Obstacle sensor not working
1097 4 2015-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gary
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79360 ft
Australia

hi has anyone had that warning message.  I just received my drone back from DJI after they did a free repair as I had a flyaway and a crash.  I did the first test flight everything appears to be working but as soon as I take off I get the warning 'obstacle sensing is not working'  and then 'obstacle sensing is disabled'.  I have sent an email back to DJI but I'm interested to know if anyone else has experienced this?  I did the firmware update, all the pre flight checks etc.

Thanks
2015-8-29
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

Is the vision positioning system turned off? Just guessing that might be the reason for the message.

2015-8-29
Use props
gary
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79360 ft
Australia

Yes it is turned on.  I just received it back from DJI after a free repair from an uncontrolled crash.  I'm not having much luck with this!  I have just been to.d by DJI not to fly it until a new firmware upgrade coming in September
2015-8-30
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

My guess is the present firmware has some shared functionality with Matrice that can carry the new sensors from DJI. probably buried in the code and did not get xed at time of release.
2015-8-30
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Maybe you got a new version with an obstacle sensor to avoid crashes but your software still does not support it now.
2015-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules