtain Avata, can you tell me your opinion on the drone and what gear is best to controll it?

2023-7-12
Use props
Debugger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

AVATA is a very good drone. I use it for different style of videos than my MINI2. I had never use FPV before so I got it with motion controller, and motion controller 2 later. It's vary easy to use and get very nice videos. I also got the fpv remote controller 2 and after many hours on simulator I use it for real flight. I need much more practice for sure but I can say I like it too.
Since I'm still not  good in fpv, I use the motion controller 2 for smooth flight, when I want to get a smooth video and I use the fpv remote controller 2 for faster flights, for different kind of movements and for practice.
The bottom line for me is that I didn't regrade I got it. I love it.
2023-7-12
Use props
Black Sea Drone
Second Officer

Bulgaria

Debugger Posted at 7-12 03:31
AVATA is a very good drone. I use it for different style of videos than my MINI2. I had never use FPV before so I got it with motion controller, and motion controller 2 later. It's vary easy to use and get very nice videos. I also got the fpv remote controller 2 and after many hours on simulator I use it for real flight. I need much more practice for sure but I can say I like it too.
Since I'm still not  good in fpv, I use the motion controller 2 for smooth flight, when I want to get a smooth video and I use the fpv remote controller 2 for faster flights, for different kind of movements and for practice.

Thanks, have you used the googles integra or the pro for controlling it?
2023-7-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

the motion controller 2 is better than the remote controller 2 as long as you don't need manual mode.  i have been able to fly faster using mc2.  im not sure of your exact question but get the goggle integra to go along with the mc2 and you'll be fine.
2023-7-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co-pilots here in Forum. Feel free to contact us if you have basic or technical concerns about our product. We are more than happy to help. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-7-12
Use props
Debugger
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Black Sea Drone Posted at 7-12 05:47
Thanks, have you used the googles integra or the pro for controlling it?

No I didn't use integra, I have the goggles 2 with head tracking.
With the integra, the battery is in the goggles with no extra cables around you, but with goggles 2, I got a second battery and just switch them then the first discharged and I can continue to flight.
With the integra you have to stop the flight and wait until goggles charged again.

2023-7-12
Use props
Debugger
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

The Saint Posted at 7-12 10:00
the motion controller 2 is better than the remote controller 2 as long as you don't need manual mode.  i have been able to fly faster using mc2.  im not sure of your exact question but get the goggle integra to go along with the mc2 and you'll be fine.

Motion controller 2 is great, but how you fly faster? S mode has 14m/sec and manual mode has 27m/sec.
Manual mode is not available in motion controller 2.
2023-7-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Debugger Posted at 7-12 22:02
Motion controller 2 is great, but how you fly faster? S mode has 14m/sec and manual mode has 27m/sec.

ok, i'll be more clear:

i said this:
the motion controller 2 is better than the remote controller 2 as long as you don't need manual mode.  i have been able to fly faster using mc2.

i should have said this:
the motion controller 2 is better than the remote controller 2 as long as you don't need manual mode.  i have been able to fly faster using mc2 when in sport mode.
2023-7-12
Use props
Black Sea Drone
Second Officer

Bulgaria

Debugger Posted at 7-12 21:54
With the integra, the battery is in the goggles with no extra cables around you, but with goggles 2, I got a second battery and just switch them then the first discharged and I can continue to flight.
With the integra you have to stop the flight and wait until goggles charged again.

thanks that's a good tip
2023-7-13
Use props
Black Sea Drone
Second Officer

Bulgaria

The Saint Posted at 7-12 10:00

thanks i will look into both
2023-7-13
Use props
Black Sea Drone
Second Officer

Bulgaria

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-12 20:54
Hi there. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co-pilots here in Forum. Feel free to contact us if you have basic or technical concerns about our product. We are more than happy to help. Thank you for your valued support.

thanks i will keep in mind before proceeding with the purchase
2023-7-13
Use props
Black Sea Drone
Second Officer

Bulgaria

Debugger Posted at 7-12 22:02

do you have the obstacle detection in those modes?
2023-7-13
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

Black Sea Drone Posted at 7-13 06:21
do you have the obstacle detection in those modes?

There is no obstacle avoidance with the DJI Avata. There is a downward sensor but this is for landing purposes and to tell you how high the Avata is.
2023-7-13
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

AVATA is a very good drone
2023-7-13
Use props
Black Sea Drone
Second Officer

Bulgaria

ro_walker Posted at 7-13 17:23
AVATA is a very good drone

thanks
2023-7-13
Use props
Black Sea Drone
Second Officer

Bulgaria

dnddad324 Posted at 7-13 10:51
There is no obstacle avoidance with the DJI Avata. There is a downward sensor but this is for landing purposes and to tell you how high the Avata is.

interesting , thanks
2023-7-13
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

I didn't try but as far as i know you can connect any powerbank to Integra and you can use the goggles while charging it. So better than goggles 2 i believe.
2023-7-13
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

For me, the Avata is better controlled via the FPV Remote Controller 2, it seems more responsive and I control the drone with more certainty. This is mainly manifested in flights over streams in narrow gorges or in dense forest. I also have MC and MC 2, unfortunately I can't get used to them, I probably wouldn't venture into the forest with them to control Avata.
2023-7-14
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28641640 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ross14 Posted at 7-14 01:44
For me, the Avata is better controlled via the FPV Remote Controller 2, it seems more responsive and I control the drone with more certainty. This is mainly manifested in flights over streams in narrow gorges or in dense forest. I also have MC and MC 2, unfortunately I can't get used to them, I probably wouldn't venture into the forest with them to control Avata.

I would agree, you can get much more precise with the Controller 2 (pinching not thumbing).
2023-7-14
Use props
Black Sea Drone
Second Officer

Bulgaria

Ross14 Posted at 7-14 01:44

i will see how it is withh me
2023-7-14
Use props
Black Sea Drone
Second Officer

Bulgaria

KLRSKIR Posted at 7-14 03:25
I would agree, you can get much more precise with the Controller 2 (pinching not thumbing).

i think i should try both to see what works for me
2023-7-14
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

for sure, if you don't get really good with the mc2, it won't be better (it will prob suck for you).  but rc2 is old tech and doesn't match the precision and responsiveness you get from the mc2.  once you get used to that trigger, it's amazing.  asking you to hang in there just a little bit longer with the mc2, it will come....there's a reason why dji is selling avata only with mc.  i am finding the acceleration to be much faster using the mc2 over rc2.
2023-7-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Black Sea Drone Posted at 7-13 06:20
thanks i will keep in mind before proceeding with the purchase

You are most welcome. Hope you have a wonderful day ahead! Cheers.
2023-7-16
Use props
Black Sea Drone
Second Officer

Bulgaria

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-16 01:54
You are most welcome. Hope you have a wonderful day ahead! Cheers.

Thanks you too
2023-7-17
Use props
Black Sea Drone
Second Officer

Bulgaria

The Saint Posted at 7-14 07:22
for sure, if you don't get really good with the mc2, it won't be better (it will prob suck for you).  but rc2 is old tech and doesn't match the precision and responsiveness you get from the mc2.  once you get used to that trigger, it's amazing.  asking you to hang in there just a little bit longer with the mc2, it will come....there's a reason why dji is selling avata only with mc.  i am finding the acceleration to be much faster using the mc2 over rc2.

That is a good tip will keep in mind
2023-7-17
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

You're welcome mate!
2023-7-17
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2832844 ft
Italy

HI ! I can only tell you that to make the most of Avata you have to drive it manually and with the RC2.

Of course it takes practice and a lot of sensitivity ..... but only in this way can you really make the most of this drone.

Greetings
2023-7-17
Use props
Black Sea Drone
Second Officer

Bulgaria

Max90payneFPV Posted at 7-17 20:53
HI ! I can only tell you that to make the most of Avata you have to drive it manually and with the RC2.

Of course it takes practice and a lot of sensitivity ..... but only in this way can you really make the most of this drone.

Yeah i guess all comes to the time spend to practice
2023-7-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

No problem, Black Sea Drone. Keep safe always.
2023-7-19
Use props
Black Sea Drone
Second Officer

Bulgaria

Debugger Posted at 7-12 03:31
AVATA is a very good drone. I use it for different style of videos than my MINI2. I had never use FPV before so I got it with motion controller, and motion controller 2 later. It's vary easy to use and get very nice videos. I also got the fpv remote controller 2 and after many hours on simulator I use it for real flight. I need much more practice for sure but I can say I like it too.

Thanks for the detailed information
2023-7-22
Use props
Black Sea Drone
Second Officer

Greece

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-19 22:46
No problem, Black Sea Drone. Keep safe always.

2023-7-25
Use props
Cauffy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36752 ft
United Kingdom

Also just for information, with the Integra goggles, you can still fly whilst you are charging the battery pack with a power bank if you are flying all day or for extended long periods of time. I do this from time to time.

I must say, maybe because its new the battery pack that's built in seems to last a long time to be honest... but you have an option to charge and fly if needed.

Hope that helps
2023-7-27
Use props
Black Sea Drone
Second Officer

Greece

That is actually a great hint, it might be my choice then
2023-7-28
Use props
Black Sea Drone
Second Officer

Greece

ro_walker Posted at 7-17 20:16
You're welcome mate!

2023-7-28
Use props
Black Sea Drone
Second Officer

Greece

Max90payneFPV Posted at 7-17 20:53
HI ! I can only tell you that to make the most of Avata you have to drive it manually and with the RC2.

Of course it takes practice and a lot of sensitivity ..... but only in this way can you really make the most of this drone.

Thanks, I am thinking of this option as well
2023-7-28
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

2023-8-3
Use props
Black Sea Drone
Second Officer

Bulgaria

2023-8-4
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

2023-8-5
Use props
DON-FPV
lvl.1

Philippines

I am new to FPV so I bought the Avata with the integra and Motion 2 combo, I would say the goggles would probably not make a big difference whether you get the goggles 2 or integra, but you definitely want either the FPV RC 2 or the Motion Controller 2. For me, I want to keep using the Motion 2 for my Avata. I intend to get a real controller soon but I plan to build a custom 5 inch instead that will bind with the integra goggles. I want to keep using the Avata with the motion controller because of how smooth it is (also in hopes that DJI will bump the sports mode speed on it lol). I think the Avata shines more in low and slow cinematic shots.
2023-8-21
Use props
Haz albuquerque NM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 497441 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the integra goggles and I believe you can plug a external battery into the integra goggles while using them and they will charge.  I read that somewhere but have not tried it yet.
2023-8-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules