Mavic Pro Platinum lack of support for New Drones
4262 10 2023-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

I came across a 'New' Mavic Pro Platinum and purchased it since DJI is supporting RID on the Mavic Pro Platinum but NOT my Mavic 2 drones. When the drone arrived I powered it up, 'Authorized' it so I could checkout the drone, every thing was good so I tried to purchase the DJI Care Refresh package but DJI no longer supports this drone. Two weeks after 'Authorizing' the drone I came across an Ebay seller with Mavic Care Refresh packages for sale BUT since I'd pass the 48hr window I had to submit a 'video' of the drone, I did but was again told the Mavic Pro Platinum is a dead item. Which is a shame, I finally have the drone that my DJI Goggles RE were designed to work with, not the Mavic 2 which I thought would be everything the Mavic Pro was but better...

My DJI admiration just took a hit, removed the Mavic Air 2S from my Amazon cart. DJI, your DJI Care Refresh policy sucks, this would have been the third I'd have purchased with no claims on the first two.

2023-7-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. We appreciate your support of our products, the DJI Care service for the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum that supports your device has been removed from the official website. Also, please be advised that there is no RID firmware provided for the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum and you need to purchase an external module separately. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-7-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic 2 Pro is getting RID support its in the DJI statement - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1
2023-7-12
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 7-12 23:35
Mavic 2 Pro is getting RID support its in the DJI statement - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=293343&extra=page%3D1

I think the OP was after the DJI Care Refresh...
2023-7-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 7-13 00:29
I think the OP was after the DJI Care Refresh...

He said incorrectly - "since DJI is supporting RID on the Mavic Pro Platinum but NOT my Mavic 2 drones."
2023-7-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 7-13 14:37
The Mavic Pro/Mavic Pro Platinum are discontinued Legacy products.  While they are still perfectly functional drones (I own 2), they are neither RID-compatible, nor slated for RID-compliant firmware updates.  They can be made RID-capable via the addition of an add-on RID module from a third party.

The Mavic 2 (all models) is slated for a RID-capable firmware update, stated to be made available by December 2023.

I think the FAA confused matters by initialling listing it as support by RID and then DJI requested they rescind it from the list.    Probably a mistake by DJI when they filed the original paper work with the FAA.

https://dronexl.co/2023/07/13/fa ... mavic-pro-platinum/

2023-7-15
Use props
djiuser_i9zEPZNQI2aR
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-7-12 19:01
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. We appreciate your support of our products, the DJI Care service for the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum that supports your device has been removed from the official website. Also, please be advised that there is no RID firmware provided for the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum and you need to purchase an external module separately. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Thank you for your understanding and support.

1500 dollar drone now trash. DJI IAM DONE
3-22 16:09
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_i9zEPZNQI2aR Posted at 3-22 16:09
1500 dollar drone now trash. DJI IAM DONE

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry if you are having issues with your unit. Can you please tell us what specific DJI drone you are using? Also, please tell us more details about the issue, if you can provide a short video or screenshots showing the issue that would be very helpful. We will do our best to isolate your issue remotely. We will wait for your response.
3-22 20:31
Use props
fans25e65815
New

Canada

I was using dji go 4 app to control my mavic pro but now it is throwing this error in attached photo. How to resolve? I tried reinstalling the app from apk but still getting this.. need help please!!
4-10 06:20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans25e65815 Posted at 4-10 06:20
I was using dji go 4 app to control my mavic pro but now it is throwing this error in attached photo. How to resolve? I tried reinstalling the app from apk but still getting this.. need help please!!

Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble that this has caused. Can you attach the screenshot of the error message here so we can check it further? Please keep us posted. Thank you for your cooperation.
4-11 00:34
Use props
djiuser_mjOy323fyHsW
New

United States

So, this is amazing! I spent over $1000.00 on this drone. Now, it is no longer supported? I want my money back or a drone replacement that is RID compliant and supported by DJI. That is only fair, right? Otherwise all of us that bought this drone now have a $1k paper weight. None of us should have to "purchase" a damn thing. You all at DJI should be sending us the upgrades for the amount of money we have spent. I have only ever received subpar services from you all there at DJI. Change that do the right thing. REFUND or UPGRADE us to the amount we paid for the drone.
4-17 11:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules