Mini 3 compass points opposite
933 4 2023-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fozflies147
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23048 ft
United States

Only had 7-9 flights with my new mini 3, but my compass direction indicator is off 180 degrees.  
I calibrated the controller and drone and Imu, but it shows the wrong direction still.  

I have never crashed the done and take very good care of it.

Have all the latest firmware and updates,

If I have the drone hovering and turned to my left, the display shows the drone is pointing to my right, same as to me and away from me.  

Please advise.  
2023-7-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if you did experience an error message on the DJI Fly app? Are you using a remote controller with a mobile device on it? If yes, please try to reinstall the DJI fly app on your mobile device to see if the issue persists. If you still experience the issue, please take a screenshot showing the issue so we can check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-7-12
Use props
Fozflies147
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23048 ft
United States

I got the Mini 3 with the RC controller.  There wasn’t any error messages on the display and the drone had 31 sats locked.

If I stand directly behind the drone and point it forward, it sits off to the right of the rc icon on the screen and shows 180 degrees the opposite direction of the way it’s actually pointed.

I will post a screenshot as soon as I get a chance.  
2023-7-12
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12686732 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Fozflies147 Posted at 7-12 19:45
I got the Mini 3 with the RC controller.  There wasn’t any error messages on the display and the drone had 31 sats locked.

If I stand directly behind the drone and point it forward, it sits off to the right of the rc icon on the screen and shows 180 degrees the opposite direction of the way it’s actually pointed.

Hi,

What do you see if you look in the map view, wich heading shows the blue arrow ?

Map view selected bu default North on Top, so easy to check if heading drone (blue arrow) is the same as the actual heading of your drone.So this view uses only the drone compass

In the compass mode the position of your drone (plus heading arrow = drone compass) is plotted into the 360, wich gets its info from the RC compass.

cheers
JJB
MMcompass check.png
2023-7-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Fozflies147 Posted at 7-12 19:45
I got the Mini 3 with the RC controller.  There wasn’t any error messages on the display and the drone had 31 sats locked.

If I stand directly behind the drone and point it forward, it sits off to the right of the rc icon on the screen and shows 180 degrees the opposite direction of the way it’s actually pointed.

Thank you for your response. Please keep us posted with the video so we can check. We appreciate your cooperation.
2023-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules